:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey again so with the 1991 black Infrared 6s mine are a sz 13 what size should the donor sole be? Ive heard people saying go half a size lower and what not for older shoes
I've never done a full sole swap before, so I'm not positive, but I think you should get the same size doner. I've reglued shoes with a shrunken midsole (because they were in a hot car) and it's a ***** to stretch it and make it fit.

is it alright to clean icy soles that have a little dirt on em 11's in particular? i thought cleaning them speeds up the yellowing process i'm confused! 

Also working on a pair of Nike Air Zoom Generations, LeBron's first signature shoe. I'm very pleased with a laundry detergent toothbrush bath and how Reviver really helped de-yellow a lot on the shoes.
Before:

After:
nthat.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif

Those are Fire

you should post up the materials you use, because i' m starting to work on a pair of those (all White one)

is it alright to clean icy soles that have a little dirt on em 11's in particular? i thought cleaning them speeds up the yellowing process i'm confused! 

Leaving the dirt on them speeds up the yellowing process. I scrub mine with Jason Markk after I wear em

Yes, just clean them with dish soap/detergent + warm water + toothbrush. Dirt is very easy to clean. I wouldn't worry about the oxidation/yellowing process to much, shoe will naturally yellow anyways. Just don't wet them and then put them on dirt again, wear them right after, etc. clean and them let them air dry.

Man, took my nephews to the park today. Time for the first deep clean on the Concord low. That white is filthy.

We'll see how this goes.
Things needed-toothbrush
Shout Stain Remover
Glass of warm water with Dawn DS for soles
Glass of warm water diluted with Shout for upper.
Wet hot wash rag
Time
Here we go

Last edited:
I'm happy. Can't really tell in the light but...these look fresh now. I was a bit apprehensive at first to clean, and didn't think the threads would brighten but I'm happy

How do I go about getting a ink stain like off?? I have goo-gone , and some nail polish remover. How do I go about removing it, and is there any other sure fire ways???

[quote name="yukmouth094" url="]

How do I go about getting a ink stain like off?? I have goo-gone , and some nail polish remover. How do I go about removing it, and is there any other sure fire ways???
[/quote]

I didn't have any luck removing what appeared to be an ink stain. It actually was removed with nail polish remover, but it came back shortly after, I needed up returning the shoe to FNL for someone who wouldn't care about the stain to enjoy. God luck with it

Last edited:
i don't think those are authentics are they? they look like the dye from the patent leather bled into the mesh. i doubt you be able to clean them. maybe try some RIT whitener? 

you should dye it. and you re not gonna be able to white it out.

You can dye only darker colors than you have now.

need help on these cords mesh discoloration. and the 23 is quite messed up. any tips guys? 

RIT liquid whitener and brightener would also be something I would try. These are regular laundry products that are supposed to work for cleaning stains,etc. but it's just that we use it on shoes instead of clothes. Should work, but at the least it'll whiten your shoes again even if it doesn't remove the stains, but I think they will.

Last edited:
They sell replacement #s on eBay for this problem. Info was posted a while back, not sure if you'd be able to search and find it

tips on the number 2 fix? 
They sell replacement #s on eBay for this problem. Info was posted a while back, not sure if you'd be able to search and find it
From my knowledge and this may be outdated (and I could be wrong), but in the past, before the GM/UA craze, people just had regular rep jordans and the 23 was always messed up (extremely stretched/fake). So since the reps had poor screen printed "23's" on the back ,people would use acetone and just wipe it off and then iron a new 23 on there to make them look legit. The "23" on the legit pairs are actually good/better quality material and not like the poor screen printed material on the reps which is why I don't know if it will work, but pretty much as long as you can strip the "23" on the legit pairs, you can do the "fix."

It's funny how people sell the "23" fix when you can literally find prints online for free and print them out yourself and the tutorials have been out for years. It's literally just like pasting a "23" on there, the fix will make it look alright, but I don't think you will be able to feel it like how it comes factory made. You can actually feel the print of the "23" on the legit pairs, unlike the reps which is literally just printed like writing. That might be one of the flaw of the fix (that you can't feel the print), and you need a extremely steady hand for the perfect placement. Also depending on the print and how you do it, it could come out bad and look pretty fake/crappy.

I've also seen people do this with insoles and putting faded away "Nike Air" or Jumpan's back on the insole. Even seen people put the "45" on some concords lol.

Basically, I wouldn't suggest doing the fix unless the 23 is peeling like crazy like on many of the CDP Bred 11's, but if you want to, feel free to do it.

Last edited:

Only worn 3x's . I took these out last week and I have all this mess on them.

Any idea how to fix with out damaging mesh?

People have told me rite dye.jason markk .magic eracer .

Thanks in advance

Only worn 3x's . I took these out last week and I have all this mess on them.

Any idea how to fix with out damaging mesh?

People have told me rite dye.jason markk .magic eracer .

Thanks in advance
Like stated already, all the answers to your questions have been posted in the last few pages...but I'll help spare you the work this time.

hi NT fam.

Here's my White Foams.

I wear this a lot (4 days of the week at work usually)

I 'm trying to do my best to keep this in a good shape but from some time this appen to the inside of the lace part of the shoe (sorry i don't know the correct name in english)

This is happening on both of the shoes.

the texile part who cover this area is going away.

i look on the forum but i never found any kind of stuff about this.

Can someone help me out? how can i fix it? i should glue it? i got really no ideas on this.

TY

Last edited:
Looking to make my own sneaker shields. Although I dunno what material should I use. Should I use the Pringles can?

kintan kintan No, if you are going to do that you should use plastic because the cardboard moves around in your shoe and shreds into little pieces and it is hard to clean out. If you want sneaker shields, go to footlocker and buy them, they are about $10. Your shoe is going to crease anyway, so its pointless. Just wear them.

Back
Top Bottom