:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Alright so I was re-painted the midsole of my Spizikes and I didn't like how it looked so I tried to take the paint off with acetone and this what happened.

This is how it looked like when I tried to take the paint off

This is how it looked when I tried acetone some more and tried to repaint over that red

Here's a closeup. You can still kind of see the red and I accidently got the acetone/paint mix on the upper smh.

Is there anyway to strip off the paint and the bleeding completely? And how can I remove that acetone/paint mix on the upper?

When the tongue becomes very damp it has a tendency to look dark and faded. You have to let the shoe dry over night in order to see results

Was whiting these. So close to getting them to that final white. Then as I was putting through one more scrub with Jason markk, this happened.

mean.gif

Any tips fam? Have no idea how this all of a sudden happens. Didn't do anything special. Just looks like black bled onto the white.
When the tongue becomes very damp it has a tendency to look dark and faded. You have to let the shoe dry over night in order to see results

^he had done multiple sessions and this last one did it, im thinking he just took some of the dye off of the material. im not sure if it is saveable but the Rit dye whitener/brightner might help

OK, I want to bring up something that has been bothering me for a little while, I have many projects for sole clearing Jordan VI's, Jordan XI's, Jordan V's, Bron IX's, Kobe VII's.  It has come to my attention there are ways to basically bring back DS soles through sole clearing, I've seen people on IG trying to sell their own recipe and sell their services.  I don't want to deal with that.  I have multiple UV-ray black lights set up and I have 17.5% hydo peroxide. What I am getting at is, does anyone have any experience using high percentage hydo peroxide and does anyone know what the best recipe for the "sauce" is?  If you don't mind sharing that would be great, I have too many pairs that need clearing to have to pay X amount of dollars per pair to get them cleared.  I've done this process once before with 3% hydo peroxide, little to no results, I learned I needed a higher concentration of peroxide. Any help would be great, I've been waiting for school to end for me before taking on this task but I figured I'd ask this thread first.  

^he had done multiple sessions and this last one did it, im thinking he just took some of the dye off of the material. im not sure if it is saveable but the Rit dye whitener/brightner might help

Yes. multiple sessions. Usually just using a rit whitener. Then I noticed my results got a lot better using Jason markk and then rit whitener. I got a few more ideas ill try out. Hopefully the rit works. Thing is with rit I've learned that if not careful, it can actually stain your shoe (talking about liquid form)

OK, I want to bring up something that has been bothering me for a little while, I have many projects for sole clearing Jordan VI's, Jordan XI's, Jordan V's, Bron IX's, Kobe VII's.  It has come to my attention there are ways to basically bring back DS soles through sole clearing, I've seen people on IG trying to sell their own recipe and sell their services.  I don't want to deal with that.  I have multiple UV-ray black lights set up and I have 17.5% hydo peroxide. What I am getting at is, does anyone have any experience using high percentage hydo peroxide and does anyone know what the best recipe for the "sauce" is?  If you don't mind sharing that would be great, I have too many pairs that need clearing to have to pay X amount of dollars per pair to get them cleared.  I've done this process once before with 3% hydo peroxide, little to no results, I learned I needed a higher concentration of peroxide. Any help would be great, I've been waiting for school to end for me before taking on this task but I figured I'd ask this thread first.  
get your high percentage peroxide (hair volume 40 creme from sallys etc) and nuke it in the microwave for about 15 seconds until its warm (not hot) and then add Oxyclean (amount depends on amount of peroxide ur using) and also use some corn startch so it makes a paste so it stays longer on the soles. then apply to the soles and put some sarran wrap on the soles to keep it there while it cooks under the lamps. i can help more if you like. btw i have zero indoor experience but have plenty of outdoor experience which should be about the same as long as your UV spectrum is good.

Yes. multiple sessions. Usually just using a rit whitener. Then I noticed my results got a lot better using Jason markk and then rit whitener. I got a few more ideas ill try out. Hopefully the rit works. Thing is with rit I've learned that if not careful, it can actually stain your shoe (talking about liquid form)
same with any cleaner, i learned that the hard way on a pair of 01 concords lol used barkeepers friend and didnt rinse it well enough and burned the mesh pretty bad, oh well life goes on its al la learning curve, you have to mess up to get good which is why i dont understand why people are so afraid to try stuff on their own

Has ne1 noticed their sole of their playoff 12 release 0*****/12 to be a hella dirt magnet...no matter how much I tried, never got them pure white...so I tried using the suede/nubuck eraser...perfect back to lite brite white!!

Last edited:
same with any cleaner, i learned that the hard way on a pair of 01 concords lol used barkeepers friend and didnt rinse it well enough and burned the mesh pretty bad, oh well life goes on its al la learning curve, you have to mess up to get good which is why i dont understand why people are so afraid to try stuff on their own

Lol for sure fam. Completely agreed Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it and learned something. Repped

get your high percentage peroxide (hair volume 40 creme from sallys etc) and nuke it in the microwave for about 15 seconds until its warm (not hot) and then add Oxyclean (amount depends on amount of peroxide ur using) and also use some corn startch so it makes a paste so it stays longer on the soles. then apply to the soles and put some sarran wrap on the soles to keep it there while it cooks under the lamps. i can help more if you like. btw i have zero indoor experience but have plenty of outdoor experience which should be about the same as long as your UV spectrum is good.
I usually make my amount based on 250mls of peroxide.  I also use xanthum gum and vegetable glycerin as thickeners, then I dissolve the oxyclean in a small amount of very hot water, then add to the peroxide mixture to start the chemical process. I did 10-12 hour sessions last time and made sure to position the lights so that the shoes didn't get overly hot. Why do u heat up the peroxide with the hair volume creme?

I usually make my amount based on 250mls of peroxide.  I also use xanthum gum and vegetable glycerin as thickeners, then I dissolve the oxyclean in a small amount of very hot water, then add to the peroxide mixture to start the chemical process. I did 10-12 hour sessions last time and made sure to position the lights so that the shoes didn't get overly hot. Why do u heat up the peroxide with the hair volume creme?
so it easily dissolves into the peroxide, although i read that oxyclean and water pretty much makes peroxide so i dont know how essential the oxyclean is to the sauce, has anyone done any experimenting with this? if not when i get my indoor setup i will try it myself to see.

so it easily dissolves into the peroxide, although i read that oxyclean and water pretty much makes peroxide so i dont know how essential the oxyclean is to the sauce, has anyone done any experimenting with this? if not when i get my indoor setup i will try it myself to see.
There is a large gap between this threads results and the results Ive seen on social media networks.  Im talking complete sole clearing. Im talking that blue tint back, it looks brand new.  Idk what else to use, I feel the more toxic the sauce is the better.

There is a large gap between this threads results and the results Ive seen on social media networks.  Im talking complete sole clearing. Im talking that blue tint back, it looks brand new.  Idk what else to use, I feel the more toxic the sauce is the better.
ok i found this site which has results on it and i wanted to show you what some other Geeks have found out by their own trial and error to figure this crap out, yes they used it on plastics but oxidation is oxidation so it should hold true for rubber as well. They were using just the Creme for hair 40 volume or whatever and UV light. Another member states that you only need oxiclean and water (which is tremendously cheaper) so if you can make a paste out of just oxiclean a little water and whatever other thickening agent you need it should work just as well. Anyhow this is the link for you to look over and decifer for yourself, i personally will try the oxiclean and water method asap... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36719.0

quick question i have a pair of BLk total max foamposites(tim duncans) and they still look clean but if i hold the sneaker up at angle i notice theyre is some dried up white layers around certain areas of the shoe. how do i take it offf

what do i need for the rit cleaner method to work besides the liquid rit? Do I just add water and it works as is?

ok i found this site which has results on it and i wanted to show you what some other Geeks have found out by their own trial and error to figure this crap out, yes they used it on plastics but oxidation is oxidation so it should hold true for rubber as well. They were using just the Creme for hair 40 volume or whatever and UV light. Another member states that you only need oxiclean and water (which is tremendously cheaper) so if you can make a paste out of just oxiclean a little water and whatever other thickening agent you need it should work just as well. Anyhow this is the link for you to look over and decifer for yourself, i personally will try the oxiclean and water method asap... http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36719.0

It works well with just the 40 vol developer on rubber ONLY but on ICY SOLES it dries up TOO quick, I sell my own sauce and have been messing with ingredients with trial and error and have tried everything. I can't quite say what you add but 40 vol. creme doesn't work to the best of it's ability without the additives of starch and oxi for starters.

The super hydrophobic coating is now available on Home Depot, if anybody wants to try using it on their shoes lol.

I got a pair of Bred XI's from 2001 used and they didn't smell too good, so I did get some Febreze and Fabric Softener sheets and they smell much better. I kept them in the box they were shipped in and put 2 fabric softener sheets on the bottom of the box, 2 on top, and a couple in the shoes as well as on top of the tongue, they do have a little sole separation though. Any suggestions on what to use? These are the shoes btw... http://www.ebay.com/itm/121119841447?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I got a pair of Bred XI's from 2001 used and they didn't smell too good, so I did get some Febreze and Fabric Softener sheets and they smell much better. I kept them in the box they were shipped in and put 2 fabric softener sheets on the bottom of the box, 2 on top, and a couple in the shoes as well as on top of the tongue, they do have a little sole separation though. Any suggestions on what to use? These are the shoes btw... http://www.ebay.com/itm/121119841447?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Barge cement just apply pressure when you apply it on

Back
Top Bottom