:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by mrezykickz

Interested in buying these OGs.

Seller states these are DS.

is there anything I should be lookin out for. warning signs, i plan to wear em a decent amount.

2uhy7ud.jpg

9qbj3b.jpg

2w21ksk.jpg

Thanks alot NT.
this is the "Sneaker Care/Maintenance" Thread.

Originally Posted by cherrie0507

what can i do if the insole in slipping? i ball in the CDP 18's and there is a carbon fibre plate under the insole.. should i just glue it down? what kind of glue? thnks

i have no clue what you're talking about "insole in slipping". Just crazy glue or shoe goo.

Is there a way to stop shoes from squeaking? My Jeter Clutches are squeaking constantly every time I move... during a game or just plain ole walking. I alreadyam using baby powder, except it lasts only for about one day. I would be lucky if it lasts for barely two days. Any suggests that lasts longer? Thanks guys.

Oh, and I stopped caring about creases. It's pointless. Force fields still allow creasing (proven by a couple friends). Just stating that as a last replyto my first question on that questions concerning the creases.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by vi3tboik3v

Is there a way to stop shoes from squeaking? My Jeter Clutches are squeaking constantly every time I move... during a game or just plain ole walking. I already am using baby powder, except it lasts only for about one day. I would be lucky if it lasts for barely two days. Any suggests that lasts longer? Thanks guys.

Oh, and I stopped caring about creases. It's pointless. Force fields still allow creasing (proven by a couple friends). Just stating that as a last reply to my first question on that questions concerning the creases.

Thanks again.
is the sole seperating from any part of the shoe?

Originally Posted by Fat Boy 915

I need some advice on fixing the coloring on my Burgundy Vs. What paint should I use?

24ypaqh.jpg

2820vtg.jpg

UM LET ME SEE, WHAT COLOR SHOULD YOU PAINT BURGUNDY Vs............?

I dont know, burgundy maybe?!

Originally Posted by blackmambakb24

poor infrared vi's.. repaint it with angelus paint and never wear it again...

well, some guy told me there is still a way to make them wearable. hes going to let me see his pair and see how that worked out. does anyone know if there is aSURE FIRE wat to make my infras wearable again? i mean, ive seen a pic of a person rock maroon vi's and that makes me mad. how do people do this?

Originally Posted by FPSee

I need some advice on fixing the coloring on my Burgundy Vs. What paint should I use?

24ypaqh.jpg

2820vtg.jpg

If you could read correctly, I asked what paint I should use, not what COLOR. Read before you make stupid comments.

Originally Posted by FPSee

24ypaqh.jpg

2820vtg.jpg

If you could read correctly, I asked what paint I should use, not what COLOR. Read before you make stupid comments.
hahaha calm down kid, we all make mistakes.

Dang, paint chipping already on those Burgundy V's? Talk about quality. You can always try mixing colors. You have to experiment in order to find the rightexact color.

Edit: Had a squeaky problem, now fixed. ignore this post haha.
laugh.gif

Dose anyone have a before & after pics were they used sea glo because I used it on my retro foamposites and didnt notice a change I may have did it wrong(not enough sun, followed directions wrong) how much change should I see. Sorry if already posted, I dont have much time to check previous post on my jobscomputer.

Hopefully everybody get their questions answered. Some catz out here have some really bad damage.

I need Help with my my grapes the net is yellow how can i restore them SeaGlow?

MUSIC PG

myspace.com/demprettyboiz

Originally Posted by RSomers6

where do you get rit for the upper part of xis. Should I use this or barkerpers friend

local grocery store.

Originally Posted by Error on page

Dose anyone have a before & after pics were they used sea glo because I used it on my retro foamposites and didnt notice a change I may have did it wrong (not enough sun, followed directions wrong) how much change should I see. Sorry if already posted, I dont have much time to check previous post on my jobs computer.

you need more than one application to see big improvement. takes about 3 days to see a big change in the clear sole with a 3-4 hour session of applyingseaglow.

Originally Posted by hatfiend401

I need Help with my my grapes the net is yellow how can i restore them SeaGlow?

follow the same directions as XIs seaglowing guide

Question: i have a pair of IV's White/Green with some yellowing to the mesh. other than that, they look really nice and wearable. Would barkeepers be thebest product for me to use solely on the mesh? pretty impressive results on the xi's from what i've seen so i think it might work... any opinions help,especially if they're first hand

Wow now I'm super hesitant to wear my VIs.
Basically I bought a pair of DS Infrared VIs over the weekend from a reliable person with a massive sneaker collection and he told me that he doesn't storehis shoes with silica or in bags, but rather just shoves his shoes in closets around his house. He says that he doesn't see why I can't wear them buthe didn't give me a definite answer, so I'm sort of lost at this point. I bought them so I could wear them but I don't want to throw all the moneyI spent on these in the garbage after a few steps. I took a pair of my Carmines and compared it to the Infrared VIs. Basically I was just feeling the midsoleand squishing it with my thumb and middle finger feeling how firm it is. From what I recall there was not much difference, but still I would like to know ifthere's anything that I should be looking out for, signs, that it might crack. There's no yellowing at all, and the air units are clear, not foggy. Ido realize, from personal and friends experience that the black paint on the heels will crack but it's inevitable, what I'm mostly concenred about isthe actual midsole cracking.

So if any of you experts could enlighten me on any signs that I should be looking out for, like how the midsole should feel if it's at the stage whereit's going to crack, or if there's nothing I can do other than take that leap of faith...

*gulp*

Thanks in advance, Billy.

Hey so heres my problem, i have a pair of XII's and want to restore them.
can u tell me how to get the creases out and what other steps i should do like repaint and stuff. what paint should i use and where do i get them from?

here's what they look like

back again...just asking before i mess up these shoes, all i do is paint over it right? or do i sand then paint?...also is there a way to clean the white parton the inside of the shoes? (just click the links for pics)

white parts:
tab
side

what i mean by the inside:
inside

NOTE: inside is dirtier then in photo and paint parts are yellower then they look

Back
Top Bottom