:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I don't think that's fixable. You can sand it down a bit with some very fine sand paper and perhaps put some touch up paint. I don't think anyones found a fix for the midsole scrapes.

For the paint on the patent leather. You may want to try nail polish remover or acetone. Try it on scrap patent leather 1st though.
I Was Afraid About The Midsole. I Will Try The Sandpaper But Do You Think A Shoe Repair Store Could Fix Them? And The Acetone/ Nail polish Remover Is What I Was Thinking

I used that 40 stuff before and it works well on white midsoles like that for af1's, sbs etc. I tried using it on soles (icy soles etc) as I figured it'd work the same. It didn't my shoes got semi clear but it killed the traction. I think it just burns off layers of rubber removing the yellowing. I was on ice skates after it lol. never again

I used that 40 stuff before and it works well on white midsoles like that for af1's, sbs etc. I tried using it on soles (icy soles etc) as I figured it'd work the same. It didn't my shoes got semi clear but it killed the traction. I think it just burns off layers of rubber removing the yellowing. I was on ice skates after it lol. never again
I think the lost of tracking is true at some degree but not totally lost, somebody told me that it decrease traction... I did mine but did not really noticed. I only tried it on my 5's..

I just used the 40 creme. No corn starch or oxi clean. Used a toothbrush. Let it sit outside in sunlight for an hour and a half. That was only one session.
an hour and a half? 

i thought you were only supposed to leave it out for 15 min or so...real good results on those af1's. 

i tried to whiten up the midsoles on a few of my pairs yesterday but just as soon as i set them out the sun goes and hides behind some clouds. gonna try again next weekend. 

How do I clean these scuffs off Jordan X Shadows. Thanks.

an hour and a half? 
i thought you were only supposed to leave it out for 15 min or so...real good results on those af1's. 
i tried to whiten up the midsoles on a few of my pairs yesterday but just as soon as i set them out the sun goes and hides behind some clouds. gonna try again next weekend. 

Length of time in the sun depends on how hot the sun is. Here in NY it was in the teens but the sun was out so it was perfect to clear soles no risk of sole separation from the heat. Also when its cloudy it will still work just as good UV rays arent blocked by clouds.

These blew up on Instagram and I know this is the sneaker care and maintenance thread but here are some customs I did. You can follow me @RaleighRestorations on instagram!

nice work as always! i woulda thought they would have been some kind of superman custom but thats just from the one pic

I can't find any legit tutorials on the proper paint, materials, or technique. Some enlightenment would be much appreciated.
paint at angelusdirect.com or turtlefeathers.net (or google them) then go get some decent paint brushes and maybe some tape to tape of the straight edges on the midsole. I would paint the entire midsole white first and then paint the secondary color over the white in the area as the originals showed. It really isnt too hard just takes time and patience

paint at angelusdirect.com or turtlefeathers.net (or google them) then go get some decent paint brushes and maybe some tape to tape of the straight edges on the midsole. I would paint the entire midsole white first and then paint the secondary color over the white in the area as the originals showed. It really isnt too hard just takes time and patience
Got it! Would you advice paint over the existing white sections or totally stripping?

Got it! Would you advice paint over the existing white sections or totally stripping?
i havent painted the midsoles of my 3s yet but i would try to take off as much as possible, maybe with a super fine sandpaper or a magic eraser to see what comes off (dont be hard on them just a light scrubbing) and then paint over it then. Also get some paint tubes so that if you have to mix some paint to make the color match closer you will have some left over for touch ups if needed. Also make multiple coats with thin layers so it will prevent cracking or slow it down atleast.

ppl were saying RIT whitener in liquid form is the safest

Back
Top Bottom