Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

The only good thing about the Super Mario Bros. film was all of the production stories that came out years later.

Same with Street Fighter.

giphy.gif

And then Coolio started playing....

giphy.gif
:rofl:

But in all honesty they should delay this movie until next year and change Sonic's voice actor and fix sonic's face.

Nah I say they could’ve easily translated Sonic’s in game design to the big screen

I’d rather have an off putting accurate design than have what we got

Even if it didn’t translate as well, if it was accurate at the very least there would be zero complaining if you were a Sonic fan

This is just the result of Sega giving it’s property to Paramount with 100% creative control and no one from Sega to oversee production

The Mario Movie coming out next year is a good example, it’s being made by Illumination and Nintendo is said to be heavily involved in the production so as not to have a movie studio present Mario in any other way than what Nintendo says is right

Even the creator of Sonic himself came out and bashed the design

This whole thing is a big wash

b70.jpg

Really gives perspective. Thing on the left just LOL.

detective Pikachu says otherwise.

could've kept his OG style and just made him more tangible to da human world.

Design wise the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu are realistic and proportioned. They don't look cartoony.

1044754.jpg

Copy/pasting Sonic from a PS3 cutscene into a live action feature film doesn't work.

Does Sonic look good in this? Hell naw, but the design is the least of this movie's problems.

Last edited:
Design wise the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu are realistic and proportioned. They don't look cartoony.

1044754.jpg

Copy/pasting Sonic from a PS3 cutscene into a live action feature film doesn't work.

Does Sonic look good in this? Hell naw, but the design is the least of this movie's problems.

what you mean? subtract da fur asthetics and its still OG proportioned pokemon.

At least with Pikachu they hired someone who was really passionate about the original design while bringing them to a realistic setting(see here). It looks like they just let someone freestyle with the Sonic design.

For some reason Headchog popped in my head while watching the trailer.

huh.

I couldn’t even watch the whole trailer with the sound off. Wow

Lol same here fam, I'm at the office and I stopped about halfway. :smh::smh::smh:

Btw are studios paying Coolio royalties for that track? Or is he literally just letting anyone use it? 'Cos I see no relation between SEGA/Sonic & Coolio/Dangerous Minds.

If they were going for 'period correctness' then something from Yuzo/MJ's catalog or even a cover of OG Sonic 1-3 BGM would've been better.

At least with Pikachu they hired someone who was really passionate about the original design while bringing them to a realistic setting(see here). It looks like they just let someone freestyle with the Sonic design.
And you know Hal and Nintendo is not letting them have any liberties with their characters. Sega DGAF

Back
Top Bottom