:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?
Jason Markk is terrible smh, they destroy peoples shoes, they have a commercial out I saw the other day someone tagged me in on FB, I had to tell them that product is fraud and if you notice in the commercial the guy walks in with mid top Air Force 1s and walks out with low top joints smh. I would agree with @KINGMCMLXXXIV and use Reshoven8r

Would I treat carbon fiber plate separation on the Jordan 11 the same way I would Sole separation? Can't seem to find anything specifically about the carbon fiber plate on the internet.

Last edited:
Jason Markk cleaner has removed midsole paint from several pairs of Jordans (3s, 4s, 6s). It has also completely destroyed the nubuck on a pair of my 12s. Has anyone else has issues like this and can anyone recommend a product that is as effective at cleaning but kinder to my paint and materials?
Used JM on my fragment air trainers (nubuck) and it just kinda ruined it....wrote JM and they sent me their suede/nubuck brush-eraser kit. which i've used primarily for my nubuck/suede kicks. but honestly, if you have a white eraser and a soft bristle brush you are getting the same thing. 

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...ine__9004338&gclid=CMi91IS8uNECFYmFswodvDYGJQ

Last edited:
Damn I never heard these Jason markk Horror stories before bit y'all definitely got me shook. I been said I was gonna start buying reshoevn8 tho. Maybe it's time before my luck runs out

I used their solution, brush, and towel exactly as directed and paint came off of the midsole on my varsity red 6 and 2012 bred 4 and the nubuck finish rubbed off of my '09 nubuck 12s. Didn't even rub that hard. Did the same thing with other solutions and the same towel and no issue. Maybe it was a bad batch of solution? Either way I will be spending my money elsewhere from now on.

Last edited:
My guess is that paint was coming off regardless of what brush or cleaner you used.

^ Yeah that seems like the most likely scenario to me too. The paint quality probably deteriorated enough that any kind of cleaner would've stripped it.

But I'm not sure why you guys are buying those "premium" sneaker cleaners anyway. These companies aren't putting anything special in their products.

Just grab some dishwashing liquid and mix it in a bowl with warm water, then scrub with a soft/medium/hard bristle toothbrush depending on the material. You can get a 25oz bottle of dish soap and a couple of toothbrushes for 5 bucks. I imagine an :nerd:z Jason Markk and the like are triple that.

Last edited:
Kicks aren't dishes tho, and this ain't 96.

Read the ingredients on dish washing liquid bottle and read the Jason markk bottle. Jason markk is alleged to be all natural.

Read the ingredients on dish washing liquid bottle and read the Jason markk bottle. Jason markk is alleged to be all natural.

Bruh... really? Kicks aren't dishes? :lol:
Just like how dudes use seaglow when its boat cleaner. Kicks aren't boats either :lol:

True indeed. Diswashing liquid jus seem harsh to me.

Honestly, I've never had issues with wishwashing liquid damaging my shoes but I also know it doesn't get all stains off either.
Smaller items are probably ok with just soap and water.

Enjoy using that overpriced all natural soap on your synthetic leather kicks.

Enjoy using that overpriced all natural soap on your synthetic leather kicks.
everyone knows JB/Nike uses the finest leather on the planet....in fact they have 3 farms in China where baby calfs are raised on Jordan videos and 90s bulls highlight reels to ensure the leather is plush and in defference to the GOAT. 
roll.gif

i get the point ... but dish detergent is great for my laces but given the concentration of the dish soap we are probably well served to look at other options. 

:lol: I get what you guys are saying and it's not like $20 or whatever is a ton of money. Just giving my take on the topic.

ill stick to using premium shoe cleaners, theyve treated me well over the years and ill continue to do so. especially considering i have tons of free bottles from finish line rewards that were otherwise going unused and expiring. so free premium cleaner? sure. ill never use dish soap on my shoes or car. i cant believe people still do that.

Nothing cleans shoes better than dish soap, water, and a toothbrush.  Not spending extra for a specialized shoe cleaner.

What's up everyone? I need help. These sneakers were wrapped up in plastic wrap and stored away in the box. Apparently it was too close to the heater so it melted onto the patent leather. Does anyone have any idea of how to remove the plastic wrap off of the patent leather? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom