:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does lincoln ez cleaner restore the suede or does it only clean it? And is baby oil my only solution to bringing the suede back to its darker color?

:smh: you do realize that's their original intent right? They're sneakers

Some of us don't like creasing our sneakers get over it. By your argument...I mean...why even clean them at all? They're just shoes right? FOH with that. I say forget wearing them to school. Wear something else. Wait till you get your sneaker shields it will be worth it. Force fields don't really work that well. And creases in patent leather show really badly. And they are hard to remove. Just wait FAM.

I'm looking to buy some angelus paint from turtle feathers. I have some black cement 3s that are cracking, but since im buying I figure I'll buy for the true blues also. My question is, which colors on the turtlefeathers website match the jordan grey, red, and blue? Also, do you use the duller to make a more matte finish?

Any of you guys familiar with the indoor setup for retrobrite and clearing up soles. Plan on trying to clear up my space jams over spring break and wondering what light bulbs to use. I've searched several different sources and basically came up with these 3 types to use:

1)UV-A

2)UV-B

3)6100k 

Any pros and cons with these? Best one to use?
Stop the arguing before you get this thread locked.

Anyone know the answer to my question?

I'm looking to buy some angelus paint from turtle feathers. I have some black cement 3s that are cracking, but since im buying I figure I'll buy for the true blues also. My question is, which colors on the turtlefeathers website match the jordan grey, red, and blue? Also, do you use the duller to make a more matte finish?

You have to mix them, nothing matches exactly.

True Blue= blue paint base + TWO DROPS WHITE + ONE DROP BLACK

If you can get it in front of you, you still might have to tweak it. But that's a good start.

:smh: creases are natural it doesnt take away aesthetically from the shoe, you cant even see it when standing. Trust me, you not enjoying the $200 shoes if you constantly so worried about them. Adds unnecessary stress.

PLEASE someone help me out! I'm planning on sea-glowing for the first time, and based on how it goes, I'll know if I should continue to do it. I'm trying to decide if I should order the 4 ounce or 2 ounce. I know since it's the first time I should probably go with the smaller ounce, but I don't want to keep going and buying sea glow. I was just curious on which exactly I should go with? And sea-glow should be good right? I was planning on testing a little out on a smaller part of an icy sole, on some beater shoes just to see. THEN trying it fully on my raging bull 5's. They are pretty yellow but not "piss" yellow. So any thoughts on how I should go about this would be great. Thanks in advance.
Anyone?
embarassed.gif

know this isnt really about maintenance on j's but my chicago ones fit too tight , they cause a lot of pain around the pinky toe . Anyway to avoid this or fix the problem . Tried relacing but still hurt after like 30 minutes . 
bump                    .

know this isnt really about maintenance on j's but my chicago ones fit too tight , they cause a lot of pain around the pinky toe . Anyway to avoid this or fix the problem . Tried relacing but still hurt after like 30 minutes . 
you can remove the insole, wait and hope they break in the way you want, or size swap for a bigger size. 

Probably asked already, but it's 2 AM, and I'm tired of looking -__-

Best way to store 3's?

Too many people arguing and I don't know who to listen to..

most agree on in the closet with damprid/cool/room temperature in a box of some sort...

In box with paper at that bottom

In box no paper

In plastic box

W/ silica packets (I really do think silica packets will dry the pair out.. or else why wouldn't nike just toss a couple bags in there for storage, even for the 11's... I mean nike might be cheap who knows)

In ziploc

In saran wrap...

what's the best proven method?! Someone enlighten me lol. Again, I apologize for not looking through this thread for an answer..

Probably asked already, but it's 2 AM, and I'm tired of looking -__-

Best way to store 3's?

Too many people arguing and I don't know who to listen to..

most agree on in the closet with damprid/cool/room temperature in a box of some sort...

In box with paper at that bottom
In box no paper
In plastic box
W/ silica packets (I really do think silica packets will dry the pair out.. or else why wouldn't nike just toss a couple bags in there for storage, even for the 11's... I mean nike might be cheap who knows)
In ziploc
In saran wrap...

what's the best proven method?! Someone enlighten me lol. Again, I apologize for not looking through this thread for an answer..

Using Saran Wrap will dry out the leather of your shoes and cause them to crumble.

Ziplock bags are the same.

If you want them to be the best they can be use a plastic box, and about once a month take them out to breath for about 24 hours. Just let them sit out on the counter then put them back in

If you have a shoe repair store near you they can stretch them for you or you can buy the shoe stretcher yourself off amazon. I posted a picture of it a few pages back. It's cheaper to let the shoe repair do it if it's a 1 time thing, but if you have a wide foot and it happens in other shoes it's a good investment. 

If you have a shoe repair store near you they can stretch them for you or you can buy the shoe stretcher yourself off amazon. I posted a picture of it a few pages back. It's cheaper to let the shoe repair do it if it's a 1 time thing, but if you have a wide foot and it happens in other shoes it's a good investment. 
alright , in your experience it works ?

Hey whats up guys. I need some advice and help and was wondering if you could help me. I bought some jordan 7 citrus and I started cleaning tthem with Roma Laundry Detergent. I started scrubbing with the toothbrush and I think this guy used some sort of paint or the soap because I did put alot of soap in a little half cut plastic water bottle. I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice.

alright , in your experience it works ?
I actually bought one myself. It works for me. They also have a shoe genie made by as seen on TV that others have said they use. I like the one that I purchase as it has a screw type mechanism to adjust the width whereas the shoe genie works by a spring mechanism.

wait so what do you do to your 3's? Please clarify thanks! lol

no silica packets, no ziploc bags and plastic box/breathe.. No paper either correct?

Last edited:
wait so what do you do to your 3's? Please clarify thanks! lol

no silica packets, no ziploc bags and plastic box/breathe.. No paper either correct?

Depends on where you live, but you can basically store them as is. No need to fear tissue paper. You can have the tissue paper. My only suggestion is to store it in a cool dark closet. Just make sure the closet doesn't get warm and humid on a regular basis.

How to whiten the stiching on the AF1? and how to clean the tounge of the air force ones if a brown dirt stain does not want to come off.

Back
Top Bottom