:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

Originally Posted by yk12

Guys! whats the best way to clean up the leather or actually whiten the leather on my 12s? also whats the best way to clean the cloth around the tounge?? any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

easiest way would be to soak both shoes (the entire shoe) in oxiclean and then put them through a gentle cycle in the washer after putting them in a pillow case and then let them air dry, if you are looking to whiten them do the same thing but go get RIT whitener/brightner and mix it with the oxiclean when you soak them. i know people are afraid of the washer but its actually really safe just make sure they dont have anything that can get snagged in the washer, thats why i recommend the pillow case. good luck!
Ok I am a little reluctant to use the washer.  I have like slight separation on the side of the shoe.  But im going to try the RIT thanks!

Hey wuts up NT.i need help.does anybody know of ANY cleaning method of solution that can re-whiten the plastic tab back to factory white on the side of my playoff 8s?

Guys! whats the best way to clean up the leather or actually whiten the leather on my 12s? also whats the best way to clean the cloth around the tounge?? any help is GREATLY appreciated! 

easiest way would be to soak both shoes (the entire shoe) in oxiclean and then put them through a gentle cycle in the washer after putting them in a pillow case and then let them air dry, if you are looking to whiten them do the same thing but go get RIT whitener/brightner and mix it with the oxiclean when you soak them. i know people are afraid of the washer but its actually really safe just make sure they dont have anything that can get snagged in the washer, thats why i recommend the pillow case. good luck!
Ok I am a little reluctant to use the washer.  I have like slight separation on the side of the shoe.  But im going to try the RIT thanks!

i was too but i threw some concords in there and they had minor seperation on the soles but it didnt make them any worse plus it cleaned them up nicely

i was too but i threw some concords in there and they had minor seperation on the soles but it didnt make them any worse plus it cleaned them up nicely
aight im defnitely gonna try it lol. got nothin to lose really!

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

Just got a pair of Flint 13s from a smoker and they smell like cigs. Any safe and effective way to get rid of the smell w/o harming the shoe? The sofsole spray stuff doesn't work too well for me....

spray with deodorizer and wash in the washer in a pillow case that is tied up so the cant get caught on anything, and do it on the gentle cycle and dont i repeat dont dry them in the drier!
Washer?!? Fo real?? How do i dry them?  

Saw this guy on iss have success so I decided to restore my j3 piss yellow heeltabs , looks dead stock now and natural , not tacky
Like angelus paint on heel tabs.

1st step , use painters tape to tape up back of shoe , cut around air and jump man
Than spray a light coat from 7 to 10 inches away, dries in sun after 10 min and then apply another coat

Untitled by southwesthouston, on Flickr

Now spray clear coat like 1 or two coats so you get rid of gloss for a factory look

Finished product !

Looks DS and factory , non glossy Icey white

what's the best way to slow down the yellowing of the clear bottoms of foams and aj 11's? what i'm currently doing is avoiding stepping in dirt/grass/water to avoid oxidation. however, what about when it's time to clean the soles and put them in the box?

so far when i clean the soles, i just take out any small rocks and brush away dirt. I haven't been using water/soap/shoe cleaner on the bottom because i thought you weren't supposed to expose the bottoms to water (or else they'll yellow quicker). is this a correct assumption? Or should i clean them with soap and water or shoe cleaner after wears?

Thanks!

water has more to do with oxidation i nmetals, as far as rubber as long as you clean them after each wear, soap water or sneaker cleaner, you will delay yellowing significantly and when they yellow retrobrite is the fastest and best way to bring them back

I ordered some seaglow from island girl on the 12th and I haven't
Gotten my seaglow yet anyone know how long they take to ship

water has more to do with oxidation i nmetals, as far as rubber as long as you clean them after each wear, soap water or sneaker cleaner, you will delay yellowing significantly and when they yellow retrobrite is the fastest and best way to bring them back
According to this article, clear soles shouldn't be exposed to water at all:
http://www.kicksonfire.com/2009/12/25/prevent-your-icy-sole-from-yellowing/

I was assuming this applied for cleaning the shoe as well...if you use water when cleaning the bottoms, it would yellow quicker according to the article, right?

Originally Posted by swetooth9

According to this article, clear soles shouldn't be exposed to water at all:
http://www.kicksonfire.com/2009/12/25/prevent-your-icy-sole-from-yellowing/

I was assuming this applied for cleaning the shoe as well...if you use water when cleaning the bottoms, it would yellow quicker according to the article, right?

i think that water will cause them to yellow faster if you dont allow them to dry before putting them back in the box, what i do is clean them then dry them with a towel and try to get into every crevice with the towel and then i also let them sit outside the box for a few hours before i store them away and they dont yellow fast at all, even my 2010 CGs arent very yellow because of this. oh and i dont use water to clean mine i use regular shoe cleaner in an aerosole can maybe thats why but either way just let them dry before putting them back in the box and im pretty sure they wont yellow as fast.

Ok, so I just bought a pair of 99 White Cement 4's. The Upper is pretty Flawless, only needs a cleaning, but I am worried about the midsole. I knew going in to it that there would be a chance it would be crumbling and my worst fear was true. However the only place it appears to be crumbling is in the Inside half of the right shoe.

The Cracking, Inside Right Shoe

Up Close, I don't know how much you can see it, but it basically looks like two layers of bread with a slight space between them

Right Air Bubble, I think some air eluded, the shape looks off and it is fogged up.

Left Air Bubble, Same Thing

Overall, the shoe at this point is not wearable, especially if air left the air bubble
frown.gif
. I might try to fill it the crack/crumble with something(Silicon?),since it is only one part of the shoe, until i can find a donor pair. Some shoes that i am looking at for a possible donor are flight 89's, dub zeros , air flight classics, and flight falcons. Anything else have aj4 midsole? Which one fits the best? Also if any one has done a midsole swap can you point out a good guide? the only one i have looked at is http://www.restoremysneak...on-projects/midsole-swap and .

Thanks

I have been using these Guccis for a few years and they have turned into beater unfortunately
eyes.gif
 I know this is JB but surely some of you must have a few pairs of guccis
grin.gif

Anybody know how to at least take the marks off and even whiten it up
nerd.gif
 Btw, tries Mr. Clean Magic eraser already with no luck

35iok11.jpg

ettnir.jpg

2s83bll.jpg

fjmb03.jpg

retrobrite, man i preach for that stuff its absolutely amazing and will clean/whiten up those things for you no problem

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by charmcityprince

I ordered some seaglow from island girl on the 12th and I haven't
Gotten my seaglow yet anyone know how long they take to ship.
Should be coming in soon. It took two weeks for me.

i made the mistake of ordering sea glow as well, i got the big bottle, $60. and now all i use is retrobrite lol lesson learned i guess. retrobrite is so much cheaper and has none of the worries like seaglow, if it gets anywhere on the shoe it just washes off easily without any harm to the shoe

tried the washer machine technique with oxiclean...no luck! starting to give up on my 12s 
30t6p3b.gif

tried the washer machine technique with oxiclean...no luck! starting to give up on my 12s 
30t6p3b.gif

did you scrub them with a toothbrush with a shoe cleaner or soap and water yet?

Working with retrobrite has been an experience. Living in a city setting in an apartment makes it a little hard to set my Space Jams outside to bake so I had to come up with other options. I started off working on my jams and green bean v's.

-Unless you have a powerful lamp/bulb setup, indoor retrobrite doesnt have the best results
-I found best results by seran wrapping sneakers and placing in sunlight by closed window.
-BE CAREFUL with older shoes youre working on. I am experiencing separation in a few spots. I let my sessions last a little too long and heat+chemicals did their work. Also, try to tape off sections where separation might be prone to happening (XI CF/Sole Area).
-USE GLOVES

I first tried using 3% peroxide, oxiclean, and corn starch in a gradual mixing process. This worked a little and I saw some progress but I could tell the peroxide wasnt strong enough. I couldnt find anything stronger in my town so I looked for subsitute...

After watching this video

I bought
7699-big.jpg

and mixed it with corn starch. Thats it. It worked better than the peroxide and oxiclean by far.
I highly suggest you dont mix oxi clean with this and if you do be light. Oxiclean expands when added with this chemical and causes a huge mess to clean.

My pics arent great. I get caught up and forget to take many. Plus I use an ol iphone 3g so they aint the best.
Before: All shoes Im gonna work on in a lineup. Jams in the left corner.

After one session with the new 40 volume hair treatment

Second Session

And I did one more but its about as icy as they can get. Shoes have been worn so the soles can only take so much.

Green Beans
After 1 session with new mixture

After 2nd session

No cliffs because if you do this stuff you should read before you attempt.

^that creme is thick so you dont need to use the corn starch, that just dries it faster and makes it easier to apply for the people using actual peroxide and oxi

pimp.gif
nice job sir! Yeah I too started to give up on my white/black 11's as I think it won't get icier than where it's at. plus the soles are off

nerd.gif
kinda don't want to order online for barge infinity cement, anyone know any local spots in socal ?

The sole on one of my OG black-red XI's started to come off. It separated in the middle of the shoe where the carbon fiber is shown. Basically the whole sole in the middle portion of the shoe is off all the way thru. My question is... Do I just try and re glue only the middle part that is off of the shoe? Or just go ahead and see if I can take the sole off completely and re glue? And what glue is best for this? I have some shoe goo and gorilla glue but I keep hearing barge cement works real good. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom