:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone now how to remove the ink stains from a pair of 11's?

How'd this happen? On my concords I got some dye on the fabric part from some jeans.

please let me know if it works . I tried shoe goo and goop max and they're both trash . the glue is super sticky but didn't hold the soles back

angelus leather paint . you can also use a black leather polish cream

I think he means the gold part where the laces go through. I would guess metallic gold paint, like the ones you touch up scratches on your car with. Not sure where to get them.

Just bought some containers but don't know how I feel about them...boxes or containers brehs
I like the containers since it looks really clean but maaaan that OG look of having boxes is nice but structurally it's annoying. The convenience of containers is nice and I havent looked back.

I just separated my jordan 7 sole as the sole is separating. After removing, i found out that the sole is slightly larger than the mid-sole.Is this normal?

How do you all keep your heels clean when you drive?

Here's an (non extreme) example:

I literally just put this shoe on 30 min ago before leaving to work. On my space jams, it's that right foot heel that is always getting smudged and getting tedious to clean now.

Does replacing my carpet car mat with a rubber one help?

Last edited:
Thanks. Was there a release that had the same color scheme or should I plan on having to paint again? Thanks again my last pair finally started cracking back in November and I'd really like to get them back.

I literally just put this shoe on 30 min ago before leaving to work. On my space jams, it's that right foot heel that is always getting smudged and getting tedious to clean now.

The dirt is coming from your carpet if that's what your asking

Cleaning your carpet should help.

Need to re-dye the nubuck on the toe box of my GMP 7's. It only needs to be redyed in a particular area. Slightly worried about messing up. Any tips? I know to mix the Angelus suede dye with some water so it doesn't turn the toe box purple and to use a sponge to apply the dye.

Need to re-dye the nubuck on the toe box of my GMP 7's. It only needs to be redyed in a particular area. Slightly worried about messing up. Any tips? I know to mix the Angelus suede dye with some water so it doesn't turn the toe box purple and to use a sponge to apply the dye.

Make sure it's clean of dirt and debris before applying. The area should also be dry, and don't apply too much. I made that mistake.

Does anyone know if Crep will yellow the white toungues on 1's?? I used some other silicone stuff and ruined a pair.

Get some weathertech floor liner mats
It's expensive but well worth it imo
They are super easy to clean
Will keep inside of your car looking fresh and your kicks fresher

Last edited:
I literally use a plastic grocery bag from either Walmart or target. Place the bag underneath your heel while you're driving, zero stains on the back of the sneaker.

My wife teases me about it almost every time I do it.

Last edited:
Got some black cement 3s in from 2011 recently. Looking for tips on removing the yellowing/oxidization of the outsole. I've heard toothpaste works, but not sure on any methods. Can someone enlighten me on that? I'm also wondering about the durability of angelus paint on the midsole of the 3s. Does it hold up better than Jordan factory paint? Any tips are appreciated thanks.

40 Volume Creme or any sole sauce can be used to unyellow the outsole. I prefer 40 volume creme since it's cheaper. You can buy 40 volume creme from a beauty supply and for the sole sauce there's a bunch of them, for example Angelus sells one on angelus direct for $20. As for the paint, I can't give you a exact time of how long they should last but, if you prep the midsole the right way and remove all the paint it should last you a pretty long time

what's a good way to whiten the netting (tongue and side of shoe) on my cement 4's? any way to prevent this from happening again?

Back
Top Bottom