Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Thanks for correcting! I might of went over that detail..oops. I do appreciate it as I now know more inspiration about the box, which definitely looks nice on shelf. Really hoping to get that next pair though.
You shouldn't have any difficulties "scooping" the Vanilla Strawberries provided you're primed and ready to go when they release on-line.  Honestly, if you were able to procure the MCC's which are far more widely accepted/beloved, your second "scoop" should be smooth and easy in comparison.  Bottom line, a lot of cats aren't feeling the colorway or the mash-up of the Shadow 5K/Grid 9K present in the SV nearly as much as the MCC (Shadow 6K/Grid 9K hybrid).  So, I wouldn't fret, but good luck on the 15th!  And...welcome to the wonderful world of Saucony!  

Cool review, but the box looks nothing like a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream container (0:35 of your vid).  
wink.gif
  Rather, it more closely resembles Edy's as Saucony clearly took inspiration from and fashioned the box decor after their cartons.  Behold...
Must be a regional thing, but we have Dreyer's, not Edy's out here...

You shouldn't have any difficulties "scooping" the Vanilla Strawberries provided you're primed and ready to go when they release on-line.  Honestly, if you were able to procure the MCC's which are far more widely accepted/beloved, your second "scoop" should be smooth and easy in comparison.  Bottom line, a lot of cats aren't feeling the colorway or the mash-up of the Shadow 5K/Grid 9K present in the SV nearly as much as the MCC (Shadow 6K/Grid 9K hybrid).  So, I wouldn't fret, but good luck on the 15th!  And...welcome to the wonderful world of Saucony!  
Pun intended. Anyways, this being my second pair of Saucony and from what I read the "MCC" and "Strawberry Vanilla" are two different models. I have a size 11 in "MCC" should I .5 size down for the ones on the 15th or stay the same size? Thanks again in advance, and very proud of be #TeamSaucony. Nothing but compliments I've gotten wearing the Mints and I can't seem to take them off my feet. (Wearing them as I type this) lol.

Pun intended. Anyways, this being my second pair of Saucony and from what I read the "MCC" and "Strawberry Vanilla" are two different models. I have a size 11 in "MCC" should I .5 size down for the ones on the 15th or stay the same size? Thanks again in advance, and very proud of be #TeamSaucony. Nothing but compliments I've gotten wearing the Mints and I can't seem to take them off my feet. (Wearing them as I type this) lol.
Though I don't actually own a G9 Shadow 5, I'd go with the same size as your MCC (size 11) as I wear the same in both the Shadow 6K and Shadow 5K.  

@Blake P   'Tis.  Just like Carl's Jr. vs Hardee's; Hellman's vs. Best Foods; etc.    

Last edited:
Must be a regional thing, but we have Dreyer's, not Edy's out here...

In 1981 the company expanded and re-adopted the name Edy's Grand Ice Cream when marketing its product east of the Rocky Mountains, so as to not be confused with another company named Breyers (today owned by Unilever). Hence they market under the Dreyer's name in the Western United States, and under the Edy's name in the Eastern and Midwestern United States.

so is the dark portion of the mints really dark brown or is it black? I havent been able to tell in a single picture yet. 

so is the dark portion of the mints really dark brown or is it black? I havent been able to tell in a single picture yet. 
Black.

Got mine and aside from some slight glue issues the suede is nice and the 4 laces (braided ropes, flats, and 2 thin flats) are nice addition. For $120, these are great!

saucony-scoops-strawberry-1.jpg

I know there is pink on the shoe, but in the middle, the part of the logo, is that a red or a really deep pink?

My friends size 12 came in today and they are dope, kind of wish I grabbed a mint scoop too haha.

Very pleased with the choclate mints best shape out of the recent g9 shadow 6s
Really? I just got my pair today and while the color and material is on point i felt that the shape of the upper was meh, the back is supper wide while the front is very narrow. The proportions seem off if you look at the shoe from directly above it. Luckily this isnt real noticeable when you have them on feet. 

I'm going to have to agree (although I don't have the mints) If you dig the colors there is no doubt with the quality. I feel this really deserves the old cliche "pic's don't do these justice".

Back
Top Bottom