Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Aren't there 2 different sizes? Replica and Authentic? On WSS they had an option to choose replica or authentic name and numbers but I got the Adizero shirt so I assumed I should get the "authentic" name set

Are they the same? I usually buy shirts pre pressed so I never knew there was a difference

My man tho :pimp:

giphy.gif

I'm not quite sure if there's a replica namesets for replicas and authentic namesets for namesets. First time I've heard this, really. I've always thought there were fan printing/custom printing and the authentic name and number font.

Aren't there 2 different sizes? Replica and Authentic? On WSS they had an option to choose replica or authentic name and numbers but I got the Adizero shirt so I assumed I should get the "authentic" name set

Are they the same? I usually buy shirts pre pressed so I never knew there was a difference

My man tho :pimp:

giphy.gif

I'm not quite sure if there's a replica namesets for replicas and authentic namesets for namesets. First time I've heard this, really. I've always thought there were fan printing/custom printing and the authentic name and number font.

Not too sure exactly how it looks compared to the normal printing. I just see these options

Not too sure exactly how it looks compared to the normal printing. I just see these options

dont do basic.  you always want the authentic lettering whether youre getting a replica jersey or authentic.  basic is the generic nameset they make themselves without the same details as the authentic ones that the team uses.  

Ah ok cool. That's exactly the answer I needed.

I received the shirt and was just going to get the nameset and patches elsewhere.

I just didn't know if basic v authentic meant they were different sizes like the patches are

Last edited:
there are different PL nameset sizes. Kitbag uses the replica ones which are a little smaller but most other sites use the player size when you choose authentic

there are different PL nameset sizes. Kitbag uses the replica ones which are a little smaller but most other sites use the player size when you choose authentic

****. Now I'm thrown off again.

But **** it. Ima just go with the ones he linked me last page :lol:

As long as it's the correct font with the Prem logo in the numbers I'm good

i believe there is a such thing as "player issue" Name sets which are larger than the "Replica" size ones we usually get offered through retail shops. Both authentic/genuine products from Sporting ID but i think acquiring a player issue name set (larger in size) is just harder to come across, im not sure if any shops offer the "player issue" size because i never really looked but i see it available on legit ebay seller shops which state the size/length is bigger than the standard "replica" size that we see everyday. I havent bought one myself, but i've been eyeing a Ozil "player issue" name set from a seller and i noticed that they are usually branded or called as "PS-PRO" print which im sure means the same size and essentially being the player issue size for on field stuff.

Anyone know if eBay seller andyche2013 is legit ? Just wondering because a bought some jerseys from him last year I think it was.

Do NOT get basic printing from WSS. I got basic printing on a Bomb Pop jersey back during the World Cup. It is literally the super basic lettering and numbering that you would use for a child's rec league. I only wore the jersey once or twice because of it. Terrible.

Last edited:

Do NOT get basic printing from WSS. I got basic printing on a Bomb Pop jersey back during the World Cup. It is literally the super basic lettering and numbering that you would use for a child's rec league. I only wore the jersey once or twice because of it. Terrible.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

that's so bad its funny and i would be heated.  i just always thought when wss and soccer.com did basic, they would get the font and size and color as close to to the authentic nameset, basically a nameset without the logo on the bottom of he numbers.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

that's so bad its funny and i would be heated.  i just always thought when wss and soccer.com did basic, they would get the font and size and color as close to to the authentic nameset, basically a nameset without the logo on the bottom of he numbers.
Yeah I was pretty pissed haha. Upper90 in Brooklyn has authentic and basic, but it's like you said. Basic is BASICALLY the same, but missing a few details. Not a completely different name set like WSS.

Nice. Is it legit? Didn't think they released an authentic version of that jersey for some reason.

To my knowledge it is legit since its made in Sri Lanka. All USA match and stadium jerseys from the 2014 WC and 2015 away were made there. A jersey made anywhere else during those years would be a dead giveaway that its a fake. Also it has a printed wash label so this one may have come straight from the kit room.

Interestingly the only other way one was able get a match version of this jersey was by being one of the first five people to purchase the jersey off the nike football app the day it released or do soccer related reviews. It also came in a nice presentation box.
Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-10.52.01-AM.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Any chance on a Hulk or a Witsel 14/15 Home nameset?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom