:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

what inserts should i buy to reduce paint cracking for jordan 3s and 4s? any recommendations?

Hey everyone

What do you guys recommend to glue these back together...

Ouch

Recently bought em DS and working out with the seller for a partial refund since he was unaware.

Anyways should I try myself or take it into a shoe restore shop?

Thanks

Sorry I don't have time to post on here but if you don't already know I'm on instagram at @RaleighRestorations I give out tips and answer most questions (when I have time). I used to be super active on here so I let people know you can find me and keep up with me a lot easier on Instagram.

also the pic is "ice cream" which is available with full instructions at Http://www.raleighrestorations.bigcartel.com

Sorry I don't have time to post on here but if you don't already know I'm on instagram at @RaleighRestorations I give out tips and answer most questions (when I have time). I used to be super active on here so I let people know you can find me and keep up with me a lot easier on Instagram.

also the pic is "ice cream" which is available with full instructions at Http://www.raleighrestorations.bigcartel.com
how many shoes does that "ice cream" do in one bottle? i know depends on how bad the shoe is yellowed but any rough idea?

I checked back about 10 pages but didn't see anything so I apologize if its been covered already;

Is there any way to whiten the mesh on the military IV's? I was thinking of using the retro brite stuff but feel like that may bleach the fabric underneath.

Also, does anybody have a paint mixture for the military blue mid soles? Any help is appreciated

how many shoes does that "ice cream" do in one bottle? i know depends on how bad the shoe is yellowed but any rough idea?

Roughly 2-4 pairs. again all depends on severity, you could get 1 pair but on the other hand you could get 6-7 pairs that are lightly yellowing.

Does anyone know if you put gel silica packs in your shoe box if this will prevent yellowing?? Some people said that it might dry out the shoes causing them to crack and separate quicker. I put it in my WC 88 so the heel tab dont yellow and also in my grapses so the netting dont yellow.  I figure they put it in leather dress shoe boxes when you buy em so why not with with sneakers. 

i un'ds my bred 11s the other day and got this terrible squeaking noise. decided to wear em again and put a ton of baby powder under the insole and it still didnt stop the squeaking. i even wore the 11s without insoles & w/baby powder in em and they still squeaking. :stoneface: da fuq? any ideas how i can stop this? :x

Hey guys I'm in the process of restoring some 1999 fire red Vs. They're in really good condition. Wearable, have a little bit of creasing on the sides where the ankle is. All for $156. I'm trying to restore the soles. I was up all night on YouTube and found a video on restoring the soles. He said to just use 40 cream and that's all I've been using for the past week or so. I'm getting results but they're not "icey" actually they look kinda cloudy.. Any tips? Also any way of finding some replacement lace locks??

Also, idk if the midsole shrank??? But in the process of restoring the soles I got sole separations. They don't line up. And what can I do about the tongue??
Edit: never mind the cloudiness. It went away(weird)?

Last edited:
Oh just one more question. I just bought some nike air tech challenge ii's in the black/blue color way. I'd really really like to make the blue soles glow blue. Anyway to do that??

i un'ds my bred 11s the other day and got this terrible squeaking noise. decided to wear em again and put a ton of baby powder under the insole and it still didnt stop the squeaking. i even wore the 11s without insoles & w/baby powder in em and they still squeaking. :stoneface: da fuq? any ideas how i can stop this? :x

I have a pair of bred 11s and they keep squeking. Anybody know any methods besides baby powder?

You could try WD-40 in the insole if jts a possibility there is some moisture. I also did a google search and thought this was a pretty informative, helpful article

http://www.helium.com/items/1749017-how-to-stop-squeaky-shoes

Back
Top Bottom