:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^ I believe that's ink and it's irreversible. I wish there was a way to clean it though because I also have a big glob of it on a pair of mine.

magic eraser with barkeepers friend on it? cant hurt to try but be gentle since they both are abrasives

From now on I won't be leaving receipts in the box. It seems to happen on translucent soles only

yeah degreeser should work just make sure it doesnt get anywhere else, and store your receipts under the paper that is under your shoes guys, easy breezy!

LL
Good Job man that is by far the dopest roshe custom ive seen

^depends on who you ask. i vote yes, but then again i store mine in plastic containers (not air tight). many people that use ziplocs leave them slightly unzipped for a little fresh air.

No I zip up my shoes with silica packs. But every month I take them out for a day or two so they can breath and then they go back in. Stops yellowing really well.

I zip my shoes up in ziplocs, and only zip it halfway. I don't bother with silica packs anymore. I have a DampRid container I keep in my room.

I also clean the soles of my clear/icy soles every wear. Just use some instant sneaker cleaner, and a towel. Takes maybe 2 minutes tops for a pair, and it's slowed down yellowing.

i keep mine in my closet sitting on top of the original paper just in their box and the house keeps the temp around 75 and the humidty isnt bad so ive had no problems whatsoever and my clear bottom jays do not yellow much at all even after wearing since i clean the bottoms after every wear before they go back in the box.

Posted this in the 1's thread but of course it's more relevant here:

What I will be doing to spend my day off:

Jason Markk: versatile shoe cleaner I got when I first started cleaning shoes. It works pretty well but there are plenty of other options. Also have a soft and hard scrub brush because a shoe can have soft fabrics and rubber mid and outsoles.

Rinso Magic sponge (knock off Magic Eraser): bought from the 99cenr store. AMAZING for cleaning white midsoles for your 1's. (I always get my white midsoles dirty). I used to do just use dishwashing soap and water but I scrubbed hard and it was never enough. Use that method with this magic sponge and it comes off like nothing.

Chamberlain's Leather Milk Conditioner w/applicator pad: After I'm done cleaning, going to condition and protect my leather. Also improving the quality as well. Who knows how dry they have gotten sitting not only in my house but in warehouses ever since production date. Or even the leather parts itself. Bought this from Amazon after seeing the great reviews. Even repairing scuffs and scratches (!)

If you guys want, I can take before and after pics and update you guys on some results. Its gonna be a nice day today. :lol:

Don't put them on top of the shoe paper^ bad for the soles
i have been doing this since day one and my soles dont yellow fast or anything, i think the care taken for a clear soled she before being put back in the box is more detrimental than the actual paper

Back
Top Bottom