:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hell yeah go for it. LED lights ftw bro

Haha nice I might check that out. All 26 that I follow on IG are shoe related so that’s all I go on there for lol I’m old. Hell all but quit Facebook I check it like once a month if that. Trying to get rid of all my old grow equipment so might use the marketplace on fb.

Haha also use ebay to sell that stuff! You'll have a bigger audience for that stuff

Haha also use ebay to sell that stuff! You'll have a bigger audience for that stuff
Yeah I can’t ship a heavy *** carbon filter though. Reflectors are too big. Ballasts are too heavy. The inline can fans and bulbs I could ship but I just want someone to pick it up the whole lot of it. I spent easily over $3k on all of it and I’d be happy to just get a few hundred at this point lol the LED tech has made my HID lights obsolete but not the rest of it. I won’t need odor control where I move next and will be able to live my life in peace.

I might get another Mars light for icing soles since I will have a better use for it later anyway!

Yeah I can’t ship a heavy *** carbon filter though. Reflectors are too big. Ballasts are too heavy. The inline can fans and bulbs I could ship but I just want someone to pick it up the whole lot of it. I spent easily over $3k on all of it and I’d be happy to just get a few hundred at this point lol the LED tech has made my HID lights obsolete but not the rest of it. I won’t need odor control where I move next and will be able to live my life in peace.

I might get another Mars light for icing soles since I will have a better use for it later anyway!

I hear you that bulk sale def would be convenient. Hell ya that double light really might be the secret! haha I'll screenshot and send a pic of the guy's results.

What to do about this?

A74D6C04-FB00-44DA-AFE3-310FA6FFE849.jpeg

A little confused when you said it effected the midsole or side materials. So some parts on the midsole were iced from leftovers?
Congrats on the inside setup, so worth it and super beneficial for year round sessions.
As far as staining other parts it could have easily been user error from having left the treatment on for too long or out in direct sun when too hot.
Also, a good restore I just followed on instagram..@flippin_kickz does a boss job restoring OGs and ices the **** out of his shoes. Yall should check him out.
FOLLOWED!! Thank you for dropping his handle, dudes work is beautiful. You can tell he really has a passion and artistic knack for it from all the attention to minor details.
What to do about this?

How old are they? Is that a pad off the sole of break in rubber?
Been looking for some good lights to use for an indoor setup. Any recommendations?👀👀👀
Run a 20W to the front and 30W LED overhead. Both from Amazon. Can grab exact models if requested.

Last edited:
20200705_152915.jpg

Showed the Referees some love by giving a full soak/wash over the weekend.
Call them Blackcat IEs myself, definitely wanted to be sure they look right for the Cements arrival after the 16th for a group shot.

Congrats on the inside setup, so worth it and super beneficial for year round sessions.
As far as staining other parts it could have easily been user error from having left the treatment on for too long or out in direct sun when too hot.

FOLLOWED!! Thank you for dropping his handle, dudes work is beautiful. You can tell he really has a passion and artistic knack for it from all the attention to minor details.

How old are they? Is that a pad off the sole of break in rubber?

Run a 20W to the front and 30W LED overhead. Both from Amazon. Can grab exact models if requested.
they released a little over four years ago

I've worn <10 times to my estimation

that's the only part that has seperated

What to do about this?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but wouldn’t a little bit of barge infinity cement heated to a certain temperature range and then clamped do the trick here? I forgot the temperature it shouldn’t be more than but can look if need be. I need to know anyway. I have a pair of 2000 fire red 5s that I’ve been wanting to sole swap ever since I ignorantly ****ed them up eons ago. The uppers are in amazing shape except for the normal oxidation of the netting.

Why isn’t it letting me post the photo. Just get a vague error that doesn’t tell me why it fails wtf. Edit: file size was too big. Would’ve been nice if it tells you that.

anyway I posted the pic below. I need to figure out what my best option is to swap. The least expensive way to get the soles I need.

also,looking into the best way to remove glue stains on the toe of the flint 13. Regular rubber eraser? Magic eraser? Carefully use a dremel with a fine grit sanding bit? Acetone if those don’t work? Will post a pic shortly. It’s not a ton of glue it’s a very thin amount. It’s actually weird like how the **** did it happen.

Last edited:
they released a little over four years ago

I've worn <10 times to my estimation

that's the only part that has seperated
Thats odd it would peel so prematurely but the material should be perfectly fine, i say heat gun/blow dry off the last bit still holding strip both sides with acetone and then reglue with adhesive of choice. Youll likely need a clamp of sorts as well just to be sure it fully sets. You should be able to find some at the local hardware store. Feel free to drop a line for any additional guidance.
Are those OG Vs? May be better off getting the latest retro. Soles appear to be oxidized beyond the safe point id work on. That aside may be able to swap with whatever previous retro was but not sure if thatll be cost efficient.
As far as glue stains go applying some heat and rubbing off with acetone tends to work best. Test the material first to make sure it doesnt strip any paint, if that is the case switch to Alcohol.

Are those OG Vs? May be better off getting the latest retro. Soles appear to be oxidized beyond the safe point id work on. That aside may be able to swap with whatever previous retro was but not sure if thatll be cost efficient.
As far as glue stains go applying some heat and rubbing off with acetone tends to work best. Test the material first to make sure it doesnt strip any paint, if that is the case switch to Alcohol.
Not OGs wish they’re the 2000 retros. Yeah I was hoping to find a 2013 pair with beat uppers and decent sole that I could ice for cheap but that might be tough lol

Here is a pic of what I’m talking about the glue in case it changes your advice. It’s a really really thin glue mark. Still heat gun and acetone?
0CE4F744-1310-4DB5-B362-49015044668A.jpeg
1D8DBD78-EA80-450D-BA33-A8DCB710A7B3.jpeg
C12FF0DA-9AED-42AA-AB89-DDD6B4486C22.jpeg

Is there any solution to put on Foamposite to revive it?
Honestly was thinking about that a couple months back. Way i see it is it may be best to just hit these with a solid soak and wash prior to any deterioration and apply rubber conditioner while going along. Bit of a mystery at the moment for me since i dont own a pair. Would like to add one or two at some point.

this should be as effective as sunlight or id need something bigger?
In my personal opinion nothing best direct sunlight with heat however with that being said i absolutely love having an indoor setup for colder months or times when doing daytime cycles isnt possible.
Havent went with a higher wattage but can imagine it would help expedite things a bit more, i say give it a go and share the results with us.

Does anyone know if you can unyellow the toe cap on a pair of white Lance Mountain 1s? Have some Salon 40 care but didn't want to damage the leather or paint. Not sure if I've ever seen a video or heard anyone mention unyellowing leather panels on a shoe.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can unyellow the toe cap on a pair of white Lance Mountain 1s? Have some Salon 40 care but didn't want to damage the leather or paint. Not sure if I've ever seen a video or heard anyone mention unyellowing leather panels on a shoe.
Havent personally myself but have used it on parts outside of just the rubber sole. 40v i believe is the least potent so you may be good for a short cycle trial.

Back
Top Bottom