OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I like the blackjack idea better because it is a faster come up with money. But Im not much of a player anyway. I like the idea of following a trend or something especially when you have money backed into it. Ill wait on investing for now and continue to lurk

Wouldn't be a bad idea to pay off any CCs or other debts you have just for peace of mind, start stacking chips for an emergency fund if you don't already have one, THEN get into investing

Do yourself a favor and burn it. You don't know what you're doing and will lose. Either study and learn or stay away.

I have 9k in my fidelity account chilling waiting for me to invest it. Just haven't had the time to do the homework on where I should invest. Prob gonna roll it over into an IRA with vanguard.

[h1]SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT NT STOCK GAME[/h1]
The first game ends on June 12. The second game will tentatively start on June 19 or June 26.

IDEAS/THOUGHTS

- What should the new starting balance be? $50k?

- Should there be a limit on # of trades?

- No ETFs/indices? Only single name stocks?

We had a solid turnout of 9 players in the first game. We hope to get more in the next game with more idea sharing.

Last edited:
I have 9k in my fidelity account chilling waiting for me to invest it. Just haven't had the time to do the homework on where I should invest. Prob gonna roll it over into an IRA with vanguard.

I would wait for the next dip in the market anyway. Market right now on a higggggggh.

and buy an S&P 500 ETF with that money

any further guidance on which s&p500 to check for?

vanguard

The first game ends on June 12. The second game will tentatively start on June 19 or June 26.

IDEAS/THOUGHTS

We had a solid turnout of 9 players in the first game. We hope to get more in the next game with more idea sharing.

i'd say 100k.

keep ETFs in, if a player wants to go with index investing and beats everybody then more power to him (and shame on the others that can't beat the market on a 6 months span :lol: )

what about making the game shorter? isn't 6 months pretty long? I just feel like a ton of player were active in the beginning and then fell off.

IDEAS/THOUGHTS

50k is more relatable for the majority of us I think. We're not simulating a 401k or IRA, but a brokerage account right?
No limit.
I'm good with or without ETFs. We should make a dummy account that invests 100% into SPY just for comparison's sake though.

Out here riding this TSLA wave with the Stop loss on deck should it dip below my target.

TSLA still a risky game at this point and honestly the new rating that came out with a TP of 368 just sounds crazy to me. Feel like something is up behind the scenes pushing this but im gon ride it out tho

I need to run a valuation that accounts for an upside scenario with new products and markets taken into account before saying for sure that nothings fishy. All I can think of for sure is that people are realizing Tesla isn't limited to being a car company anymore. Between energy storage, cars and selling their services to other manufacturers, there's probably a high upside most aren't taking into account. As a diversified company, they may well be worth 60 billion.

IDEAS/THOUGHTS

In. Why not start earlier?

I need to run a valuation that accounts for an upside scenario with new products and markets taken into account before saying for sure that nothings fishy. All I can think of for sure is that people are realizing Tesla isn't limited to being a car company anymore. Between energy storage, cars and selling their services to other manufacturers, there's probably a high upside most aren't taking into account. As a diversified company, they may well be worth 60 billion.

Excellent point, its funny to think that all the attention that Musk gets that people still sleep on this guy especially with the points made. People laughed when he bought Solar city (which is also 1 exit away from Tesla in the Nummi location) but it actually fits nicely with his goal of clean energy.

Excellent point, its funny to think that all the attention that Musk gets that people still sleep on this guy especially with the points made. People laughed when he bought Solar city (which is also 1 exit away from Tesla in the Nummi location) but it actually fits nicely with his goal of clean energy.

for as much as he has achieved, it wasn't like either tesla, solarcity, or spaceX were easy businesses to get into, there was considerable risk...i believe each of which required him to infuse some not inconsequential amount of his personal wealth to get each back up...

Lost several thousand dollars last week on option trades :smh:. The market thinking we were going to war really ruined every call I had, but whatever. Everything I lost was money I made previously, only profit money.

I made what I would consider a good amount without options, just taking a couple of hundred here and there and it did add up overall. I'm done with options for now, unless I see some crazy dip occur. Going to just keep doing what had previously worked for me and slowly build up a nice amount hopefully, very slow and steady.

Posting this in case someone getting into stocks reads here. I had a good "system" that was making me money for a while and I tried to take a huge shortcut and get into something new and failed. Obviously I went about it the wrong way, but if something just works, keep at it.

Last edited:
Lost several thousand dollars last week on option trades
mean.gif
. The market thinking we were going to war really ruined every call I had, but whatever. Everything I lost was money I made previously, only profit money.

I made what I would consider a good amount without options, just taking a couple of hundred here and there and it did add up overall. I'm done with options for now, unless I see some crazy dip occur. Going to just keep doing what had previously worked for me and slowly build up a nice amount hopefully, very slow and steady.

Posting this in case someone getting into stocks reads here. I had a good "system" that was making me money for a while and I tried to take a huge shortcut and get into something new and failed. Obviously I went about it the wrong way, but if something just works, keep at it.
what strategies did take when you took the shortcut?

Lost several thousand dollars last week on option trades :smh:. The market thinking we were going to war really ruined every call I had, but whatever. Everything I lost was money I made previously, only profit money.

sorry to hear about that but its all part of the game. I invested in UAA around 37 and now its trading at 18-20 im down about 5k.

Im interested in learning about options. Thinking about taking a course online.

AMZN & GOOG
eek.gif
I gotta buy some F'ing GOOG. 

Amazon doing big things, and I love my position super long-term (20+ years), however I can't help but think this thing is going to hit sub $600 again in the next few years. I'll probably hold my position instead of trying to time it, but I don't think I'll be adding anything to it anytime soon. 

Back
Top Bottom