:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How many hours of retrobrite would it take to restore the grey tone on the '01 cool grey XI? Is it even possible?

Bought a pair of Answer 1 DMX Blue Patent. Everything looks great but the eyelets. The deteriorated leather bled on the old laces and left some blue marks on the mesh tongue. What should I do to try to prevent the blue leather from bleeding and cracking ???

Last edited:
I recently bought a 9/10 condition'd Raptor 7s but the bottom was already dirty (Pic below) but I wore em yesterday and made them worse so I used the save-money method by spray foam bathroom cleaner on a scrub brush and scrubbed the bottom and wiped it wit a towel. The results were pretty decent but I dont want to rely on this method. I want to clean it with an actual shoe cleaner for the bottom. The results will better Im assuming. Also, I need a recommendation on a cleaner for the nubuck. Thanks!

(Before, When I bought them)

(After, save-money method)

I
I originally meant to ask what's the best shoe cleaner out there for bottoms and best cleaner for nubuck

Nubuck- Grab the suede/nubuck cleaners from your local FTL,FNL, Champs etc. or If you wanna go fancy with it, hit the shoe with that Jason Markk. :lol:

Bottoms- (OG method) Toothbrush or any kind of brush, water in a plastic cup, laundry soap.

Actually you can clean clear soles with water and soap just like every other sole. As long as you dry them.

Fire Red 3's 2007 Full Restoration: I repainted the midsole and cleaned a bit of the splattered paint on the leather upper. 

god damn, I wish i had got a result like this, looks straight like it was factory from the start.

I see you mentioned you mixed the fire red instead of using it straight from the bottle, did you use white to lighten it?

and care to share how you got the matte finish?

god damn, I wish i had got a result like this, looks straight like it was factory from the start.

I see you mentioned you mixed the fire red instead of using it straight from the bottle, did you use white to lighten it?

and care to share how you got the matte finish?
I did use white and Rio Red.

For the matte look, I used Angelus Duller. I added it in the paint before I started applying.

Whats up everybody, I'm looking to buy some angelus paints for some midsole touch ups off of the turtle paints website. I remember reading somewhere that i need to get a paint duller or maybe something else as well to mix the right colors. Also which color matches Jb's fire red and cement grey the best? Im thinking black, white, red, grey and maybe 1 or 2 other colors for a basic starter kit. Thanks in advance.

I did use white and Rio Red.

For the matte look, I used Angelus Duller. I added it in the paint before I started applying.

As I was typing you answered part of my question already. Thanks man, nice paint job.

Sidenote: Good call with the rio red, especially since there is a fire red option to choose from.

Last edited:
Actually you can clean clear soles with water and soap just like every other sole. As long as you dry them.

It'll still yellow my friend. Any type of contact with water on clear translucent soles whether you wipe it down is still gonna cause yellowing. :x

It'll still yellow my friend. Any type of contact with water on clear translucent soles whether you wipe it down is still gonna cause yellowing. :x

Not the case.

Clear soles will yellow when in contact with water for an extended period of time. I.E. standing in the rain. You have to get to your destination, and after that you let them air dry while you do whatever you do.

But, if you're cleaning them with soap and water and you wipe it off and it is dried, then you're soles will be fine.

Couldn't find barge cement at Home Depot. Any place to order it online?

I tried using another "cement" type adhesive but it didn't work. How do you keep the detached toe sole area attached to the shoe when drying? I was holding it but got old real fast. The sole kept wanting to come apart from the rest of the shoe.

Tried to find barge cement again yesterday with no luck. Has anyone used epoxy?

Also, how do you keep the sole together with the toe of the midsole so that they can dry to together properly?

It'll still yellow my friend. Any type of contact with water on clear translucent soles whether you wipe it down is still gonna cause yellowing.
sick.gif
Really? I just picked up the Fire Red 5's and was curious about how I should clean the soles. Is there any specific method without using water or should I just damp it a little then dry my soles of with a paper towel?

yeah I mixed fire red, rio red, and white together.

Ok seems like a dumb question but im trying to figure out how much paint to buy. Between trial and error and just to have enough, im thinking about buying pints. But im thinking they might dry up and be a waste so maybe im better off with the 4 oz. Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom