:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Whats the best white paint to use on white midsole (I am trying to clean my air max 90, the white midsole is all dirty and scratch up) get back ASAPNT..THANKS!

Originally Posted by Kicksaholic215

Whats the best white paint to use on white midsole (I am trying to clean my air max 90, the white midsole is all dirty and scratch up) get back ASAP NT..THANKS!
angelus paint, google turtle feathers

Originally Posted by Israeln23

Is stuffing your sneakers with paper bad when you store them?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
i store mine with plastic bags, i am not a big fan of paper because when you take it out, it can tear and leave behind paper residue.

so go with plastic, like grocery store bags.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by Kicksaholic215

Whats the best white paint to use on white midsole (I am trying to clean my air max 90, the white midsole is all dirty and scratch up) get back ASAP NT..THANKS!
angelus paint, google turtle feathers

thanks!

what do you mean^^^

they look pretty good. iron those creases out and get some sea glow on those bottoms your good to go

ill take em for a cheap price hahaha

A quick question before I start crying: Once my OG Grapes have cracked, is there anything I can do so I can where them again?
frown.gif

I used barkeepers friend on my XIs yesterday and they turned out like this . i got the mixture perfect (paste like) and followed the directions. anything icould do to fix them?
eyes.gif

& anything i could do about these infrareds?

So is it good or not to put your shoes in a Ziploc bag? Can anybody give me some tips that work for them. i plan on storing some kicks until maybe nextsummer

does anyone know if bar keepers works on the sole of my concords?
i pretty sure it only works on mesh but just curious

^^^pretty sure it only works on whitening fabrics but i guess i could be wrong.

usually good for mesh materials like concords and snakes for example. sea glow is used for yellowed solees

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

usually good for mesh materials like concords and snakes for example. sea glow is used for yellowed solees

+1 I think it is best used for mesh but still use it sparingly. And snakes don't have mesh by the way.

Originally Posted by sdkicks

Originally Posted by freshdunks44

+1 I think it is best used for mesh but still use it sparingly. And snakes don't have mesh by the way.

Your right....still can be used on snakes though (the white part) but i said that cause i have seen it used on the small mesh strap things that the laces gothrough. seen people turn those from yellow to icey white
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ebpo

A quick question before I start crying: Once my OG Grapes have cracked, is there anything I can do so I can where them again?
frown.gif
pics?? most likely no
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

I used barkeepers friend on my XIs yesterday and they turned out like this . i got the mixture perfect (paste like) and followed the directions. anything i could do to fix them?
eyes.gif

i am guessing you didnt was out the BKF after you used it?? and the infrareds, try a suede dye which you can buy on turtle feathers i think

Originally Posted by DaTopCat85

My flint 13s are bleeding. is there anything i can do for them?
pics? dont think so...unless you can wash it out, which is very unlikely. or use a dye, which is very risky.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

So is it good or not to put your shoes in a Ziploc bag? Can anybody give me some tips that work for them. i plan on storing some kicks until maybe next summer
i dont have any in bags, i heard its not good because you need to let the leather breath. the older the kicks, more the rish. anything from 2001+you should be fine storing in a bag. the big difference maker is, if the shoe is wearable now then it should be good. if the midsole is soft just a little bit,is where you start taking the risk. hope this helps. if you pm me pics of the shoes, i can help you out in more detail.

I bought some blue paint for my mili 4s. Should I be good or should I buy a different shade like sapphaire blue?????

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

I bought some blue paint for my mili 4s. Should I be good or should I buy a different shade like sapphaire blue?????
paint a little sample on a piece of paper, let it dry and then you will know what you need.

I used barkeepers friend on my XIs yesterday and they turned out like this . i got the mixture perfect (paste like) and followed the directions. anything i could do to fix them?
eyes.gif

i am guessing you didnt was out the BKF after you used it?? and the infrareds, try a suede dye which you can buy on turtle feathers i think

i did wash it out . what do i do ?

eyes.gif

i did wash it out . what do i do ?

try it again...

^if the color is still staying like this, you might want to consider using a bleach pen or maybe using rit whitener if you're not happy using the bkf. washout as much as you can before you use rit so it doesn't counter-react. and be careful with the bleach so you don't damage the material of the shoes.good luck.

Originally Posted by Castelan22

how to clean CDP 17s Help!
i dont have these but i would assume just use a suede/nubuck clener. dont apply to much pressure, because you do not want to damage thematerial.

Originally Posted by bopeng0

how do i darkin the toe of my playoff 8s anyone
and cdp 17s toe is greyish now
8s- try a suede dye....http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/suede.html
17s- suede/nubuck clener

sooo i repainted the midsoles on my wc 3's a couple of days ago...and i wore them today and i noticed a scuff on the black part that wraps around themidsole soooo i tried to wipe it with water and a face towel and noticed that i wiped a small area of where i repainted. i'm assuming i wiped too hard? butquestion is...how many layers should i paint sooo i can avoid accidentally chipping/wiping down an area that i repainted? thanks

Back
Top Bottom