:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The dye in the shoe may be fading out. Or it's just dirty.

Try cleaning it with a toothbrush dishsoap and water, if the bubbles turn black then you're going to have to look into getting some suede dye. If not , then they were just dusty
What type of suede dye should I use? I tried cleaning it like this and noticed the toothbrush turned a little black so the suede is fading thanks

Can this area be painted..... If so which paint? and do I have to paint the whole shoe?

Last edited:
Angelus paint^^^
The dye in the shoe may be fading out. Or it's just dirty.

Try cleaning it with a toothbrush dishsoap and water, if the bubbles turn black then you're going to have to look into getting some suede dye. If not , then they were just dusty
What type of suede dye should I use? I tried cleaning it like this and noticed the toothbrush turned a little black so the suede is fading thanks
Angelus Suede Dye should do

Hey man so how did the whitening on the patent leather go? does it work? does it ruin the shine on the patina?

Hey man so how did the whitening on the patent leather go? does it work? does it ruin the shine on the patina?

You can't really whiten patent leather. You could paint it, but that would take away the shine, you would have to look into glossy angelus paints

my lousy cheap *** jeans bled on the top of my cool grey xi s.anyone with info on how to clean those?sorry but i couldnt read all pages,if answer too long please refer me to the page given...thanks.

^ :wow: what did you use? I've heard it was really hard to whiten patent?

@sircharles post some more pics of youre black military 4's... i feel like your post in wdywt didnt do it justice

Will do when I clear up all the mistakes :lol:

This is what they look like as of now, I have to get the edges done. And fix the netting

Last edited:
That first post on this thread is a lifesaver for all the Js in my collection and most of the materials have become go to cleaners with other kicks. BUT! With all these retros getting a new treatment on the material... does anyone know if there is any difference in the previous XI releases compared to the Breds, Concords and SpaceJams from the past few years? What are the best materials to use on the new reissues of this model?

any tips on cleaning the sockliners of WC3's?

I'd like to know this also.

My second question is about a pair of royal 1's I have, there's a drop of excess glue on the toe box that I'd like to remove with damaging the leather. Any tips would be appreciated.

My second question is about a pair of royal 1's I have, there's a drop of excess glue on the toe box that I'd like to remove with damaging the leather. Any tips would be appreciated.
Pics might help determine how severe the glue drop is. 

Can anyone help me with jean stains? I've looked through the topic but I couldn't see anything(on the first page)

I've got jean stains on my white red 5's and he got game 13s, the stains are on the material, not on leather.top of the tongue/top eye/top of the collar of the shoe.

and can anyone suggest any good brands of jeans to prevent this from happening? I'm ready to burn these m.f's

Pics might help determine how severe the glue drop is. 
Not that severe but already made mistake number 1, tried to used some rubbing alcohol on it. That was before I knew how much that was a bad idea for leather.

yall are nuts about these things, seriously i bet nobody can see them unless the shoe is less than 5 feet from their face, just rock them and love them or sell them cuz the more work u put into them the more likely u are to mess them up worse, then you will wish it was just a glue spot.

Can anyone help me with jean stains? I've looked through the topic but I couldn't see anything(on the first page)

I've got jean stains on my white red 5's and he got game 13s, the stains are on the material, not on leather.top of the tongue/top eye/top of the collar of the shoe.

and can anyone suggest any good brands of jeans to prevent this from happening? I'm ready to burn these m.f's
Usually i think this happens with any new pair of jeans and to avoid is by washing them, but I'd reccomend the magic eraser it should have your back

yall are nuts about these things, seriously i bet nobody can see them unless the shoe is less than 5 feet from their face, just rock them and love them or sell them cuz the more work u put into them the more likely u are to mess them up worse, then you will wish it was just a glue spot.

exactly what I was thinking. They're probably trying to resell the shoes if they're worried about a 1mm x 1mm scratch or paint discoloration.

The unyellowing of the patent leather technique I haven't decided to release yet because it's something I came up with and haven't seen anyone do yet...

Back
Top Bottom