:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Also I use a product called, "Reviver," to get my soles clear. I have used SeaGlow also and that didn't work nearly as well as the Reviver.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the discoloration on the print? I tried cleaning it with Soap and water + Jason Markk but that didn't work. 

Also I use a product called, "Reviver," to get my soles clear. I have used SeaGlow also and that didn't work nearly as well as the Reviver.

What is reviver? I've never heard of it

Reviver is an amazing product. I like it much better than seaglow and got much better results in half the time. I came across it on instagram and is made by IG member: stilldjy1. He created the product, "Reviver," and also restores shoes. He does an amazing job on restoring shoes and have made some pretty nasty soles become icy again. He has a website that you can purchase Reviver from. His site is: godofsoles.bigcartel.com also check out the work he has done on Instagram. He goes by stilldjy1.

Any way to fix this
ohwell.gif
or at least remove the scratches ?

Just grabbed these for 15 bucks I'm going to try a restore project with them. Ill post better pics later
Hope you realized that they were fake when you bought them. Fakes are always a good canvas to practice on.

If you didn't know they were fake, one big warning sign is the leather used. The ones you bought are tumbled. The authentics are smooth.

Is that true for all Retro V's? Here is the tag. I didn't realize they were fakes but it's a 15 dollar mistake

Hope you realized that they were fake when you bought them. Fakes are always a good canvas to practice on.

If you didn't know they were fake, one big warning sign is the leather used. The ones you bought are tumbled. The authentics are smooth.

Is that true for all Retro V's? Here is the tag. I didn't realize they were fakes but it's a 15 dollar mistake
Damn that tag is way off lmao! 

Like I said, the Fire Red 5's have a smooth leather, not a tumbled leather. Even the Nike Air is off. 

If you didn't know, the fire red 5s originally came out in 1990 then later retro'd in 1999 - 2000. That's the last time it was released with a nike air. After that retro, the reretro came in the CDP pack in 2008 and this year, 2013.

Look around eBay man you could probably find cardinals for around 120 if you look right
I don't see any in my size for that price

What is a good price you think I should offer him for those? $20 shipping is crazy AF...

I'm think if I can get them for like $50-$70 shipped, and spend like $10-$15 on stuff to restore them, I'd have a nice pair of 7's for around 60-80 bucks.

I don't see any in my size for that price

What is a good price you think I should offer him for those? $20 shipping is crazy AF...

I'm think if I can get them for like $50-$70 shipped, and spend like $10-$15 on stuff to restore them, I'd have a nice pair of 7's for around 60-80 bucks.
the most id pay is 40 for those 90 bucks for those is ridiculous

So you'll think I should try to get them on the cheap and restore them for my first project? What do you see that needs to be done on them?

Alright. A while back I told you guys how I totalled my car when I started fishtailing and flipped it after I slid across the road. When I got out of the wreckage I stepped into about 4 inches of mud. Anyway I cleaned it with a rag, soap and water.

Anyway IDK if the upper can get any better than this. (didnt take any before pics). I am just so mad because these are in my top 5. :frown: Well executed retro and I know these wont be done as well next time around.

Anyway what should I do about the midsole. Especially the stitching on the toebox

Back
Top Bottom