:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Alright dudes.  This is what I have thus far.  4 total sessions.  First two sessions where an hour each.  Third session was two hours, twice.  Today it was 3 hours straight.   I'm not a lot of improvement.  Do you guys see any progress? 

Last edited:
The upper suede on my cool grey 11s is dirty. I heard people using jason markk and lincoln ez cleaner, but I don't own any of those products. Will soap and water really damage the suede? 

I cleaned my buddy's with dish soap and a very soft bristle brush. Turned out pretty good.

My Retro VIII BLK/CHROME are in great shape just the suede is dingy from dust and so on. Any around the house products I can use to get closer to black?

Thanks ekalk. I'm going to go that route instead of purchasing those products. 

Test a small area first. Make sure to not use too much soap...and make sure to get all soap out. Don't scrub hard, find your happy medium. Works great on dirt.

I just recently bought some Big Bang Lebrons in my true size despite what I heard about how they ran small. Well they fit good length wise but I need them to be a little wider,would the wooden shoe stretchers do the trick? Thanks in advance.

Alright dudes.  This is what I have thus far.  4 total sessions.  First two sessions where an hour each.  Third session was two hours, twice.  Today it was 3 hours straight.   I'm not a lot of improvement.  Do you guys see any progress? 

Don't really see any improvement here. I've seen and heard of people using that stuff with very minimal results.

Don't really see any improvement here. I've seen and heard of people using that stuff with very minimal results.
I just did another 4 hours worth.  I'm seeing more improvements but it's a slow process.  Thinking of going the sea glow route. 

50 volume developer with corn starch and oxy clean.  I can see it working but it's just taking a long time.  I've already done like 5 days worth.  It's going to take another 10 to get it where I want it. 

50 volume developer with corn starch and oxy clean.  I can see it working but it's just taking a long time.  I've already done like 5 days worth.  It's going to take another 10 to get it where I want it. 
Some people actually use that stuff without oxi and corn starch. Try that. Also yellowing from wear takes longer than yellowing from age to clear up

are you doing an outside method? inside method is much faster and has a much less chance of seperation if you have proper ventilation and possibly a fan to cool them

I've done it with both with and w/o the corn startch.  I like the starch because it gels up and adheres better, less messy.  I find it that without the starch it can get real messy and more of a chance to ruin the nubuck.  I'm doing outdoors.  Where I live we dont get much heat.  Highs of 65 this week.   I'm doing it outdoors, dont really want to invest in an indoor setup just for this pair.   How much does an indoor set up run?

Got some sole separation around the air bubble on my Penny II's anyone have any recommendation on what I can use? Thanks, any info is much appreciated.
Grab a toothpick/q-tip and put some barge cement in there to fix it up. E-6000 is also good to use if there's no barge cement around

whatsup room

Serious question here, has anyone tried ajax to clean the bottom of foams?
Im thinking of a home recipe I can use to clean the soles.

Thanks

Hey NT,

Just received my Laney 5's and one of the shoes had glue and a piece of paper stuck to the tongue.

I was able to pick the paper off but there is still glue all over the tongue, and its too hard to pick it off without

pulling threads from the tongue.

Any suggestions? Its pretty visible so I'd like to get it off.

goo gone should work, put some on a paper towel and rub it on it until it comes off. should work but as always, be gentle and make sure you arent messing the shoe up

And the restorations keep on coming.  My Bred 11 CDP needs the 23 fix.  The shoes will be deactivated from the lineup for the time being. 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom