:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by davey5737

how would you go about fixing these? i saw the other posts but would i have to strip all the black off and completely repaint it?
%21BfOW3UQBGk%7E%24%28KGrHqQH-CwErfUh1,+SBL%21,Jkq1Yg%7E%7E_3.JPG
yes you would have to strip the whole paint unless you want to just paint that area and make a black patch that darker than the orginal black. ifyou want it to look good. then you would have to repaint the whole thing.

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Well I just recently got some DS 3m Raging Bull Vs and I was wondering how you can clean the material if they were to get dirty? Just in case because I may Un-DS them today

they got products just for your problems at shoe stores.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I have a small tiny splint crack on the midsole of one of my shoes. The shoes are still wearable, but is there any way I can prevent it from getting worse? Can I put something on it to bond it back together and mold? The crack isn't deep at all, mostly on the surface, but I'm worried it's going to get worse with time, I want to prevent it before it happens.

try using caulk to hold it together
Originally Posted by ThatKickKid

Is painting the soles on black cement threes the only way to get rid of the yellowing?

yeah, you can also sand it but that risky because overtime the midsole can become brittle and fall apart.
Originally Posted by berg80

You know how they always try to upsell you on the shoe cleaner, protectant, etc when buying shoes? I just got some all-white Jordan 12s, is it worth it/recommended to get the protectant to help prevent staining, etc? It wouldn't yellow white shoes would it?

of course they're good. they wouldnt try and sell it to you if it wasnt any good.

Originally Posted by FlipMode11

I just scooped up from Concord XIs and I was wondering how you use BKF exactly on the mesh? Is there a certain way to clean it? I'm trying to restore them since my friend didn't really take care of them.

there's guides on how to clean mesh with BFK. look around.
Originally Posted by mikew25

does anyone knw hw to restore newbuck

what exactly is your problem with the nubuck?

can anyone help me with the issue of bleeding onto the pods of grey toe xiii's?!?! (gettin um white again) ive yet to try my own methods bc i wanted to seewhat other heads had on the knowledge.

Originally Posted by filly413

can anyone help me with the issue of bleeding onto the pods of grey toe xiii's?!?! (gettin um white again) ive yet to try my own methods bc i wanted to see what other heads had on the knowledge.
you can try using Mr Clean Magic eraser. you can try scraping the bleeded area off. i know some people use VERY FINE sand paper. if you. if worstcomes to worst. then you would have to repaint it if your that serious of getting the jean stain off.
Originally Posted by davey5737

good looks fpsee

no problem.

Originally Posted by FPSee

You know how they always try to upsell you on the shoe cleaner, protectant, etc when buying shoes? I just got some all-white Jordan 12s, is it worth it/recommended to get the protectant to help prevent staining, etc? It wouldn't yellow white shoes would it?

of course they're good. they wouldnt try and sell it to you if it wasnt any good.

Well I assume they probably work on commission, so just because they are trying to upsell me doesn't make it a good product. Makes me skeptical becausethey push it so hard all the time.

Well I assume they probably work on commission, so just because they are trying to upsell me doesn't make it a good product. Makes me skeptical because they push it so hard all the time.

true. but they do work. esp. the cleaners and the protectant. well for me they do.

Originally Posted by Kickaddicted

When seaglowing, has anyone ever tried using a UV light instead of the sunlight? If so, how'd that come out
nerd.gif
Here'sa pic of that'll help me get a answer.

Anyone knows how to preserve Aqua 8's? and on my Olympic 6s the toe had started to turn yellow how can turn em back to coke white again with regular household materials

Originally Posted by ItsAllenUBeezy

Anyone knows how to preserve Aqua 8's? and on my Olympic 6s the toe had started to turn yellow how can turn em back to coke white again with regular house hold materials

as for preserving, just keep them in the box. some people put them ziplocks or saran wrap them. you cant really turn them back to original white unless yourepaint them. there's no reverse process. to get them white again without damaging the shoe itself.

anyone have any issues with the soles of the XI's becoming reallyyyy sticky when seaglowing?I tried warm water and soap to get it off.I even tried toscrape the gumsole.NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY HELP PLSSSSS???
also , anyone remember the dude who made/showed a thread about a clear sticker thing you can put on the bottom of the elevens to keep them clean when you wearthem??

Originally Posted by j671

anyone have any issues with the soles of the XI's becoming reallyyyy sticky when seaglowing?I tried warm water and soap to get it off.I even tried to scrape the gumsole.NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY HELP PLSSSSS???
also , anyone remember the dude who made/showed a thread about a clear sticker thing you can put on the bottom of the elevens to keep them clean when you wear them??

i never heard of a problem of seaglowing with the soles sticking. actually a lot of people encounter the soles being slippery after seaglowing. are you sureyour using the same type of seaglow? as for the clear plastic, i remember that. i think that was a sample product but im not sure. i havent seen that in storesat all.

Originally Posted by j671

anyone have any issues with the soles of the XI's becoming reallyyyy sticky when seaglowing?I tried warm water and soap to get it off.I even tried to scrape the gumsole.NO LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY HELP PLSSSSS???
also , anyone remember the dude who made/showed a thread about a clear sticker thing you can put on the bottom of the elevens to keep them clean when you wear them??

i never heard of a problem of seaglowing with the soles sticking. actually a lot of people encounter the soles being slippery after seaglowing. are you sure your using the same type of seaglow? as for the clear plastic, i remember that. i think that was a sample product but im not sure. i havent seen that in stores at all.
definently the right one.clear bottle, blue liquid.Its definently working.dont understand why its real sticky after soaping and scrubbing it

What Angelus paints should i buy to mix together to fill a crack in the blue part of the AJ aqua viii's?

Originally Posted by cberr

What Angelus paints should i buy to mix together to fill a crack in the blue part of the AJ aqua viii's?
get a sample of the paint from the aqua's and take it to lowe's or home depot for them to do a paint analysis. they'll be able to tellyou what colors you need to mix to get that shade. hopefully the colors are available for you from angelus paints to buy.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

get a sample of the paint from the aqua's and take it to lowe's or home depot for them to do a paint analysis. they'll be able to tell you what colors you need to mix to get that shade. hopefully the colors are available for you from angelus paints to buy.

How do i get a sample of the paint from the aqua's without taking the whole shoe in?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

get a sample of the paint from the aqua's and take it to lowe's or home depot for them to do a paint analysis. they'll be able to tell you what colors you need to mix to get that shade. hopefully the colors are available for you from angelus paints to buy.

How do i get a sample of the paint from the aqua's without taking the whole shoe in?
whats the problem of bringing the shoe in?

I just would feel stupid carryin a shoe for paint samples into a home depot store.
well then i guess its stupid to try and get the paint from the sample so you can repaint it then huh. yeah, you're right. its a stupididea.
indifferent.gif

I just would feel stupid carryin a shoe for paint samples into a home depot store.
well then i guess its stupid to try and get the paint from the sample so you can repaint it then huh. yeah, you're right. its a stupid idea.
indifferent.gif

Your ignorant. I just believe it would look to weird to bring a shoe into a home improvement and supplies store.

well then i guess its stupid to try and get the paint from the sample so you can repaint it then huh. yeah, you're right. its a stupid idea.
indifferent.gif

Your ignorant. I just believe it would look to weird to bring a shoe into a home improvement and supplies store.
looooooool. im ignorant huh. i didnt know that i had to be educated for something that is so simple and straightforward. i mean cmon, bringing ashoe into a SUPPLY store? "home improvement and supplies", supplies isnt limited to only home improvements/renovations. that's like saying Longsor CVS Pharmacy is only limited to prescription drugs. cmon now. i mean if you're more worried about looking "weird" walking into home depotinstead of trying to find the right color for your shoes, then you have A LOT to learn. people can careless if you brought shoes into a store. its not like youknow everybody that's going to be in home depot and that they're gonna laugh at you. or that you'll see those people again. You need to grow alittle bit more, and realize that people's simple opinions isnt as nearly important, than your personal wants.

But all i can say is: "Quit being a BlTCH, and just do it.".

But im ignorant right? so i wouldn't know anybody better. who else agrees with me besides cberr?
ANYWAYS, this isnt the "educate the ignorant thread". so anybody else have any problems?

Back
Top Bottom