:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by Klock

Originally Posted by ccastro02
So it got it out but it changed the color of the leather. On which one? on the Cool greys? Did you use the exact oxi clean max force. Max force is stronger and would def get it out. I'm glad you got ur laces cleaned though
laugh.gif

The oxy clean I have is like Oxy Clean Stain remover or somethin like that
So the Max Force is the strongest or somethin?

Cuz I need these cool greys cleaned asap!!! Lmaoooooo

and I got the Cool Grey Brons fixed

Just not the Cool Grey jordans...I need these lace strap/holder things cleaned

Helppppppp

Originally Posted by airXIjordan

Anyone know how to treat yellowing on the midsole of the white/cement 3s? Thanks.
Sea glow and retro bright will work. Sea glow has a tutorial on their website.

YO OPTIMUSP517 I saw your retrobright video and had a couple questions -

1.) do you think the 2 zilla bulbs are required or is 1 enough?

2.) where did you get the fixture to put the lightbulbs in?

THX! Keep up the videos!

Originally Posted by jecca650

YO OPTIMUSP517 I saw your retrobright video and had a couple questions -

1.) do you think the 2 zilla bulbs are required or is 1 enough?

2.) where did you get the fixture to put the lightbulbs in?

THX! Keep up the videos!

1. Bulbs I'm using 2 zilla bulbs. 2 is better than one in this case due to more output.

2. Fixture was purchased at Lowes.

good stuff optimus thx for the response. I think i'm going to copy your setup because it seems effective and very convenient for multiple sessions.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

how can i get rid of/fix the yellowing on the tounge of the cdp 1's?

can anyone help me out? which one of these 2 problemsanyone know a way to get blue jean stains off the suede on blk/ shadow gray 1's?

is it possible to clean the material on the jordan 1 hares mine have become very brown and im wondering if it is possible to clean

I'm having trouble putting back the metallic V's. I am doing a sole swap project. There is spacing between the shoe and the midsole and I don't know what to do to fix it.

johnandrew, your shoes shrunk bro, too much heat when you were removing it is my guess... saw something about it posted by restore my kicks on youtube

i just copped a pair of black  99 v's aswell, anyone have an idea of what i could use to fix up the tongues? it seems some paint has worn away (as shown below) and was hoping there is some kind of paint i could use to fix it up
f6a3647a66b8bdf43bbad76298d1ba60fdf0b55a_r.jpg

anyone here used a steamer on the type of suede/nubuck the 99 black/met v's to remove toe creases??

anyway any help would be appreciated

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

I'm having trouble putting back the metallic V's. I am doing a sole swap project. There is spacing between the shoe and the midsole and I don't know what to do to fix it.

WOW! That's crazy bro! Are the soles and rest of the shoe from the same size sneaker? is the sole from the 2000 version aswell? or is it from the 2007/2011 version?

how can i get rid of/fix the yellowing on the tounge of the cdp 1's?

can anyone help me out? which one of these 2 problemsanyone know a way to get blue jean stains off the suede on blk/ shadow gray 1's?
One of the things i used on my cool grey iv's was just plain soap and water. It for the most part did the trick effectively w/o ruining the suede. I'm not sure if the material is much different.

Can anyone assist me on which type of "Barkeepers friend" is best for OG Concord XI's?? Just copped a pair and they are a little dingy. Or will a certain oxyclean work? Open to suggestions...Thanks!

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Can anyone assist me on which type of "Barkeepers friend" is best for OG Concord XI's?? Just copped a pair and they are a little dingy. Or will a certain oxyclean work? Open to suggestions...Thanks!

Stay away from bkf. use rit, color safe bleach, and soap to whiten the mesh. I went over the steps i used a couple pages back. Check it it. and check out my results.

johnandrew07- from looking at the pics of your sole swap i think you might of used a newer midsole from the 07 metallic v's. if that is the case your going to run into the trouble of the sizing. a lot of newer retro's have sizes that don't equal out to older retro's, especially the 99's to 01's. you should of measured out the soles to compare before you did this task. i had to use a size 12 flight '89 midsole for a sole swap on my '99 white/cement iv's. the only thing i can think of for your situation is to start all over again. you might end up chipping some of the durabuck in the process but it's gonna be the only way so you don't have that gap issue.

Actually, the 99's did shrink but I used a shoe stretcher and it went back to the original length. I'm already in the process of glueing back the shoes and it's fitting. My only concern is the excess glue from the old midsole is showing a tad bit. But it's coming out nicely.

I used the 07' retro bottom/mid sole for the sole swap.

Also, i think the V's are supposed to look smaller when the glue is melted away. I used a method without a heat gun to remove the soles and the toebox doesn't reach the midsole all the way.

Question for those who have done it...whitening the pods on 13's and midsoles on a pair of af1's. Does the Plus White toothpaste work as well as retrobrite ? I'd rather avoid mixing up a batch if I don't have to. Thanks in advance.

Do you guys have any methods of getting rid of creases on the sides of Jordan 9's; 12's-14's around the 1st- 3rd lace hole? If you have these shoes and wear them you know exactly what crease I'm talking about
ohwell.gif
. I was thinking about removing the laces, stuffing the shoe, covering with a cloth, and ironing the crease out. Suede might hold up but idk about leather shoes. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas. Email me Shmack07@gmail.com

@snkrhd75- retr0brite workes best
@quinten13- the sneaker shields/wearable shoetrees are the best way to help prevent them. as for removing them you said it yourself

So I finally got a chance to start retrobrighting, but my only problem is my sauce isn't drying up and the shoes have been in the sun for 2 hours w/ saran wrap. Anyone know what my issue could be?

here's my mixture-
1/2 cup of hp
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1.5 tablespoon of oxyclean

Back
Top Bottom