:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey guys, any way to save this pair at all? This was my go to pair when I first got em'. Heck, I'd be beyond grateful if someone could help me track these down in a size 8.5-9.5. These ought to be 2009 DMP 1 Celtics

I know some of you may be wondering how they got beat down so bad 
ohwell.gif
 And that yellowing on the white I just don't understand 
mean.gif
. I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this repair process

Last edited:
Used some combination of RIT whitener/dawn/oxyclean liquid and hot water mixed together to clean this aj1 that i bought. Jean stain and it looks darker in person..

amazing results, thank you for sharing!

Maybe RIT whitener will help on the 4s netting since under the netting it's like a mesh material. That's the part that always turns yellow
And tried that one too... Lol... I i think it bad for the rubber.. Told you i did almost everything i can just to whiten the netting...

Hey guys, any way to save this pair at all? This was my go to pair when I first got em'. Heck, I'd be beyond grateful if someone could help me track these down in a size 8.5-9.5. These ought to be 2009 DMP 1 Celtics

I know some of you may be wondering how they got beat down so bad :\  And that yellowing on the white I just don't understand :smh: . I appreciate anyone's thoughts on this repair process
There is a very good instruction on how to whiten the midsole. A page or 2 back... And get a fine sand paper and try to even out the area where the paint is chipping.. And i would recommend air brush to repaint that area since it will blend better. Start with that and you will get some good result.. Good luck.
amazing results, thank you for sharing!
thanks man..!! I also did that to the sockliner of my 4s

Left one is so much better.

Last edited:

Before and after. One session of an hour and a half of 40 vol salon care Saran wrapped. This stuff works imma keep going

Used some combination of RIT whitener/dawn/oxyclean liquid and hot water mixed together to clean this aj1 that i bought. Jean stain and it looks darker in person..
Dope. Did you use a brush or did you scrub/wipe with a cloth?

Last edited:
Dope. Did you use a brush or did you scrub/wipe with a cloth?
Toothbrush then another toothbrush dab with hot water to wet the area then wipe with white towel.. I let the solution sit for 5 min. Keep applying until i see a good result. Mostly 2x . Good luck if your trying it... Wipe off right away if it touches leathet.

This method can loose traction? I tried retro brite method on my wolf grey and did not notice any lost of traction. But i don't wear this to play ball.
It loses traction if you leave them too long. I do it in short sessions of an hour

I used alcohol but it didn't work then I used hot water and it came right off I tried it again but it feels burnt

before RIT

after RIT

on youtube, uploader optimusp517 posted a video explaining how to use RIT. i followed his instructions and it worked incredibly. liquid RIT whitener & brightener, liquid laundry soap and a damp cloth, all using hot water and a toothbrush to scrub. looked like someone pissed on my J's before i used this method. still has a slight yellow tint to them so ill hit them again tomorrow but it def works and is worth it. check optimusp517's video out on youtube "shoe restoration: removing sock lint & jordan xi dmp cleaning mesh with rit"

before RIT

after RIT

on youtube, uploader optimusp517 posted a video explaining how to use RIT. i followed his instructions and it worked incredibly. liquid RIT whitener & brightener, liquid laundry soap and a damp cloth, all using hot water and a toothbrush to scrub. looked like someone pissed on my J's before i used this method. still has a slight yellow tint to them so ill hit them again tomorrow but it def works and is worth it. check optimusp517's video out on youtube "shoe restoration: removing sock lint & jordan xi dmp cleaning mesh with rit"

Optimus is also a NT'er under the same SN I believe.

Can anyone tell me on how to whiten the netting on cement 4s

Go back 1-2 pages.

Back
Top Bottom