OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

All the big performers this year having a rough day

not sure what is causing the falling prices for AMZ and Goog tho

I understand Tesla is an anomaly but those 2 above have the technicals and deliverables to back the current pricing up

DOW on the other hand having a nice day

does anyone in here also mess with cryptocurrency?

I got 22 shares of AMZN at $162 but today still hurts.

Can hurt that bad when you've been holding for over 5 years and no divdend payments to roll with it

I kid I kid

your still doing great tho. would be sweeter if that purchase was in a Roth IRa that is a true come up

OMG!!!! Amazon at 958!!!!! We are going down boys

Sweet mother of god. sell it all, put it all under your mattress

My $JD calls have tanked so hard as well
I got 22 shares of AMZN at $162 but today still hurts.
Can hurt that bad when you've been holding for over 5 years and no divdend payments to roll with it

I kid I kid

your still doing great tho. would be sweeter if that purchase was in a Roth IRa that is a true come up
laugh.gif
 I'm too scared to be a baller like that. Roth IRA is nearly all Vanguard's S&P 500 mutual fund  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

As of right now, Top 5 Roth IRA holdings:

1. AMZN

2. GOOGL

3. TSLA

4. NKE

5. MPC

Of the five I can see TSLA taking a dive in the next year or so and also Amazon, depending on if growth continues to slow. 

[h1]OFFICIAL NT STOCK GAME VOL. 2 (SUMMER 17)[/h1]

[h2]LINK TO GAME HERE[/h2]

After the successful first NT Stock Game, we are back for Volume 2. This game will be shorter-term (3 months) with a lower starting balance of $50k. Volume 2 hopes to simulate more real world portfolios.

Because of the incoming summer, the game's start date will be June 26, 2017. This will also allow for more member participation.

=========================================================

REGISTRATION
**If you already have a Marketwatch account from the first game, please use that email to log into your account.**

1.) Please sign up for a new Marketwatch account on the top of the main page. Marketwatch will send an email to your email address to confirm your account.
2.) First name should be NT. Last name should be your username. Example: NT Slighted
3.) This game is private. Password = NTYAMBS (all caps)
4.) When your account is created, open the link above, enter the password, and click blue button TRADE NOW!

RULES
- The game will run from June 26, 2017 to August 31, 2017. New participants can NOT join after the start date. Please sign up before June 26.
- All symbols can be traded.
- Short selling and margin selling are allowed.
- Starting balance is $50,000.
- Commission/fee per trade is $5. There is no limit on amount of daily trades.
- Participants will be able to view each others' portfolios.
- You can place your trades now, but they will only take effect on the June 26 start date.
- Please bookmark the link to the game for easier access.

DUMMY ACCOUNT
- As requested by several NT members, there will be a dummy account in this game that will only invest in the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO). This account will be created and managed by @Slighted

- If this account wins the game, shame on all of you deliciously debonair degenerates.

REWARDS
- The winner of this game on August 31, 2017 will receive e-kudos and a slightly used fleshlight.
:lol:

This summer is gonna be a bloodbath.

Bought a couple $1005 Calls on Amazon today just for kicks. Figured it would flirt with $1000 again but thought it had no chance of being in the money by the end of the day.

When it got to $1000 I sold em for a couple hundred dollars profit, then it shot up past $1005. I was sick :lol:

Stock is crazy right now but I sense a pullback looming.

Tried to time the pullback by playing the put side earlier in the week...bought $980 puts that cost around $150 each...as AMZN climbed up at the beginning of the week, the value of the contracts plummeted....went down to $50 each and I got out on Friday morning.

Couple of minutes later, those same puts that I sold for $50 each were now worth $3,500 each.

It was just a speculative shot in the dark made on intuition and some basic charting, so I didn't really hedge the investment, setup a spread or buy contracts with an expiration further out.

But man, this market is really a trip. Had I had held those contracts for literally 5 minutes longer, I would've been balling this weekend.

Last edited:
 [h1]OFFICIAL NT STOCK GAME VOL. 2 (SUMMER 17)[/h1][h2]LINK TO GAME HERE[/h2]
After the successful first NT Stock Game, we are back for Volume 2. This game will be shorter-term (3 months) with a lower starting balance of $50k. Volume 2 hopes to simulate more real world portfolios.

Because of the incoming summer, the game's start date will be June 26, 2017. This will also allow for more member participation.

=========================================================

REGISTRATION

**If you already have a Marketwatch account from the first game, please use that email to log into your account.**

1.) Please sign up for a new Marketwatch account on the top of the main page. Marketwatch will send an email to your email address to confirm your account.

2.) First name should be NT. Last name should be your username. Example: NT Slighted

3.) This game is private. Password = NTYAMBS (all caps)

4.) When your account is created, open the link above, enter the password, and click blue button TRADE NOW!

RULES

- The game will run from June 26, 2017 to August 31, 2017. New participants can NOT join after the start date. Please sign up before June 26.

- All symbols can be traded.

- Short selling and margin selling are allowed.

- Starting balance is $50,000.

- Commission/fee per trade is $5. There is no limit on amount of daily trades.

- Participants will be able to view each others' portfolios.

- You can place your trades now, but they will only take effect on the June 26 start date.

- Please bookmark the link to the game for easier access.

DUMMY ACCOUNT

- As requested by several NT members, there will be a dummy account in this game that will only invest in the Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (VOO). This account will be created and managed by @Slighted

- If this account wins the game, shame on all of you deliciously debonair degenerates.

REWARDS

- The winner of this game on August 31, 2017 will receive e-kudos and a slightly used fleshlight.

[h1]The official winner of the inaugural NT Stock Game is @Noskey[/h1]
Thanks to everyone who participated. As organizer, I will be sending a fleshlight to @Noskey as a reward.

REMINDER: Please be sure to sign up for the 2nd game above.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom