:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Regarding the VI's, there are a few options. Ok, it's not suede like the Infrared so no worries. I would first take warm water, a blue scratch free dish washing pad, and mild detergent (tide colorsafe or something in that nature) and just gently wash the shoe. Remove the laces first and get scrubbing. Now less is more. Don't just scrub as hard as you can, as you can damage the shoe. But gently wash away any dirt or grime. Then gently pat the shoe down with a towel to remove as much water as possible. Now let it dry overnight. Now to whiten the midsole I would recommend using the Plus White 5 mintue speed whitening gel. Take a qtip and put the bleach on the midsole of the shoe overnight and that should take away some of the yellowing. And of course you could also get seaglow for the sole.

With the laces, take a clean disposable water bottle and put warm water, detergent, and some bleach in it. Then wash the laces first with the blue scratch free dish washing pad and some detergent. Once you get most of the grime off, place the places into the bottle and shake. You can leave it overnight. Take them out and rinse with warm water. Let them hang dry on your door knob and it should be good to go.

Ok, I got a question. I just got a pair of used Jordan I Silver Anniversary edition. It's the one that came in that really nice shoecase. Do you notice the silver part is like flakes. Well how do I clean this shoe? I'm kind of worried I might peel off some of that. It feels brittle and it's like peeling. I have cleaned and restored many J's in my life, but this material is new to me. I've searched and searched, but I don't think anybody has tried to clean these before. Also I have to be extra careful as the flat silver portion of the shoe is nubuck/suede.http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=2011-08-09_16-19-06_278.jpghttp://s475.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=2011-08-09_16-18-32_468.jpghttp://s475.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=2011-08-09_16-18-27_374.jpghttp://s475.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=2011-08-09_16-18-12_894.jpg

Originally Posted by Blaze7

Regarding the VI's, there are a few options. Ok, it's not suede like the Infrared so no worries. I would first take warm water, a blue scratch free dish washing pad, and mild detergent (tide colorsafe or something in that nature) and just gently wash the shoe. Remove the laces first and get scrubbing. Now less is more. Don't just scrub as hard as you can, as you can damage the shoe. But gently wash away any dirt or grime. Then gently pat the shoe down with a towel to remove as much water as possible. Now let it dry overnight. Now to whiten the midsole I would recommend using the Plus White 5 mintue speed whitening gel. Take a qtip and put the bleach on the midsole of the shoe overnight and that should take away some of the yellowing. And of course you could also get seaglow for the sole.

With the laces, take a clean disposable water bottle and put warm water, detergent, and some bleach in it. Then wash the laces first with the blue scratch free dish washing pad and some detergent. Once you get most of the grime off, place the places into the bottle and shake. You can leave it overnight. Take them out and rinse with warm water. Let them hang dry on your door knob and it should be good to go.

Thanks man, I've posted asking for help in multiple threads over a week ago and you're the first person to help me. The thing im worried about cleaning is the dirty tongue part and the scuffs on the front midsole. Will the whitening gel remove those scuffs. Or does it just remove yellowing?
As for your I's, you would probably have to pat them with a towel with some sort of solution. Scrubbing is an obvious no no.  Maybe oven top cleaner diluted with water? Since it seems like an aluminum foil type material, any dust or dirt shouldnt be absorbed in it so maybe just put a blow dryer on the lowest, coolest setting and try and blow it off?

The plus white whitening gel is help with the yellowed portion of the midsoles. I've used it one my 1's (oreo CDP) and it does help. If there are scuff marks, thats a whole different story. I'm sure you could find something on re-painting if it's that bad. And I'm probably going to not wash my 1's. It's just not worth the risk as it's not even that dirty as I thought it was.

The thing with you ones is that I can't even tell whats dirt and whats just a reflection
laugh.gif

I know that you can remove minor scuffs on patent leather with nail polish remover, but I've got a pretty bad scratch on a pair of kobe's I have. I tried to use nail polish remover and this is the only time it's failed. Is there something more potent I can use on the patent leather?

I got a pair of 2001 Black/Red XI and the back white/midsole is slightly separated from the patent leather. 

My questions is, what is the best glue out there to fix this problem? And where to purchase?

Thanks man.

I've never had to actually repair a pair of Jordans before so I rarely look into this thread, so I wouldn't know. lol

Can silica packets really help prevent yellowing on the pantent leather of the columbia xis? I have an original pair and I wouild like to keep the patent white. Thank you.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I bought the Shoe Goo from CVS and I tried it, but the phylon midsole refuses to stick to the patent leather.

Any solution?
I wouldn't have actually done that, if it's not too late, take it to a shoe repair shop.  
I had a friend to tried to use shoe goo on his pair, and it didn't work, what's worse, he got that stuff all over him and spot on the shoe 
laugh.gif

He ended up taking it to a shoe repair and they did a good job. 

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

no probs, now if only someone could help me with my patent leather scratches

Did you try painting over it? Angelus is a good paint to use.

Originally Posted by tevinbrad

Where and how much would going about it cost? And you think I should paint over the scratches or should I just cover the whole thing with another layer that's what she said?

Where and how much would going about it cost? And you think I should paint over the scratches or should I just cover the whole thing with another layer that's what she said?

You should be able to find it or something similar at any craft store. Usually depends with cost, but should be under 10.... And if the color matches good enough then just do the scratches so the color wont look to off on the whole shoe.

[table][tr][th=""]http://islandgirlshop.enstore.com/browse/2?sort=brand
[/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][th=""]Brand & Name
arrowdown.png
[/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]Description[/th][th=""]Price[/th][th=""] [/th][/tr][tr][td]SEA GLOW 2 Oz (Latest Formula)[/td][td] [/td][td]For protection against yellowing and deterioration of rubber/plastic sports shoes, upholstery. Enough for small restoration jobs too! [/td][td]
$6.99
[/td][td]
buy.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sea Glow 4 Oz LATEST FORMULA[/td][td] [/td][td]Uniquely prevents/removes yellowing of WHITE OR CLEAR Plastics. Special conditioner brightens colors, preventscolor fade. Removes & kills ... [/td][td]
$18.95
[/td][td]
buy.png
[/td][/tr][tr][td]SEA GLOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] 16 Oz (NEW FORMULA)[/td][td] [/td][td]Uniquely prevents/removes yellowing of WHITE OR CLEAR Plastics. Special conditioner brightens colors &prevents color fade. Removes & ... [/td][td]
$39.95
[/td][td]
buy.png
[/td][/tr][/table]

So basically, I want to try the seaglow thing for the 1st time.

I'm looking to apply it on two pairs (Concords and XI lows). What size bottle should I get and is there a difference between new and latest formula?

got a pair of fire red 5s im restoring and the toecap has a little chunk missing from euro-stepping pn a concrete court. what can i use to fill it in? any kind of liquid rubber out there?
EDIT: heres a pic
398125017.jpg

Is it possible to repair the nubuck on Nike CB 94, I just got some used v8) black/white-blue 02..looks like he tried to wash/dry w/o pillowcases. But any help is appreciated and does LIQUID leather work??? hah

I need help with my 05 10s they are yellowing on the midsole what shouldi use to clean or paint ovee them please pm me with any suggestions

Where can the Retrobright formule be found?

Does anyone know where I can get gold tipped flat jordan laces like the ones on the VII's?

Hit up a beauty supply and ask em for PK International creme develpor 40 volume, its the same thing restore my sneakers was trying to sell for 15 bucks, but only costs $2. Easier than buying retrobright, the peroxide itself for the retrobright cost $20.

Do you think an UV light will be as effective as the sun with Retrobright? I've heard that UV lighta work great with sea glow.

if you use a blacklight it works slowly, but you have to have it super close so the little heat it generates is hitting the soles. If you get one of those adjustable plant growing lights put it at around 73 degrees but dont put it too close to the soles

Back
Top Bottom