:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Do NOT throw your 11s in the wash. Have you ever heard of yellowing? Just find the barkeepers friend.

I have thrown military 4s in the wash, but that turned the mesh and the plastic tabs yellower much faster too. I didnt care because they were beaters.

I threw french blue vii's in the wash, and the leather and tongue area came out IMMACULATELY clean, but the paint washed right off the sides.

I have also thrown several air max 95's in the wash with no problem, even neons. Threw in some oxy clean, and the mesh white part was as good as new. Even the felt material became a little bit softer.

I know I look like a newbie, but I have been in this game for a while now. Any info on painting though would be appreciated. I painted my french blue vii's and they are a perfect match (the carolina blue was hard to mix, not so much the graphite), but it was a flat paint. How can I seal it? Think I can use clear nail polish so I can get that jb shine?

Do NOT throw your 11s in the wash. Have you ever heard of yellowing? Just find the barkeepers friend.

I have thrown military 4s in the wash, but that turned the mesh and the plastic tabs yellower much faster too. I didnt care because they were beaters.

I threw french blue vii's in the wash, and the leather and tongue area came out IMMACULATELY clean, but the paint washed right off the sides.

I have also thrown several air max 95's in the wash with no problem, even neons. Threw in some oxy clean, and the mesh white part was as good as new. Even the felt material became a little bit softer.

I know I look like a newbie, but I have been in this game for a while now. Any info on painting though would be appreciated. I painted my french blue vii's and they are a perfect match (the carolina blue was hard to mix, not so much the graphite), but it was a flat paint. How can I seal it? Think I can use clear nail polish so I can get that jb shine?

What should I use to fix paint chipping on the missile of cool grey 9s and to glue the sole back?
Sorry if it was already posted just didn't feel like reading 168 pages

Anyone know what paint is best to buy to paint over the chipping on the soles of the 3's? I need white and red.

Question on white jordans in general, is there any way to prevent your jeans from bleeding onto the white leather? Would using scotchgard or a stain protector be the best bet?

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

Question on white jordans in general, is there any way to prevent your jeans from bleeding onto the white leather? Would using scotchgard or a stain protector be the best bet?

I have never had this issue!  Maybe because I spray all of my shoes with water proofer before I wear them?

What's the most appropriate way for cleaning soles of XI's (minus the Sea Glow)? After every wear I scrub with a cloth only, and it barely takes the dirt tint out. Could I scrub with soap and water, but dry the crap out of em after?

with XIs I scrub with dish washing liquid (usually ajax or dawn) using a toothbrush. Somtimes I combine the dishwashing liquid w/ a mild household cleaner like 409 or lysol all in one cleaner. simply sraying it on the soles before I hit it up with the soap, water and toothbrush. I make sure I hold the shoe upside down so water, soap, or even chemicals dont get on the rest of the shoe. be sure to apply a lil pressure when scrubbin to really get the dirt and wear off. after thaat rinse off ALL the soap suds using a wet towel or wash rag . keep the water running. Once all the suds are gone, dry the soles with a dry bath towel. make sure u remove all the water off the soles. I usually pop the shoe on the towel until the sole is dry. Sometimes its hard to clean after every wear but thats what I aim for. If not I would atleast try to clean the soles within 2 days of wearing them so you dont give the dirt a chance to sink into the soles. This works for me. dont got sea glow but im sure this works well between seaglo

Check out my custom varsity red VI !!! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Look how they turn INFRARED !!!
(Angelus paint mixed: fire red-tahitian neon pink-parisian neon pink)

What do you guys think?

e! 

Best regards from Greece!!!

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

Originally Posted by tuxracer88

I have never had this issue!  Maybe because I spray all of my shoes with water proofer before I wear them?
thanks for the tip, never tried water proofer, but will give it a try

I have a pair of Bred Jordan 16.5s that have a scuffed toebox and heel. I'm just not sure whether to use nail polish remover or tire wet on them. I haven't heard a consensus on either. Any advice on either of these or should something else be used?

So i havent seen anyone answer this question yet so i need to know what can i use to get the yellow out of the patent leather.

Originally Posted by dhtowng

with XIs I scrub with dish washing liquid (usually ajax or dawn) using a toothbrush. Somtimes I combine the dishwashing liquid w/ a mild household cleaner like 409 or lysol all in one cleaner. simply sraying it on the soles before I hit it up with the soap, water and toothbrush. I make sure I hold the shoe upside down so water, soap, or even chemicals dont get on the rest of the shoe. be sure to apply a lil pressure when scrubbin to really get the dirt and wear off. after thaat rinse off ALL the soap suds using a wet towel or wash rag . keep the water running. Once all the suds are gone, dry the soles with a dry bath towel. make sure u remove all the water off the soles. I usually pop the shoe on the towel until the sole is dry. Sometimes its hard to clean after every wear but thats what I aim for. If not I would atleast try to clean the soles within 2 days of wearing them so you dont give the dirt a chance to sink into the soles. This works for me. dont got sea glow but im sure this works well between seaglo

Method definitely works bro! Just tried it, kicks came out great! Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by manny1

So i havent seen anyone answer this question yet so i need to know what can i use to get the yellow out of the patent leather.

If you are talking about yellow on columbias there is nothing you can do.  I asked this question about a year ago on this thread and that is what I was told.  I tried many cleaners/soaps and didn't have any luck.

I have og xi ive had for a while im tryna restore, only problems are the yellowed mesh and some somewhat green soles. Ive sea glowed the soles and their blue on the outside. but i wanna seaglow the insides. so my question is how do i remove the glue that bonds the sole to the mid sole.

i've read through the first 20 pages, and didn't see what i was looking for....so.....wanted to see if anyone can offer some help....

i have a pr of white/white uptowns....but the midsole has turned yellow.  what can i do to make them white again? 

thanks in advance!

Teeth whitening toothpaste, the fancy kind. It's somewhere in this thread.

Apply it on the sole, let it sit for 5 or 10 minutes, clean it off, repeat 'til you're satisfied.

Originally Posted by ryansoxfan

Originally Posted by manny1

If you are talking about yellow on columbias there is nothing you can do.  I asked this question about a year ago on this thread and that is what I was told.  I tried many cleaners/soaps and didn't have any luck.

thanks i might just have to wear them as is then.

I read on here a while back about another website to get seaglow besides islandgirlproducts, anyone got any info on that?

Foams came with excess glue stains on the foamposite material. Already tried soap and water and adhesive remover and it did not budge. Anyone had good results?

Originally Posted by DeewLay

i've read through the first 20 pages, and didn't see what i was looking for....so.....wanted to see if anyone can offer some help....

i have a pr of white/white uptowns....but the midsole has turned yellow.  what can i do to make them white again? 

thanks in advance!
Peep this thread:
 http://
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/9156461/YELLOWED-MIDSOLES-on-AF1s-any-advice-pls

In a nutshell, lemme quote 1 of the posts:

Originally Posted by Zach13g

wink.gif
check the sneaker showcase restoration post.

you can get this at Walgreen's or even on ebay. ($7-
glasses.gif

34gorhx.jpg

So my flint 13 from 05 or 06, i forget, have been discolored and havebleeding on them so the other day i went to Joanns fabrics, just alocal fabric store in Tampa Florida, and decided to just pick up someacrylic white paint for the pods. I decided on Elmers paint pen and gothome and put it on the pods, now when i let it dry overnight i wake upto brand new looking 13s again!!! here are the pics with and withoutflash

i know this is the Jordan forum, but how i get my foamposites to stop making that squeaky noise? I only worn them about 5 or 6 times

Back
Top Bottom