:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hello can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of scrapes and scuffs off of 2016 and 2017 airmax thanks

Scraps and scuffs are tough to get rid of completely.
Try a very fine grit of sandpaper and see if you can smooth out the scrap by removing the outer layer of the material.
Depending on the color and material I'm sure you can make it look better.

IMG_5124.JPG
how can I clean this?

Is that ink?

Baby wipes ok? Or not? Also silica packs found in like packets of tortillas are they ok to put inside shoes for storing?

Any tips on what I can use to fix the seams on a pair of Air Max 95s?

EDIT: And a shoe glue one can recommend?

Last edited:
How do I fix the scuffing and discoloration on my Melos? (First image)
How do I fix the creases on the midsoles of my Black Cats? (Second Image)

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
How do I fix the scuffing and discoloration on my Melos? (First image)
How do I fix the creases on the midsoles of my Black Cats? (Second Image)

No idea on the yellowing on first pic. I personally dont know of any solutions.

For the Black Cats, that wrinkling from compressing the PU material is permanent and there to stay.

Any idea how to clean this brown mark off that's on the midsole?

This wasn't on the shoes originally when I bought them brand new off Finish Line back in 2009.

Screen+Shot+2017-08-06+at+7.42.55+PM.png

Accidentally got acetone on my 1s.. How do I remove the stain? help pls

I'd first see what happens with a wet paper towel or something, assuming that you didn't bother doing that or using a cleaner already.

If it's no good, then you might've actually removed the paint right there and would need to grab a bit of black paint and a cotton swab in order to lightly reapply the color.

Thx, got the white stuff out with dish washer soap, but now it has a tan spot.. not really noticable til the light hits it.. oh well, might look into the paint stuff.

Any idea how to clean this brown mark off that's on the midsole?

This wasn't on the shoes originally when I bought them brand new off Finish Line back in 2009.

Screen+Shot+2017-08-06+at+7.42.55+PM.png

Just to be clear, you're saying the brown discoloration occurred naturally over time and the shoes are still DS and not worn?

If this is the case I have never seen this before. I've seen discolorations in the soles before but always black or the normal yellowing. It looks like paint at first glance. Does the stain permeate into the material or is it just on the surface layer?

The mesh on my concords is still white but over the years little stains here and there. What are you guy using as of recent to clean the mesh? Always wanted to they a tide pen cause it seemed like the simplest way but tide pens smear and theres always some left over semblance of the stain.

nikerider nikerider yea, these are 100% DS and never been worn.

They've been basically been sitting in my closet since I've had them (I have 2 pairs w/ one that I've worn so that's why this pair been DS).

It's hard to tell for sure but I wanna say it's more on the surface layer of the sole.

Would Jason Markk cleaner be able to brush this out you think? Is Jason Markk able to be used on the clear soles like on Jordan 11's?

There was a post before mine where someone was asking about cleaning a stain on his Jordan 11 midsoles too and he said it was an ink stain.

I did keep the OG receipt in the box w/ the shoes so it's possibly the receipt ink rubbing off on the shoes over all these years?

Just to be clear, you're saying the brown discoloration occurred naturally over time and the shoes are still DS and not worn?

If this is the case I have never seen this before. I've seen discolorations in the soles before but always black or the normal yellowing. It looks like paint at first glance. Does the stain permeate into the material or is it just on the surface layer?

Does anyone know how to get black ink from a pen of these BHM Lebron 14s
IMG_5124.JPG

does anyone know the best stuff to glue the outer sole back onto the bottom of a foamposite one?
heard several different opinions.. just trying to find the one that works best.
also -- the sole for the black cement 3s?

does anyone know the best stuff to glue the outer sole back onto the bottom of a foamposite one?
heard several different opinions.. just trying to find the one that works best.
also -- the sole for the black cement 3s?
I've heard barge infinity cement works well

Does Sole bright discolor blue soles? Looking to get stains out of the soles of my SC-3 and can't seem to get it through cleaning.

has anyone found a good non-acetone way to strip midsoles?

i've seen some of these cats selling this stuff but i'm not paying $25 for a bottle holding enough to strip three bloody pairs when it's probably something easily found like when someone discovered 40 developer instead of all this "sole sauce" stuff

Back
Top Bottom