:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Good thing they are space jams no white mesh :smile:

But I recommend the E-6000 glue for your sole.

And use retrobrite instead of sea glow, if you use sea glow it will take the traction off of your shoes.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have to clean the nylon uppers on them. :lol:

But anyways, thanks for the advice!

When using E-6000 to re-attach the sole, what method would you recommend using to keep pressure applied to the sole and midsole?

Good thing they are space jams no white mesh :smile:

But I recommend the E-6000 glue for your sole.

And use retrobrite instead of sea glow, if you use sea glow it will take the traction off of your shoes.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have to clean the nylon uppers on them. :lol:

But anyways, thanks for the advice!

When using E-6000 to re-attach the sole, what method would you recommend using to keep pressure applied to the sole and midsole?

I always have trouble with that part :smh: I've ruined so many toe caps trying to reglue them. But I'm impatient so that's probably why.

If the midsole isn't attached to the upper you could just clamp it. But I guess that's not the case. And with clear soles, if it isn't glued with all that pressure it will never be perfectly clear, the clue will ruin it. I usually wait until I have the time and I hold it together with my hands. I know of no other method

I always have trouble with that part :smh: I've ruined so many toe caps trying to reglue them. But I'm impatient so that's probably why.

If the midsole isn't attached to the upper you could just clamp it. But I guess that's not the case. And with clear soles, if it isn't glued with all that pressure it will never be perfectly clear, the clue will ruin it. I usually wait until I have the time and I hold it together with my hands. I know of no other method

Ah, I see. I figured as much. Thanks for the advice! If I got any other questions I'll post them.

I'll try posting pictures as well when I start my project. Thanks again.

Ok..here it is...the ArmoraAll video I promised. The idea is pretty straight forward, but I thought I'd show you my exact method. I also highlight some results I've had with other pairs. I don't know yet how extensively it will slow yellowing of netting and icy soles because I just started this a week ago, but you will see how nicely it conditions midsoles and outsoles. Peep this...

That's the Armor All Original right? I just wanna make sure. Also what stores carries these wipes at for what price, I don't want to wait for Amazon to ship. 

That's the Armor All Original right? I just wanna make sure. Also what stores carries these wipes at for what price, I don't want to wait for Amazon to ship. 
Yeah...original with they yellow/orange label and the yellow cap. I bought it at Pep Boys in the detailing section. I'm sure you could find it at most autozone or whatever type stores, probably even target in their automotive section. I believe it was like 6 bucks.

Yeah...original with they yellow/orange label and the yellow cap. I bought it at Pep Boys in the detailing section. I'm sure you could find it at most autozone or whatever type stores, probably even target in their automotive section. I believe it was like 6 bucks.

Was that yellow spot by the jumpman already on there or is it from you wearing them?

My 00's Concords sole is already starting to separate and their brown, should I retrobright first and glue it or remove the whole sole and then retrobright and re-attach it? 

My 00's Concords sole is already starting to separate and their brown, should I retrobright first and glue it or remove the whole sole and then retrobright and re-attach it? 

Same result either way. When I was working on mine (before I ruined them with dye :frown: ) I separated the whole thing and scraped all the old glue off the sole and CF plate. It allows it to glue cleanly and stay on longer.

So you might as well separate and reattach it. Retrobrite it while it's separated.

Was that yellow spot by the jumpman already on there or is it from you wearing them?

It was already there. The shoe came out in may 2011. I just bought the shoe on eBay and I have no idea how well the shoes were stored. But yes, they showed up dead stock with that bit of yellowing. Nothing major though...the soles are still very very icy, almost perfect.

Just curious but would you guys reccomend using baby oil to darken the suede?
I used baby oil on my navy blue gazelle adidas and the black on my nike sb flannel harbors. The suede got darker and looks new. I would recommend on dark colors only though.

Ok..here it is...the ArmoraAll video I promised. The idea is pretty straight forward, but I thought I'd show you my exact method. I also highlight some results I've had with other pairs. I don't know yet how extensively it will slow yellowing of netting and icy soles because I just started this a week ago, but you will see how nicely it conditions midsoles and outsoles. Peep this...

I'll be trying this as well.  I've been using water proofer on the soles, with success so far, but the Armor All looks to be even better.

Should I armor all before my first wear of any Jordans or should I just  wipe the sole/mid sole after every wear? 

Those Armor-All wipes are a water-based product, hence, why Armor-All products are so cheap. Just FYI.

Most car detailers won't touch armour all because of the long term damage done to tires and dashboards. Spider web cracks develop on sidewalls and cracks in dashboards. Mind you those uses are exposed much longer to sun and harsh conditions than shoes will. Just an FYI...

Hey italipino23 thanks for posting the video. Have you tried using the protectant wipes on the actual leather of the shoe or do you have to get the leather wipes?
Funny you ask...the guy who i got the idea from who made the youtube video said to do that. He said actually wipe the leather (smooth leather not nubuck obviously) with the armorall vinyl protectant. I kinda balked at that idea...especially since armorall makes wipes for leather, and this is for plastic and rubber. HOWEVER...I did try it on some DC shoes I have that I dont care about (I used to wear a LOT of skate kicks) that have smooth leather. I very lightly applied it and wiped it off immediately. I will say that it made it VERY supple and smooth and I liked the result. The surface seemed moisturized and protected. That being said, I'm still afraid to use it on my J's because that's not what the material that the product is intended for and I'm just afraid to use it in that capacity. But since my midsoles and outsoles had obviously started showing signs of being ashy or dehydrated from repetitive cleaning, I'm seeking similar treatment for my non nubuck/suede surfaces like tumbled leather and smooth/perforated leather (like 3s, 13s, some 4s you get the idea). Even though the leather seems fine now...I'm thinking that the repetitive cleaning is probably drying out the leather too. I'll probably try armorall leather wipes or shoe conditioner. I also have leather wipes for furniture that I bought for my leather couches. I'll probably try that on some skate kicks that I don't care about. 

When I try to glue the sole of my 11's, I can never get the glue to dry completely. Am I just putting too much??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom