Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Kush finally came... Looks like each section of the midsole they painted overlaps the next, sloppy. And there's even a few bubbles and a small spot with no paint. Also a crack on one shoe between the midsole and upper. Glue very visible. Am I being too picky?
Eh, sounds like typical Saucony (or insert other Asian made brand here) quality.  Some end up better than others, but none are flawless.

Hopefully with all the mayhem saturday for the jordan 1 and 350 boosts. Places that are selling instore first then online with the remaining inventory will have a lot while everyone is busy trying to reload their browsers because of the sites crashing. 
devil.gif

Not to distract from all y'alls KW talk, but is there anything else on the radar in the coming months? Looking forward to Extra Butter's "For the People" collab (and lord knows how long that's gonna take), but I don't think I've seen anything new unveiled (as in "first look") since before the Scoops dropped.

Not to distract from all y'alls KW talk, but is there anything else on the radar in the coming months? Looking forward to Extra Butter's "For the People" collab (and lord knows how long that's gonna take), but I don't think I've seen anything new unveiled (as in "first look") since before the Scoops dropped.
Extra Butter collab is for 2016

As I've said too many times, alot of the sizing confusion comes from what people consider their TRUE size.  Giving a reference to what size you wear in other Saucony models is ideal, but sizing compared to other popular brands/models works too.  For example, I wear a 9 in Saucony Grid 9000, Shadow 5000/6000, Jazz, and G9 Controls.  I wear a 9.5 in Nike AM1/90 and Dunk SB's, but 9 in Jordan Retros and GR dunks.  I wear 9.5 in Asics GL3/5.  I wear 9 in Brooks Chariots.  I wear 9 in New Balance 996-999, but 9.5 in 574.  Point being, I have no clue what my TRUE size is.
Holy crap, are you my long lost foot twin?

100% spot on for me.

Just to add, I'm a 8.5 in most dress shoes ie. Cole Haans, Floresheim, AE, etc.

Saucony 5000/6000-US11

New Balance 577/998/997/1500-US11

Asics GLIII/GLV-US11.5

Asics GTII-US11

Brooks Chariots-I've only tried on a US11 and it was too snug in the toes. Couldn't find an 11.

Reebok Ventilators and Instapump Furys-US11

Diadora N9000-US11

Y'all think I'm safe going US11 in the Kush?

I wouldn't size down in the kush. They are TTS for me. I wear a 9 in air max 1s, 90s, and GL3s. 9.5 in GLVs.

Also how many laces are they suppose to come with????

Saucony 5000/6000-US11

New Balance 577/998/997/1500-US11

Asics GLIII/GLV-US11.5

Asics GTII-US11

Brooks Chariots-I've only tried on a US11 and it was too snug in the toes. Couldn't find an 11.

Reebok Ventilators and Instapump Furys-US11

Diadora N9000-US11

Y'all think I'm safe going US11 in the Kush?
Yeah 11 will be good for you, maybe 11.5 would be ok to, just don't size down. I'm not home right now but off the top of my head KWs are similar to 577s. The only Chariot I have is the atmos which I think people sized down in, which would explain the snug fit for you.

Went with a 10.5 for Kush's......for reference:

10.5 in most Nikes/JB
10 in Saucony 5K/6K
10.5 in Gel Lyte V
11 in Gel Lyte 3
10 in NB 997/998
10 in Reebok Ventilator
9.5 in Adidas EQT

Yeah 11 will be good for you, maybe 11.5 would be ok to, just don't size down. I'm not home right now but off the top of my head KWs are similar to 577s. The only Chariot I have is the atmos which I think people sized down in, which would explain the snug fit for you.
Thanks bro! I'll probably stick with an 11!

If anyone can grab me a US11 and would wanna trade for the Beams x Saucony 6000 I may be able to get my hands on another pair US11.

Here's my pair.

Getting a bit para about this Grid SD sizing reading these different posts.  Any help would be appreciated, this is what I wear in various shoes (US sizing) and I do not like my toes to touch the front:

GL3/GLV - 9.5

997 - 9

GT2 - 9

Shadow 5000 - 9

Adi EQT Guidance - 9

Getting a bit para about this Grid SD sizing reading these different posts.  Any help would be appreciated, this is what I wear in various shoes (US sizing) and I do not like my toes to touch the front:

GL3/GLV - 9.5

997 - 9

GT2 - 9

Shadow 5000 - 9

Adi EQT Guidance - 9
9 and you'll be good.

So my kushwackers ended up in New York said I'd have them yesterday. Gets scanned and sorted twice in NY but I check today got sent to Boston.... And even says sent to wrong destination... Lol? Cool

As I've said too many times, alot of the sizing confusion comes from what people consider their TRUE size.  Giving a reference to what size you wear in other Saucony models is ideal, but sizing compared to other popular brands/models works too.  For example, I wear a 9 in Saucony Grid 9000, Shadow 5000/6000, Jazz, and G9 Controls.  I wear a 9.5 in Nike AM1/90 and Dunk SB's, but 9 in Jordan Retros and GR dunks.  I wear 9.5 in Asics GL3/5.  I wear 9 in Brooks Chariots.  I wear 9 in New Balance 996-999, but 9.5 in 574.  Point being, I have no clue what my TRUE size is.
Just from looking at your size chart. I would consider you a size 9 TTS. We've both made similar sizing adjustments to the same models.

I keep track of all of my purchases on a spreadsheet. I consider myself a TTS 8.
[table][tr][td]Brand[/td][td]Model [/td][td]Size[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]GLV[/td][td]8 / 8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]GLIII[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]GTII[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]Saga[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]GT-Cool[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]Epirus[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]ASICS[/td][td]Gel-Sight[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Air Max 1[/td][td]8 / 8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Air Max 90[/td][td]8 / 8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Air Max 0[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Air Safari[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Sock Dart[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Flyknit Trainer[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Flyknit Racer[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Free Run 2[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]Huarache[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]SB Dunk Low[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nike[/td][td]SB Dunk High[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan[/td][td]I[/td][td]8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan[/td][td]III[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan[/td][td]IV[/td][td]8 / 8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan[/td][td]V[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan[/td][td]XI[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Puma[/td][td]Disc Blaze[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Puma[/td][td]r698[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Puma[/td][td]XT-2[/td][td]7.5 / 8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]1300[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]576[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]998[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]997[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]850[/td][td]7.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]530[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]New Balance[/td][td]1600[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]Tubular[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]Pure Boost[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]ZX 8000 Boost[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]EQT Guidance '93[/td][td]7.5 / 8[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]Torsion Allegra[/td][td]7.5 / 8[/td][/tr][tr][td]adidas[/td][td]Centaur[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Y-3[/td][td]Qasa High[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Y-3[/td][td]Retro Boost[/td][td]7.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reebok[/td][td]Pump Omni Lite[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Reebok[/td][td]Classic[/td][td]8 / 8.5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vans[/td][td]Canvas[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brooks[/td][td]Chariot[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Diadora[/td][td]N9000[/td][td]7.5 / 8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Saucony[/td][td]Elite Shadow 6000[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]Saucony[/td][td]Grid SD[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
so what's the deal as far as places getting the kushwackers this weekend (US), everything going to be in store only? Did a lot of research but I could only find places in Europe that are dropping them online

Back
Top Bottom