:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i recommend not to ice your soles.

They will yellow much faster and you'll lose traction. You'll only ice the soles temporarily, then they'll go back to their natural yellow soles in weeks.

Agreed. I iced my pair of 96 Concords and I can't get grip on them anywhere. Try pushing something remotely heavy on a flat surface in them, you ain't movin lmao.

Only reason to ice is for reselling or collection purposes. If you're going to wear them, there's no point. It'll go right back to yellow.

i recommend not to ice your soles.

They will yellow much faster and you'll lose traction. You'll only ice the soles temporarily, then they'll go back to their natural yellow soles in weeks.
Agreed. I iced my pair of 96 Concords and I can't get grip on them anywhere. Try pushing something remotely heavy on a flat surface in them, you ain't movin lmao.

Only reason to ice is for reselling or collection purposes. If you're going to wear them, there's no point. It'll go right back to yellow.
been debating doing this for a while, guess this answers my question since I want to continue wearing my pairs.

2000 Air Jordan XI Concord Mesh whitening:

This restoration took 4 - 6 sessions to whiten the mesh. I used RIT Whitener and Brightener and Laundry detergent.

The cost of this service will be $50 - $80

For restoration inquries, email: Manalorestorations@gmail.com

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: Youtube.com/johnandrew7

Follow me on Instagram: @johnandrew00

You guys ever have paint just straight up rub off after applying some shoe cleaner?  Had some new DS flight 2013s on deck (for beaters), and after the first cleaning with shoe cleaner, the midsole paint just started rubbing off! Never seen that before, not even with older jordans. 

Guys this has probably been asked already in this thread but I did some searching and couldn't quite find anything. I had a bottle of Air Legends shoe cleaner, but the whole bottle spilled out on me by accident. So I'm gonna get a new bottle of something, but now I've been doing some research and can't decide between Air Legends, Jason Markk, and Reshoevn8r. Which out of the 3 do you guys think is the absolute best? They're all like the same price so I just wanna know which one is the best cleaner. Thanks y'all.

i would go for angelus shoe cleaner. i saw a bunch of comparisons against other brands and angelus was always whiter. the brands you mentioned are fine, but i would go with angelus. if you are looking to get your cleaner local then jason markk is fine since they are sold at stores at malls. i would just get jason markk for regular cleaning since its at the mall. if you are getting them online i'd go with angelus cleaner. look it up on youtube theres some good reviews

i have a pair of 05 or is it 06? i dont remember but i have Flint XIIIs that have started separating enough for me to take off the entire midsole from the upper and i have E6000 in hand to reglue them but i wanted to know if you guys have any ideas how to spread the glue around evenly, i know barge cement has the brush in the can but i dont have barge cement, any suggestions as to what to use to spread it around? Thanks in advance.

i have a pair of 05 or is it 06? i dont remember but i have Flint XIIIs that have started separating enough for me to take off the entire midsole from the upper and i have E6000 in hand to reglue them but i wanted to know if you guys have any ideas how to spread the glue around evenly, i know barge cement has the brush in the can but i dont have barge cement, any suggestions as to what to use to spread it around? Thanks in advance.
get a paint brush that you know you won't use again, but the barge infinity cement is probably the better adhesive.

What do I need to paint the white mid tb3s and black cement 4s? Just white anglus paint? Or is there a certain type of white? Any specific brush or brushes? Anything else or any tips? I'm gonna practice on a pair of beat fire red 4s first

What do I need to paint the white mid tb3s and black cement 4s? Just white anglus paint? Or is there a certain type of white? Any specific brush or brushes? Anything else or any tips? I'm gonna practice on a pair of beat fire red 4s first

Any form of acetone to strip the finishing coat off the shoe. Just be careful when doing so because too much acetone and pressure can damage the midsole. It'll bubble up and make the surface look rough which is an eyesore. Angelus paints are fine. I recommend the flat white unless you want a glossy look then get the regular white.

@panthapanda thanks. Yeah, I used some of my ladies nail Polish remover on the fire reds and that paint is tough to get off! Started for about 30 mins and barely got anything off. YouTube videos make it look so fast and easy! Which white looks more like what jb uses? Honestly I don't care, just want them to look as close to og as possible and my true blues I only have to do one shoe at the moment so I want them to look the same. Any specific brushes you'd recommend? Again, thanks for the help

Anyone have experience dealing with Chipped 3M ? As in the surface is coming straight off where it creases.

Have a pair of old Medicom Dunks that chipped like crazy. Wonder if there's anything I can do other than Spray the whole thing over :s

Last edited:
Anyone have experience dealing with Chipped 3M ? As in the surface is coming straight off where it creases.
Have a pair of old Medicom Dunks that chipped like crazy. Wonder if there's anything I can do other than Spray the whole thing over :s

Having a similar problem with '99 Fire Red 5s. Anyone know how to fix this?

New video is up. If your Michael Air Jordan 11's have yellow mesh, this guide will whiten your fabric 100% guaranteed. Give it a look and make sure to subscribe or more videos.

I have a pair of Jordan 2 retros. They're brand new. I wanted to wear them today and the sole decided to fall apart.
Since I'm from Hong Kong, there aren't any reputable places for sole swaps.

Is there a shop you guys recommend?

Last edited:
You should be able to bring it to a shoe repair shop and have them glue it back together.

Last edited:
The black part cracked though. They'll just totally fall apart if I apply some force to them.
This is just me but unless they are the originals I would just find another pair of the most recent retro since it might cost u just as much to ship them to the US and pay to fix them. 2s don't have shift resell usually. Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom