:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

reshoevn8r, the oils (jojoba and coconut) do a great job at reconditioning and will not damage anything on that shoe. use a soft bristle brush on the uppers and you will be fine.
Trying to soften up the leather before wearing them. They're so dry from being DS. The tongue is still super soft though. Thanks for the reply I will check out reshoevn8r!

Yo! I'm the brand manager for ForceField (a sneaker protection and cleaning company). I've got a few ForceField shoe care kits laying around the office that I'd be happy to send out to anyone who'd like to try us out. Shoot me a PM with your name and mailing address and I'll get one out to you. I have 30 kits - first come first serve until they are all gone. Thanks!

The kit comes with everything you see here (some kits have a towel and some don't unfortunately. I have a mix of both)
FF-Premium-Kit-Family-Photo-10-17-Flattened.png

Yo! I'm the brand manager for ForceField (a sneaker protection and cleaning company). I've got a few ForceField shoe care kits laying around the office that I'd be happy to send out to anyone who'd like to try us out. Shoot me a PM with your name and mailing address and I'll get one out to you. I have 30 kits - first come first serve until they are all gone. Thanks!

The kit comes with everything you see here (some kits have a towel and some don't unfortunately. I have a mix of both)
FF-Premium-Kit-Family-Photo-10-17-Flattened.png

I'd love to give this a try if you have any left. Ran out of Jason Mark yesterday and have been looking at something new. Thanks for offering to the NT community!

Anyone know if its safe to use pieces of lint roller (or scotch tape) to lay on the insoles then slowly peeling it off to grab unnecessary pet hair etc off the insoles? I Just want to make sure the lint roller strips wont be pulling off any unnecessary fabrics or logos on the insoles, or create any new fuzzy wuzzys by messing up anything.

Anyone know if its safe to use pieces of lint roller (or scotch tape) to lay on the insoles then slowly peeling it off to grab unnecessary pet hair etc off the insoles? I Just want to make sure the lint roller strips wont be pulling off any unnecessary fabrics or logos on the insoles, or create any new fuzzy wuzzys by messing up anything.
If you can't remove the hair by dragging your fingernail over it and letting it fall out then you can use tweezers to pull them out. A lint shaver can be used anywhere there is no logo or pattern.

Will any glue work for this?

the grey sole came detached from the midsole .. small but annoying

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_091050.jpg
    IMG_20180329_091050.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20180329_090653.jpg
    IMG_20180329_090653.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Is using baby wipes a safe method to wipe the bottom of your shoes after every wear? What do you guys use? I figure if its safe enough for baby skin it shouldn't be damaging to the shoe material, although I know some baby wipes have a lotion type of ingredient to it.

The grey plastic lace things on my Jordan IV breds are starting to yellow. Since they're plastic I'm guessing sole sauce won't work so I'm probably going to attempt to paint them any advice on brand and color of paint?
20180401_212117.jpg

Will any glue work for this?

the grey sole came detached from the midsole .. small but annoying
need better pics

Is using baby wipes a safe method to wipe the bottom of your shoes after every wear? What do you guys use? I figure if its safe enough for baby skin it shouldn't be damaging to the shoe material, although I know some baby wipes have a lotion type of ingredient to it.
wont hurt them, avoid anything with bleach.

The grey plastic lace things on my Jordan IV breds are starting to yellow. Since they're plastic I'm guessing sole sauce won't work so I'm probably going to attempt to paint them any advice on brand and color of paint?
20180401_212117.jpg
pretty sure the grey is cement sold by angelus, the black plastics are just flat black. you'll need a heat gun to make sure you don't see paint lines. you can also blend grey and white angelus paint to get the right shade.

Can somebody give me the pros and cons of putting shoes in ziplock freezer baggies? I'm thinking about putting my DS Doernbacher 4s in them to keep the soles icy? Or is it better to shrink wrap em with a blow dryer? Thanks for any help.

I’m sure this gets asked a lot but I couldn’t find a good answer on google —

Is the garage OK for long term storage of all my worn shoes on a rack? I just moved into a new spot and would like to keep the living area clear from a bunch of shoes laying around

I live in NorCal where it’s cold when it’s cold and hot when it’s hot and not too much humidity.

I’m worried about midsoles yellowing over time and also icy soles

I’m worried about midsoles yellowing over time and also icy soles
bugs should be your biggest concern, your shoes will yellow even if they are kept in a dark room in a cool 65 degree dry climate.
They best you can do is take the paper out, put them in a ziploc bag & open the bag squeeze the midsole every year or something.

Can somebody give me the pros and cons of putting shoes in ziplock freezer baggies? I'm thinking about putting my DS Doernbacher 4s in them to keep the soles icy? Or is it better to shrink wrap em with a blow dryer? Thanks for any help.
Don't shrink wrap your kicks, people have been doing this for decades and for decades folks have been unwrapping crumbling soles. I think shrinkwrap makes sense for 2-3 years tops. Never apply heat to your kicks, the paint cracks, especially 4s.
Throw them in a freezer bag & leave some air in.

I wanted to know what conditioner or cleaner yall are using to wipe the jordan 1s.I know glitter gate is mentioned a lot, dont kill me yall! . My Bred 1s look like a gliiter bag. Thanks In advance family.

I have a pair of 18s in which the tongue leather has a slight brownish color. How can I restore the leather to white?

Got these Royal 1's in a week or two ago; left shoe has these two weird vertical creases on the same panel. Can't imagine how they got them but any idea on how to get rid of them?
IMG_1988.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1985.JPG

I wanted to know what conditioner or cleaner yall are using to wipe the jordan 1s.I know glitter gate is mentioned a lot, dont kill me yall! . My Bred 1s look like a gliiter bag. Thanks In advance family.

Baby wipes, reshoevn8r wipes, more than a few companies make them they all pretty much work the same, nothing with bleach or alcohol lol.

The tags on my gamma 12s are yellowing should I paint them or use salon care 40
can you be more specific lol the jumpman tag, the sku tag lol? i'm assuming you mean the jumpman tag on the midsole, you can try salon care and it should work. paint will work also, angelus sells it in their collection. i try to keep things as close to how they were sent to me so i'm a fan of not painting unless i have too.

I have a pair of 18s in which the tongue leather has a slight brownish color. How can I restore the leather to white?
paint is the only option.

Got these Royal 1's in a week or two ago; left shoe has these two weird vertical creases on the same panel. Can't imagine how they got them but any idea on how to get rid of them?

stuff it and iron it with an old tshirt as a buffer (plain t shirts like an undershirt works best) with the iron on low.

stuff it and iron it with an old tshirt as a buffer (plain t shirts like an undershirt works best) with the iron on low.
Thanks man. I’ve seen some videos of the ironing technique, should the shirt be damp at all? Or would dry be okay?

Thanks man. I’ve seen some videos of the ironing technique, should the shirt be damp at all? Or would dry be okay?

Yes you can use light moisture (my iron has levels you can set after filling with water) or just wet the shirt and wring it out so that it's not dripping. Just make sure the tshirt is plain, you don't want any color or anything ironing off the shirt onto the shoes.

Anybody have any idea where I can get a replacement jumpmn for my DMP 11? It is cracked and half the leg fell off on the right shoe

I'm not sure if this would be the spot to ask this but I'm not sure where else.

I'm getting ready to move states and am looking for ideas or recommendations on transporting between 40-50 pairs? 12 of which are already in the Container Store sneaker cubbies.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom