Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Finally found a trade. Getting Burgers for my GLV Mints 
nthat.gif

Put mayo on my burgers... delicious... I dont get the hate for those tho, cw is unique, quality is on point, End did a great job with the concept and they mad dope on feet imo....

I guess in the END its all opinion. (pun intended) Buy what you like. I shouldnt hate on the burgers so hard. I have seen worse. (EB asics)

Hmmmm, thats an interesting trade. Don't know which one i'd prefer.
I got the Mints as trade bait so it was an easy decision for me haha. I just prefer the materials on the Saucony as well. Never really been a fan of RF either lol.

Thats a steal and a half bro. Welcome to the club. It is an amazing shoe.

smokin.gif
Thanks man, I can't wait. I think it was a pretty fair trade for both parties, since I think Burger prices now are just inflated with all the hype. And it seems Mints are more sought after in EU since they didn't release there haha.

Quality on solebox collabs are on another level compared to burgers. Don't even compare them to any recent collabs unless you just hopped on the bandwagon and don't know what you are talking about. Look at the pink/grey devils and all the 3 brothers pack, lucanids, all come with leather lining, quality suede, simple colorways you just can't go wrong. 
Man I dunno.

I just got my first Solebox, the 3 Brothers in Pink, and I was hugely disappointed in the suede and leather quality based on the talk around here and other groups. The suede on the recent GRs is way better than these and the leather isn't much to speak of. Photos made the pink pop way more as well, they look like more of a dusty rose color. 

I got them for retail so I'm not really upset, just a little let down (but now I know why this particular series doesn't resell high I suppose).

I kno ppl are entitled to their own opinion, which is why im not taking sides, but what's with all the hostility toward the end burgers. We get it, they aren't for everyone. Not every shoe is gonna be for everyone, that's why Saucony makes more then one. Personally, I was on the fence every since 1st images surfaced. Bc like alotta ppl in here, I didn't like the green on the back. I still think it should be tan like the front. But after I waited to see them in person, I looked pass the green on the back bc I liked what I saw with the quality so I ended up going for them that same day and lucked out. Now I would share a great story about how I was able to get my pair for retail this past Sat bc the owner of the store righted a big wrong by raffling the only pair in the store, which was his own pair. But I rather not bc im not really interested in being attacked for buying what I like...I have 25 pairs of Saucony's that I've been wearing for yrs now and this collabo is just another shoe to me. If I was unable to cop that day, I would have just moved on to the next one that catches my eye. That's the beauty of Saucony and sneakers in general. To be able to pick and choose what u like.

On another note, I hate the fact that I missed out on completing the Part 2 pack of the Three Bros. I've had the pink for over a yr now and I've always been on the look out to catch the other 2 for retail. Man if only they could have dropped em a month earlier, before the influx of new eyes on this thread happened. I could have taken my time and even waited a couple of days or weeks before pulling the trigger lol, ogs and regulars kno what im talking about. But hey, wasn't I the one that predicted the new struggle a little over a month ago
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom