Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

man this is crazy.

Wouldn't know how to act if I saw one of the best saucony's ever made at a ross lol

Last edited:
Honestly I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a Ross pair. It's like, we all know how much you paid, fam... 12x retail is good enough. Plus, who knows how many of these are going to show up. Don't think they'll depress the value of DS OGs with box, but the market may saturate a bit in the Ross pairs as word gets out they're in the wild. And it probably wouldn't hurt to message ebay sellers w/ Ross pairs and offer $250-300. I mean a sure $250-300 payday on a $25 investment isn't a bad deal at all, especially with Saucony heat currently fading.
Yea but at the same token pairs are going for 5+ before the ross occurrence so all things considered people are gonna try and get as much as possible.

Mmmm did the bricks sellout??? I can't find them on the website.

Doubt they sold out, but Saucony loves to pull their limited releases from their site after a week or less. And since they just dropped the Chocolate pack on the site, they probably didn't want to have both available at the same time. They've done this a lot - Lodge Pack, Cavity Pack, Dirty Snow 1, etc.

Mmmm did the bricks sellout??? I can't find them on the website.
Lapstoneandhammer.com has these releasing at midnight Eastern time.  Basically in a couple hours or so, depending where you're at.  On another note, you can also sign up for AM1 Atmos raffle there too, lol.

Huh, I cpoped the lodge pack out the outlets for 150 for both if I remember. I'm thinking if they drop the bricks there.

Last edited:
Ross Sohos came this morning - damn blizzard delayed them for 2 days. Many thanks again to the dude @aj11fan  for the incredible oop!!! Keeping my eyes peeled for sz 12s for you, brother!

Some notes for those who want to know "what's wrong with them" - keep in mind, I don't have the OG '13s, so I'm just pointing out what I noticed on first inspection:

1) Very minor flaws on these in general. The insole patches appear to have been mis-glued at first before being stitched, but only by about 1-2mm. One very minor glue stain on the outer light blue suede of the left shoe. Also some minor yellow glue residue staining near the forefoot of the midsole on each shoe. Finally, one lace aglet looks like it was sort of melted a bit or something.

2) The lace bag loop was still attached, but the lace bag with the extra laces was gone. AJ11Fan mentioned that when we were first discussing the shoes, but it looks like many of the other Ross pairs popping up still have the laces attached

3) No box, obv. That's how Ross rolls.

4) The OG paper stuffing was still in them, so they still have a perfect shape

5) No dust, mold, funky smell, smoke or water stains. These weren't in some traumatic experience.

6) Production date is in fact March 2013, so I believe these were that first scrapped run of which that's been rumored

Final impressions:

Not perfect, but definitely not enough flaws to even merit them being considered B-Grade. My guess is FP had incredibly high standards for them since they were going to be so limited. They have the types of flaws you'll always find on GR Sauconys, but probably not on the premium pairs.

Overall I'm still speechless these exist. I can't believe I was able to get the holiest of holy Saucony grails, and all because they showed up at Ross of all places. This pair was in Cali, but other pairs listed on ebay are showing up all over the south and west (FL, TX, AZ, etc.). So check your local Ross! Hopefully they have your size. If they don't, I hope you can be like AJ11Fan and sell at a reasonable price to other NTers. Yeah, you may be able to get $400+ for them on ebay, but you would make someone's year here selling them to an NTer for $200-300. I know he did.
NOTE: I was in a bit of a hurry to take these and post them for y'all, so I didn't try to color-correct very much. Anything that looks "ashy" in the pics, really isn't IRL.

Ross Sohos came this morning - damn blizzard delayed them for 2 days. Many thanks again to the dude @aj11fan
 for the incredible oop!!! Keeping my eyes peeled for sz 12s for you, brother!

Some notes for those who want to know "what's wrong with them" - keep in mind, I don't have the OG '13s, so I'm just pointing out what I noticed on first inspection:

1) Very minor flaws on these in general. The insole patches appear to have been mis-glued at first before being stitched, but only by about 1-2mm. One very minor glue stain on the outer light blue suede of the left shoe. Also some minor yellow glue residue staining near the forefoot of the midsole on each shoe. Finally, one lace aglet looks like it was sort of melted a bit or something.

2) The lace bag loop was still attached, but the lace bag with the extra laces was gone. AJ11Fan mentioned that when we were first discussing the shoes, but it looks like many of the other Ross pairs popping up still have the laces attached

3) No box, obv. That's how Ross rolls.

4) The OG paper stuffing was still in them, so they still have a perfect shape

5) No dust, mold, funky smell, smoke or water stains. These weren't in some traumatic experience.

6) Production date is in fact March 2013, so I believe these were that first scrapped run of which that's been rumored

Final impressions:

Not perfect, but definitely not enough flaws to even merit them being considered B-Grade. My guess is FP had incredibly high standards for them since they were going to be so limited. They have the types of flaws you'll always find on GR Sauconys, but probably not on the premium pairs.

Overall I'm still speechless these exist. I can't believe I was able to get the holiest of holy Saucony grails, and all because they showed up at Ross of all places. This pair was in Cali, but other pairs listed on ebay are showing up all over the south and west (FL, TX, AZ, etc.). So check your local Ross! Hopefully they have your size. If they don't, I hope you can be like AJ11Fan and sell at a reasonable price to other NTers. Yeah, you may be able to get $400+ for them on ebay, but you would make someone's year here selling them to an NTer for $200-300. I know he did.

NOTE: I was in a bit of a hurry to take these and post them for y'all, so I didn't try to color-correct very much. Anything that looks "ashy" in the pics, really isn't IRL.

Glad I could help! Good thing they survived the trip to the east coast. I was hoping you'd like em so if you're happy, I'm happy. Good lookin out!

Did another Ross run and was able to find these. I'm not into this brand and have no idea what these are but these have the premium suede feel to em. Definitely will be on the lookout for more Saucony!

Green sz 12.5, white sz 12

Last edited:

Definitely, man! And if you're looking to get into retro runners at all those white Shadow 6000s are a nice way to start. 6Ks are crazy comfortable. Those Grid 9000s would prbably be too big for you, but they're even more comfortable than 6Ks IMO.

Both of those pairs are 2014 premium GR releases: the 9Ks are from the "Spice Pack", and the 6Ks are from the "Running Man Pack".

So it looks like Ross is definitely getting older premium releases. If I were anyone living near a Ross (damn you, New England!!!), I'd start making DAILY trips to see what other gems might be popping up!

@SNKRFollower  That's awesome man, reps to you!  I tried calling a couple local Ross stores to see if they could do an inventory lookup using those numbers and was told they don't have a computer system that will do such a thing... 
ohwell.gif

Jealous of all the Ross finds. Best thing I've ever found was some Tech Fleece hoodies and they still weren't even that cheap.

Back
Top Bottom