:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What's the best way to clean the tongue of my cdp carmine 6'z?? Someone told me to through them in a pillow case and toss them in the wash? Any neighsayers?

Lmk

Posting here as well because the Varsity Red VI's thread is a mess.

I got this (see picture below) to waterproof the [color= rgb(0, 0, 102)]suede[/color] on mybrand new Air Jordan Retro 6 Varsity Red/Black because I couldn't get a hold ofthe Timberland Balm previously suggested in this thread.

proofah.jpg

Is this any good?

How much of it should I spray on the shoes?

Do I have to take the laces off before spraying it?

Should I waterproof the sole as well?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yo retri I work for footlocker,and if you read the instructions on the side,you should be pretty good,just make sure your not to close when applying a good 8 inches should do it and don't forget to let it dry thoroughly then re-apply

Oh but I gotta add that the timberland balm is definitely the winner if I had to choose just putting that out there

thanks a lot twizzi.

Unfortunately the aforementioned Balm doesn't seem to be available at the Timberland stores in my town (checked 3 of them to no avail, I don't think there's any left TBH lol) so this will do.

just a quick question. Is storing your DS sneakers in ziplock bags the best way to preserve sneakers? I've heard mixed things about this method. Has anyone had any problems with this?

This sounds terrible and the smell is terrible but how do I get the smell of a dead mouse out of the soles on the XVI? I left them in the closet on the floor and a mouse must of got stuck under them and died and it smells bad. The mouse problem is solved so I don't need help with that lol.

Damm...
smh.gif
,might I suggest spraying the soles with febreeze let'em air out and dry,then before and after you put them back in the shoe put some baby powder

I have seen someone around NT before that has something about "restoring shoes, PM for info" in their sig...Can anybody point me to them or know someone who does this?

Got a pair of 00 SJ's recently from a resell shop. On one of the shoes, the sole is falling off from the toe to about 5 inches back. Looks like the person before me already tried gluing it with something, but it didn't work....

Glue and seaglow and they will be good to go. I would rather pay someone who knows what they are doing rather than mess them up myself....

Oh and if you got like the tissue paper from any new pair kicks you brough stuff'em with that and let'em sit for a few days,lmk if that works out

i have the caro V s and i wanna know whats the best blk and white paint to touch up the blk bottoms and some of the white teeth ,i need an answer asap as iam about to leave to buy it

if you can get your hands on some angelus brand paint, it's your best bet...and you'll need duller to go with it

Originally Posted by onlyjays9P

This sounds terrible and the smell is terrible but how do I get the smell of a dead mouse out of the soles on the XVI? I left them in the closet on the floor and a mouse must of got stuck under them and died and it smells bad. The mouse problem is solved so I don't need help with that lol.

clean them up as best you can and put them in a box sprinkled with baking soda (about a tablespoon). In a few days to a week the smell should be gone.

Would any body recommend rain & stain protector spray on my griffeys???? i wanna do it but im a lil nervous.. ive never done it before... thank you

I have infrareds with sole chipping / bit of cracking
it was probably posted on here before but i cant read all these pages.

will angelus alone do a good job, do they have a color similar ot infrared?

thnx

Originally Posted by Generic TM

thnx
if it's paint cracking/chipping angelus paint would be you're best bet.
but sad thing is, is that they don't have an "infrared" color you have to mix different colors to get it.
which i have no clue what colors you can mix to get infrared
eyes.gif

QUESTION- Has anyone tried Contact Cement rather than Shoe Goo for re gluing soles? I'm curious as to whether it flexes like shoe gooo does.

I've used barge cement to reglue the soles on a pair of OG uptempos and it worked great; apply to both parts that you want to adhere, wait 10-15 minutes and put the parts together. Clamp and allow 24 hrs for the bond to cure and they're good to go

I need help on my cool grey III'sthe nubuck is discoloring and have a black mark and the side .HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, don't forget to use gloves, mice are exceptional leptospirosis carriers and that s hit can kill you in the long run.

"The infection is commonly transmitted to humans by allowing water that has been contaminated by animal urine to come in contact with unhealed breaks in the skin, eyes or with the mucous membranes."

I'd just get rid of the shoes by burning em down along with whatever was in the lower portion of the closet at the time but that's just me.

whats good guys i was just wondering if theres a way to take the yellowing off the back heels of the white/black/red 2's

Originally Posted by AlexF

Would any body recommend rain & stain protector spray on my griffeys???? i wanna do it but im a lil nervous.. ive never done it before... thank you
You will be more than fine... just spray a light amount on it completly... they should dry in like 5 mins like let them get wet tho... dont just put a mist lol

Sorry for the delay guys. i got banned for a week, for something stupid...
grin.gif

anyways.

Originally Posted by sugarshane

okparty people. i have a pair of carolina XI lows and their is some mildseparation of the midsole from the patent leather. whats the best wayto handle this?is superglue ok? or what is the best way to reglue them? the separationis up near the area where the shoe flexes when you walk. its not badright now but idont want it to progress.
use some type of flexible glue.
Originally Posted by SWADE23

ONTHE WHITE,BLACK AND RED 9'S. MY MID SOLES ARE YELLOWING, IS THE SANDINGOF THE MID SOLES THE BEST/EASIEST WAY TO MADE THEM WHITE AGAIN?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

sanding with 200 grit sandpaper is best. you can also repaint.
Originally Posted by homer420

is it really true that the paper inside the box turns the shoe yellow?

i HIGHLY doubt it.

Originally Posted by twizzi

What'sthe best way to clean the tongue of my cdp carmine 6'z?? Someone toldme to through them in a pillow case and toss them in the wash? Anyneighsayers?

Lmk
pictures?

Thissounds terrible and the smell is terrible but how do I get the smell ofa dead mouse out of the soles on the XVI? I left them in the closet onthe floor and a mouse must of got stuck under them and died and itsmells bad. The mouse problem is solved so I don't need help with thatlol.
try a shoe refreshener. if you really dont care about the shoe, you can throw them in the washer.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Ihave seen someone around NT before that has something about "restoringshoes, PM for info" in their sig...Can anybody point me to them or knowsomeone who does this?

Got a pair of 00 SJ's recently from a resell shop. On one of the shoes,the sole is falling off from the toe to about 5 inches back. Looks likethe person before me already tried gluing it with something, but itdidn't work....

Glue and seaglow and they will be good to go. I would rather paysomeone who knows what they are doing rather than mess them upmyself....
dont really know that person is.
but there's a lot of people who do that. i also re-glue shoes.

Originally Posted by nikehead504

ihave the caro V s and i wanna know whats the best blk and white paintto touch up the blk bottoms and some of the white teeth ,i need ananswer asap as iam about to leave to buy it
Angelus paint.

Originally Posted by AlexF

Wouldany body recommend rain & stain protector spray on my griffeys????i wanna do it but im a lil nervous.. ive never done it before... thankyou

yeah you're fine.

Originally Posted by Generic TM

thnx

yes it will do the job.
Somebody on ISS had the perfect mix they claimed. they mentioned it in their Maintenance thread

Originally Posted by King Beezy

I need help on my cool grey III's

the nubuck is discoloring and have a black mark and the side .

HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PICTURES.

Originally Posted by 7Jordan7

whats good guys i was just wondering if theres a way to take the yellowing off the back heels of the white/black/red 2's

Repaint.

I got sj's & v-red VI's & I wanted to know what can I use to slow down the yellowing process b/c I know u can't fully prevent the icey sole from yellowing. I've had my fair share of icey soles but now it's time for me to protect my shoes & bring some back to life.

Back
Top Bottom