Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Quick question everyone hows the sizing on a Grid 8000 compared to a Grid SD?

I know Courageous models I half size down.  

Last edited:
Quick question everyone hows the sizing on a Grid 8000 compared to a Grid SD?
I know Courageous models I half size down.  

Assuming they fit similar to the 8500 since the outsole appears to be the same they fit just a little wider in the toe box compared to the SD. I also go a half size down on the courageous but tts on the 8500.

^You won't be disappointed especially at that price, they're comfortable AF.  Hopefully Saucony releases some more in that same silhouette.

Did they start making fake Sauconys? I've noticed more Soho's listed on eBay recently at lower prices. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I just can't keep up with everything anymore.

Last edited:
^You won't be disappointed especially at that price, they're comfortable AF.  Hopefully Saucony releases some more in that same silhouette.

Sweet. I originally wanted the 9Ks that were posted a while ago and are available overseas, but they looked more dark grey/charcoal when I saw more pics of them. These look like they're both better materials and a truer black.

Also, I love 9Ks, but I don't think I own any 8Ks or 8500s, so I was a little worried about sizing on these. But I figured I go .5 down on 6Ks and 9Ks, so 8Ks should work .5 down, too. We shall see.

Sweet. I originally wanted the 9Ks that were posted a while ago and are available overseas, but they looked more dark grey/charcoal when I saw more pics of them. These look like they're both better materials and a truer black.

Also, I love 9Ks, but I don't think I own any 8Ks or 8500s, so I was a little worried about sizing on these. But I figured I go .5 down on 6Ks and 9Ks, so 8Ks should work .5 down, too. We shall see.

Yeah quality is really nice on these. Fit is pretty much the same as 9ks just with a little less arch which I like since I have flat feet.

Did they start making fake Sauconys? I've noticed more Soho's listed on eBay recently at lower prices. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I just can't keep up with everything anymore.

IIRC, I saw like one site selling fake Sohos years ago, but almost all fake Sauconys you'll see are Offsprings. I'd imagine the reason more Sohos are popping up and at lower prices is because the heat on non-Adidas Boost runners (like Saucony, Asics, NB, Diadora, etc.) is pretty dead now, so peeps wanna cash out their Sohos while they think they can still pull $600+ for 'em. If you look at Asics, their prices are dropping on the 'Bay, too. Lotsa good deals to be had with patience and persistence!

Damn wild :pimp:
Sold my pair a few years back, could definitely use another pair

I never believe those epic Ross, Marshalls, etc finds. Never seen anything remotely dope when I've been in those stores.

The Ross stores getting Soho's would kinda make sense. All the recently listed pairs don't have the box.

Still hard to believe, but I've seen more pairs listed in the last week than I've seen in months combined.

Last edited:
The Ross stores getting Soho's would kinda make sense. All the recently listed pairs don't have the box.

Still hard to believe, but I've seen more pairs listed in the last week than I've seen in months combined.
People tryna get the regular soho price or selling for cheaper?

Damn wild :pimp:
Sold my pair a few years back, could definitely use another pair

I never believe those epic Ross, Marshalls, etc finds. Never seen anything remotely dope when I've been in those stores.

I think these folks jus stunt for the net or find fakes. IMO

So over the weekend an established NTer posted a Soho Ross find in the Outlet thread, and since he didn't know what they were he asked for info. I got back to him within minutes and was very upfront and honest with him about what they were and that DS pairs go for $600+ w/ the box and everything. But I also told him that if they were my size (9.5/10), I would buy them from him right then. Turns out they were a 10, and he agreed on the sale at a very reasonable price for both of us. Shipped them Monday, and they'll be here tomorrow (was supposed to be today but the blizzard held them up). Pics he sent me were quite legit, and Ross doesn't trade in replicas (their buyers wouldn't be buying from places trafficking forgeries, there would be huge liability issues, both with suppliers and customers).

My guess is like the commenter in the IG post - these were factory flawed pairs that FP & Saucony didn't want released in 2013 or were factory samples, and were warehoused somewhere until sold to Ross, probably by Saucony themselves. There have been a lot of Saucony Originals GRs showing up at my local Marshall's lately (Betta pack 6Ks, some Grid 9Ks & Shadow Originals), so I have a feeling they liquidated excess stock to both Ross and TJX, and some of these happened to be in there. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the less-popular Bodega collabs (Polka dots & the recently "re-retroed" 5Ks, for example) start showing up there, too.

Reactions: alp
Oh ok that's dope, if I seen them at an outlet all them joints getting snatched with the quickness :lol:

Most of the pairs on eBay are still trying to get $500+, but I've seen a few for $300 - $400. I almost bought a pair in my size 9.5 a couple days ago for like $320, but was afraid they were fake since there's been so many recently listed pairs. Kinda regret not pulling the trigger now.

Yea for the three or under range I don't mind if they were scooped at Ross :lol:

Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a Ross pair. It's like, we all know how much you paid, fam... 12x retail is good enough. Plus, who knows how many of these are going to show up. Don't think they'll depress the value of DS OGs with box, but the market may saturate a bit in the Ross pairs as word gets out they're in the wild. And it probably wouldn't hurt to message ebay sellers w/ Ross pairs and offer $250-300. I mean a sure $250-300 payday on a $25 investment isn't a bad deal at all, especially with Saucony heat currently fading.

Back
Top Bottom