:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Don't

Just use dish soap and water, and a toothbrush, you're just trying to get the grime off of there before you apply the RIT.
Thanks and what's the consensus Bar Keeper's Freind or RIT? And thinking BKF as a last resort, I think it might be OK as long as it's fully removed from the material, afterwards. Any thoughts?

Don't

Just use dish soap and water, and a toothbrush, you're just trying to get the grime off of there before you apply the RIT.
Thanks and what's the consensus Bar Keeper's Freind or RIT? And thinking BKF as a last resort, I think it might be OK as long as it's fully removed from the material, afterwards. Any thoughts?

I've heard it really works well. I use RIT personally, but if it's not working for you bar keepers friend would be my next step,

eyyy, long story short i can grab these 99 4s in a trade that is extremely in my favour but there is the normal midsole cracking.. just wondering if ill have to do a full midsole swap or if there is anykind of glue or adhesive i could use to keep it together or am i going to have to rip it all off

thanks boys 

Your going to have to rip it off.
You can find flight 89's on sale or other nikes that have the same midsole for a donor pair

Is there any way to restore nubuck because i see dying does not work so is there any way to get nubuck that has been rubbed down by jeans to the original color again?

Saw a few pages back someone mention that you really don't need to use sunlight or bulbs to retrobrite. Has anyone tried this method?

in everything that i have seen/read from using it on soles and using it to take the yellow off of plastics (computer application) you have to have some kind of UV light but what i heard is that oxyclean mixed with water makes hydrogen peroxide so you dont NEED to add any hydrogen peroxide to any mix unless you want to boost the % to a crazy amount, im still in the works of trying a different method to see if it works and i will update this thread with my findings once i am happy with the results

Working on my own Retrobrite formula

Got some Oly VI's cooking.

Current ingredients are; 

Super Degreasing Dish soap

Oxy Clean

Witch Hazel

Made a nice yellow paste, they are currently under a light with the plastic wrap and aluminum foil. The whole works. 

Will see how it goes in an hour

EDIT - Whitening toothpaste does a wonder on clear soles. (Im experimenting right now)

I just brushed my green beans with colgate optic white since the tube was almost out. It got 2x clearer.

Last edited:
What's the best way to clean this mesh?

It's a denim stain btw...

Last edited:
Thinkin about refreshin my BC3s. Repainting the midsole etc. First tho, is it possible to clean up the elephant print? Got caught in the rain one day and well...

If it's a scuff or on the surface Mr. Clean Magic Easier should work just rub lightly and not hard enough to cause another scratch or tear the material. 
Repped. Thank you very much. Is mr clean magic eraser safe to use though? I will try to rub lightly but it's not something that will significantly hard the material even more right?

Varsity reds

Tryed to repaint by mixing
Fire red,red,white,Neutral,black

But none of those seem to look right or I'm just not mixing the right ones??they all seem to turn into a type of pink when I mixed them

eyyy, long story short i can grab these 99 4s in a trade that is extremely in my favour but there is the normal midsole cracking.. just wondering if ill have to do a full midsole swap or if there is anykind of glue or adhesive i could use to keep it together or am i going to have to rip it all off
thanks boys 

this is definitely not in your favor as those 99's are fake. trust me don't do it. also @sir charles, thanks for the tip on the dye not bleeding into other material when rinsing, I'll give this a shot on beaters and see what happens.

this is definitely not in your favor as those 99's are fake. trust me don't do it. also @sir charles, thanks for the tip on the dye not bleeding into other material when rinsing, I'll give this a shot on beaters and see what happens.
for real go on.. everything looked good to me (heel bump, tongue, toe box) im interested now lol

Hrm.. How are they fake? By the way they're crumbling? Everything looks good to me. Heel bump and back tab look good.

Back
Top Bottom