:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

These are my original playoff 13s from 1997. The uppers started separating from the midsole on these a long time ago and I had glued them with some random adhesive. I got tired of looking at them and not being able to wear them so last night I completely separated them. I found that the zoom units on these are toast. They have all popped. Any place I can get replacements? I've purchased Barge Infinity Cement to do these and some black/columbia nubuck 12s, but I was hoping to replace the zoom units before I glue these 13s back together.

ebay

[ATTACHMENT=13799]IMG_0082.JPG (1,026k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Sup guys. Read about 40+ pages. Couldn't see how to fix a scratch on black leather. Read about white, but I don't want to discolor these. I know it's not bad, but other than repainting is there a way to get a scratch off black leather? I read about vinegar, baby oil or Vaseline

I have a question if any1 can answer would be greatly appreciated , if u paint a flat color and u want to keep it flat how do u accomplish this after u apply the finisher BC I can't find flat finisher closest I could find was matte , only thing I could think of was mayb adding a duller to the finisher but idk ?

Nooooooo. I ruined one of my favorite kicks. There was a small stuff of dirt on them, so I took some Jason Mark and a brush very lightly ...and this is what I'm left with. (They dried like this)

Any suggestions on how to remove this eyesore ?

Here are my nubuck 12s I was talking about in my other post. I remember being able to buy these with the hoodie and cap in 2003 because I signed up for some Jordan club. I forget what it was called. I had worn these casually and decided to play in them on a couple days ago. Not a good idea. The uppers started separating from the midsole. I went ahead and separated them completely by hand and then separated the outsole from the midsole. Waiting for Barge Infinity cement to be delivered and I will re-glue these. I hope to play in them afterwards. The 12s are one of the best Jordan's to play in. The cushioning and traction are both excellent. You can see the full length zoom unit in the pic. Wished more Jordan's had this cushioning setup. Which reminds me, my original playoff 12s will need to be glued as well.

I still have my sz 13 pair which I wore only a handful of times and still in excellent shape plus the matching hoody which I never wore, it was too damn heavy.
Seriously, it weights a couple of pounds.

NT Fam, how the f do I get this glue off the lace?

Remove lace from shoe. Take a bic lighter and warm up the glue blob for a few seconds to soften it up.
Then using a sharp razor blade scrape it off. You should be able to get most of it off.
If any remains, just go over it with a black magic marker.

Nooooooo. I ruined one of my favorite kicks. There was a small stuff of dirt on them, so I took some Jason Mark and a brush very lightly ...and this is what I'm left with. (They dried like this)

Wow, that's a shame. You completely rubbed off the finish.

Sorry, I don't think there is any remedy so just wear the hell out of them now.

When looking closely it looks like it's just a bad stain, I didn't rub hard at all. I kinda want to revisit it to see if I can remove it. But I don't wanna make it worse.

No way I'm wearing them like that. If I can't fix it I'm selling :smh:

So I've been trying to unyellow the soles on a few pair of shoes and went with 40 volume creme mainly because it's the cheaper option and watching some other people use it, it seemed just as effective as any other sole sauce and the soles are unyellowed within about a day or two. When I try to do the process on my shoes it does work but the results are extremely slow. it has been about 2 weeks and they do look a lot better than they use to look but as I said before the process seems way slower than it should be. not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just the fact that I'm using 40 volume creme. I apply it all over the yellow areas on the sole, I leave it in the sunlight wrapped up in plastic wrap so that it doesn't dry out and for some reason, everyone else gets better results than I do much faster so I'm just a little confused if anyone can tell me if I'm missing something or if I'm doing something wrong it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What should I use to repair the nubuck on a pair of CDP Hare 7s?  It's just kind of dried out.

Damn bro not the champagnes... F*ck off with Jason Markk. Start using RESHOEVN8R or Crep.

https://reshoevn8r.com/products/complete-system

^^ Heres their washer machine kit its 30 bucks. But before copping this try going to a sneaker repairer and see what he says.

Last edited:
I need some help with an AJ V sole issue. This is NOT oxidation yellowing. In early June I stepped in something that stained part of one of my AJ V's and I didn't realize it for a couple days. By the time I noticed, it was some kind of dried up pinkish brownish dirt-like substance. It might have been pollen from a dead flower bulb that was in my driveway, but I'm not 100% sure. I scraped off the caked gunk and I tried cleaning it with standard shoe cleaner, then scrubbing using water with dish soap, then scrubbing using water with baking soda. I scrubbed it for a few hours and what is seen in the below pics is the condition the shoe is currently in. I know there's Sea Glow out there among other things for dealing with polyurethane discoloration, but as I said this absolutely is NOT oxidation, and I'd rather not leave the shoe baking under the sun for hours on end. Do you guys have ANY suggestions on cleaners at all? Would Mr. Clean Magic Erasers damage this particular sole further? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Im curious to this fix as well. pain pain i too have stepped on a dried flower bulb and didnt notice it had discolored (stained) the soles until i got home to check. Happened to my jordan 5 pregrapes and my white grape 5s. Im very curious how we can remove these stains. I also have tried all kinds of soap combos.

does anybody know how to clean patent leather?

If you're referring to that post you made 15 hours ago with the scuff, acetone/nail polish remover can take that out. You'd just want to make sure you don't apply too much pressure when using it.

For more info just hop on YouTube, search "Patent Leather Scuff Acetone" or something like that, and browse the results.

Any help on removing ink from receipts on icey/clear soles... any help would b appreciated...

Attachments

• 20170721_123924.jpeg
    20170721_123924.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom