:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

SALUTE TO JOHNANDREW13 & SIR CHARLES FOR HELPING ME REMOVE A BAD GLUE STAIN FROM KD IV ROGUES :nthat:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

SUEDE/NUBUCK KIT WORKED PERFECT, THE ERASER DID THE TRICK ... MIGHT unDS THEM THIS WEEKEND :smokin

Can anyone please help me with this? I have e6000 glue but I have no idea how to hold the toebox overnight for the glue to set. Any suggestions?

im trying to mix some glow in the dark powder to the acrylic angelus paint (neutrual) when i mix its (shake/stir for a long time) and when i applied it on the shoes it looks funny? like some part is chunky and it dont look smooth.... do anyone know why its not smooth when i applied it on? do i need to stir/shake longer? any info will help thanks.

im trying to mix some glow in the dark powder to the acrylic angelus paint (neutrual) when i mix its (shake/stir for a long time) and when i applied it on the shoes it looks funny? like some part is chunky and it dont look smooth.... do anyone know why its not smooth when i applied it on? do i need to stir/shake longer? any info will help thanks.

More paint, more stirring. The clumps sound like powder.

Or use less powder.

I scored some 17.5% hydrogen peroxide.  Anyone ever used HP that is that strong before for mixing up a batch of retrobrite?  Should I dilute it a little, or will the fact that it is so strong make for faster results?
where did you get yours and how much was it?
I bought it off eBay, it was 15 and change with shipping for 500 MLs, figured two batches of retrobrite.  Ive never worked with that high of a concentration of HP, I don't know what itll do, I have several projects I want to start, pairs of Space Jams, Carmines, Columbias, Midnight 6s

Last edited:
Can anyone please help me with this? I have e6000 glue but I have no idea how to hold the toebox overnight for the glue to set. Any suggestions?
blue painters tape, apply a small amount of your choice sneaker cement with a brush, apply pressure between the glue and the shoe, and then proceed to tape, long about half n inch wide pieces of blue painters tape to keep pressure on the toe, thats how I was shown, anyone have better ways, please share....

I have the exact same problem with my toe cap on my right shoe of my 2001 black/red XI's. I used barge cement and held it for a while, and while it worked ok, I would like to try it again with less glue and a better clamping method of some kind. I ended up getting some glue on the patent leather and I feel like the job could have been done better if I held them together longer

I have the exact same problem with my toe cap on my right shoe of my 2001 black/red XI's. I used barge cement and held it for a while, and while it worked ok, I would like to try it again with less glue and a better clamping method of some kind. I ended up getting some glue on the patent leather and I feel like the job could have been done better if I held them together longer
i stuffed my XIs with socks then god some clamps and clamped the toe on the toe and the other end inside the shoes (take the laces out) and also hair elastics will work but get creative with stuff around the house.

Back on the topic of yellow sole prevention. Ive been using my armorall method for a while now, a little over a month i would guess. While it seems to be working, it hasn't been long enough for me to really tell if it's preventing the soles from turning yellow. They just seem to keep clean easier. I saw someone on you tube say that they sea glow their soles that are clear or icy before they ever wear them. They pull the DS shoes out of the box, apply sea glow, let it cure, then throw them back in the box. What are all of your opinions on this? Sounds like it might have some merit.

ok so im using the oxy/40 vol creme method try to remove sole yellowing

ill do my best to describe how much i used since i didnt measure

about 1/3 of a red solo cup of 40 vol creme

full scoop of oxy clean

am i using to much oxy? everywhere online says a pinch i left the unused mixture this morning after putting shoes in the sun and came back to an explosion(think bad school volcano project)the solution tripled in size. any help would be appreciated

ok so im using the oxy/40 vol creme method try to remove sole yellowing
ill do my best to describe how much i used since i didnt measure

about 1/3 of a red solo cup of 40 vol creme
full scoop of oxy clean

am i using to much oxy? everywhere online says a pinch i left the unused mixture this morning after putting shoes in the sun and came back to an explosion(think bad school volcano project)the solution tripled in size. any help would be appreciated

Yeah, that's what happens. I've tried both methods (pinch and scoop), but I noticed more results using the full scoop.

Hey dude watched ur video bout the armor all it saves money if u jus buy the bottle spray it on the sole and use a toothbrush to work it around I saw the dudes video on YouTube also he updated now he's using the spray bottle search he's channel it's Tom Lawrence

The following pics are of the mid sole of my og 11s. Idfk what happened in the second picture but i wanna fix it if possible. Are there any materials i can buy to fix the midsole of am i gonna have to just angelus paint over it as is?

I  know it's been touched on before, but I just want to confirm:  For the white flip 3s, is the best methods to clean the elephant print dishsoap/water and toothbrush or cleaner from FNL/FL?

youll need to swap the midsole
The following pics are of the mid sole of my og 11s. Idfk what happened in the second picture but i wanna fix it if possible. Are there any materials i can buy to fix the midsole of am i gonna have to just angelus paint over it as is?

Air Jordan 1995 Concord 11's Restoration: I did a MAJOR make over for this particular pair. As you can clearly see, the icy sole was no longer icy and the mesh has been yellowed. ** I whitened the upper mesh and laces, deep cleaned the insoles and sock liner, unyellowed the bottom soles, reglued the soles back to the midsoles, reshined the patent leather, and redyed the jumpman black

anyone heard of a company called solesaver, they make translucent adhesive stickers i guess that go over the bottoms of your 11s, or any shoe that protect it from the elements, yellowing is halted for the most part. 

^Always great work johnandrew13.

Deep cleaned, cleaned & whitened laces, defuzzed, repainted white on midsole, deoxidized rubber, decreased.

Back
Top Bottom