:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Good looking out I grabbed the satin joint instead of matte because I didn't want it too dull, going to have to grab that.

I have a few questions for yous.  First, is jason markk repel safe to use on the suede of jordan 13's? Second is I'm about to un ds my bred 4's from 2012, would it make sense to put a couple coats on angelus paint on the midoles where they always crack?  Would the extra coats keep them from cracking?    Thanks

I have a few questions for yous.  First, is jason markk repel safe to use on the suede of jordan 13's? Second is I'm about to un ds my bred 4's from 2012, would it make sense to put a couple coats on angelus paint on the midoles where they always crack?  Would the extra coats keep them from cracking?    Thanks
Never used their repel stuff so idk, but I think the best for the 4's is to strip the midsoles and paint them all over again. Extra coats are just gonna make them crack, which is why we strip the shoes when we do customs as well.

Pictures are a month old (mesh has been whitened a bit and shine brought back out in the patent). Now looking to do some sole clearing.

Anyone know from experience, would it be better to separate the outsoles from the shoes, continue on with the (outdoor) sole clearing process, and reglue them? Are there any drawbacks to this? The shoes are already experiencing slight outsole separation in some areas. I figured it would be easier, without having to worry about the solution running onto the rest of the shoes or even any further outsole or midsole separation.

Pictures are a month old (mesh has been whitened a bit and shine brought back out in the patent). Now looking to do some sole clearing.

Anyone know from experience, would it be better to separate the outsoles from the shoes, continue on with the (outdoor) sole clearing process, and reglue them? Are there any drawbacks to this? The shoes are already experiencing slight outsole separation in some areas. I figured it would be easier, without having to worry about the solution running onto the rest of the shoes or even any further outsole or midsole separation.

given that it's a 2000, you will end up regluing the midsole and outsole eventually. might as well separate them first before you clear them. 

given that it's a 2000, you will end up regluing the midsole and outsole eventually. might as well separate them first before you clear them. 
Can you recommend anyone that does this? I have a pair of DS SJ's from 2000 that I want to get the midsole and outsole re-glued before I start wearing them

Has anyone sole swapped Jordan 1's before? I have 2001 Bred 1s and the whole sole is cracked and pieces are missing. I hoping I can sole swap it, just worried about how to thread it.

Can anyone recommend someone that can do a re-glue on a pair of DS 2000 11 Space Jams?
Well first, nobody knows where you're even located. You could be in China for all I know lol. I recommend RetroSnickers, Sneakerheadinthebay, Godofsoles. Sneakerheadinthebay (Alex) is located in California, the other two are in Texas I believe.

Please help! My 2011 Concords' foam midsole has warped due to heat damage. How can I fix this? Who can fix this for me? Should I apply caulk  then re-

glue or completely replace the foam midsole?

Last edited:
@FrankW does the donor have to be concords high?
no, all XI midsole are the same. you can use any of them, but if you do want the CF to be right you want to find the concord high or low or space jams. OR you can use a pair from Jordan Future that has blk shank plate, won't be CF, but graphite plate. Jordan Future you do need a find one half size up. the midsole is smaller. 

Last edited:

no, all XI midsole are the same. you can use any of them, but if you do want the CF to be right you want to find the concord high or low or space jams. OR you can use a pair from Jordan Future that has blk shank plate, won't be CF, but graphite plate. Jordan Future you do need a find one half size up. the midsole is smaller. 
Or you could find a replacement midsole and remove the carbon fiber from the original midsole by using blow dryer / heat gun. I restored some 00' Jams in which the carbon fiber was detaching from the midsole, fixed it up with some barge infinity cement.

Hi fam and thanks in advance for all the help through the years, i have a pair of the OG black/white nike air Barrages and need to know what the black material on the uppers is because i need to redye them and dont want to get the wrong stuff

yea, you can redye the suede, but no...i don't think they are worth $400 in that condition. look closer to the heel there are obvious sign of heel drag. between the people that want ridiculous amount of money for DS pairs and these these may seem like a bargain, but too much work needs to be done. 

Back
Top Bottom