Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I entered for a size 11 and haven't gotten an email yet. Last Bait raffle I entered was for Asics GL3 Guardians. Didn't get an email for those either lol.

Didn't realize these were hyped either. Hope they stay somewhat under the radar.
You're lucky. Im stuck with my Bait Asics Pack - no one wants them
mean.gif
the quality is mehh

goddamn...just found the bait email in my spam folder this morning, and looks like it expired, smh

anybody have a working link for a 11? please pm, appreciate it.

Eventually got em. It put two in my cart though. Deleted one just in case. Don't wanna get cancelled. I wear a 13 so I did the 54 in silver and black ropes.

Uhh, I don't but shoes to sell them. I buy shoes because I want to wear them smh
Thats cool. That wasn't my intention when I bought them. Just was unimpressed at the quality. I hope these sauconys turn out for all of you

Just got my email for my sz10 about 10 mins ago. Part of me was hoping I didn't win so it would save me the $$$. 

Thats cool. That wasn't my intention when I bought them. Just was unimpressed at the quality. I hope these sauconys turn out for all of you

My fault. Your post came off differently. I own the 001 and 002 of the Asics x Bait collab. Have no issue with the quality. The 003, however, really glad I struck out on those #BaitFilterJig lol

Looks like I'm not gonna get an email today. If anyone has a link for an 11 or 11.5 they don't want I'd be happy to take them off your hands. No reselling here. They'll go on feet the day the arrive

Last edited:
My fault. Your post came off differently. I own the 001 and 002 of the Asics x Bait collab. Have no issue with the quality. The 003, however, really glad I struck out on those #BaitFilterJig lol
You're really missing out on those Nippons. When I got them I was disgusted by them, too, but after I baby oiled them they're absolutely beautiful. Easily one of my favorites, and I've been trying ti track down the Guardians & Vanquish for a steal ever since. Bait's problem was they didn't tell folks about the baby oil til a few weeks after they dropped.

Huh -- for some reason I thought the CW3s were $150. At only $120, it won't hurt quite as much. Then again, add $12 for 3m rope laces and another $10 or so for shipping, and I'm pretty much where I thought I'd be anyway, lol...

Oh well, maybe I can write them off on my taxes as a "charitable donation"!

they shouldn't have to tell people to oil their shoes to make them look better in the first place

Huh -- for some reason I thought the CW3s were $150. At only $120, it won't hurt quite as much. Then again, add $12 for 3m rope laces and another $10 or so for shipping, and I'm pretty much where I thought I'd be anyway, lol...

Oh well, maybe I can write them off on my taxes as a "charitable donation"!
The shadow OG is a $65 shoe.  None of the crap BAIT added, including the "cause" lends itself to making this a premium product, IMHO.  I'd consider buying them for $80.

The shadow OG is a $65 shoe.  None of the crap BAIT added, including the "cause" lends itself to making this a premium product, IMHO.  I'd consider buying them for $80.
Well, using that logic, it's reasonable to say that nothing on a GR Shadow OG makes it a $65 shoe. The shoes are worth what people will pay for it, and the design, short production run, materials, etc., all play into that. Is $120 a lot for this? Sure, I'll agree with you there. Is it entirely unreasonable? I don't think so, especially since I presume none of us have held them in-hand and can testify to the quality of the materials and the workmanship.

That being said, I feel the way you do about most of RF's collabs. I don't agree with their high MSRPs, and am gobsmacked by the resale prices on them. However, I also haven't held any of them in-hand, and I hear their quality is usually killer.

TL;DR - To each their own, I suppose.

You're really missing out on those Nippons. When I got them I was disgusted by them, too, but after I baby oiled them they're absolutely beautiful. Easily one of my favorites, and I've been trying ti track down the Guardians & Vanquish for a steal ever since. Bait's problem was they didn't tell folks about the baby oil til a few weeks after they dropped.
Size 13? Might be able to help with those 2 your looking for

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but you can grab the jazz suede pack for 103 shipped from Soleheaven with code STUDENT25

Well, using that logic, it's reasonable to say that nothing on a GR Shadow OG makes it a $65 shoe. The shoes are worth what people will pay for it, and the design, short production run, materials, etc., all play into that. Is $120 a lot for this? Sure, I'll agree with you there. Is it entirely unreasonable? I don't think so, especially since I presume none of us have held them in-hand and can testify to the quality of the materials and the workmanship.

That being said, I feel the way you do about most of RF's collabs. I don't agree with their high MSRPs, and am gobsmacked by the resale prices on them. However, I also haven't held any of them in-hand, and I hear their quality is usually killer.

TL;DR - To each their own, I suppose.
No doubt.  I was all set to buy them until I saw the video review posted yesterday.  The "limited" factor certainly pushes the price up, but otherwise not worth my hard earned money.  I'm sure they'll be nice shoes, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom