OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Amazon at 999 today! Insane it happened this fast

Got into JD this week and was down like 50% when China's credit rating got downgraded, held that bad boy and sold for a $15 gain today :lol:.

Do you guys think amazon and google will continue this run tomorrow?! I really, really want to get into them today, not sure if i want to risk it or not.

Anyone playing the market tomorrow? Trump somehow turned his Paris accord withdrawal speech into how great America is, rallying the market :lol:. I'm thinking we go only up tomorrow

Pretty sad I had to wait for money to settle from an earlier sale, or I would've bought in something. That morning pop might be something else. Might just have to get in right away

Anyone playing the market tomorrow? Trump somehow turned his Paris accord withdrawal speech into how great America is, rallying the market :lol:. I'm thinking we go only up tomorrow

Pretty sad I had to wait for money to settle from an earlier sale, or I would've bought in something. That morning pop might be something else. Might just have to get in right away

Think I'm going to sit on the sidelines for this one unless the market takes a hit. Honestly, the main stock I'm watching right now is NVDA and I'm just looking for a decent pullback to jump in.

I will say that I do agree with Trump's sentiment that countries like China and India aren't putting forth the effort that we are into controlling climate change, so they get the benefit of being part of the "accord" while hardly scaling back on pollution. However, I know if they were aggressive that would raise prices on a lot of stuff US companies manufacture over there.

I feel coal is moving backwards for our country even though you might be able to make some money trading wise

It's clearly a dying industry. I don't understand why Donnie's constituents hold so much value to a politician's support of coal.

For a group who's so clearly pro-military, you would think they'd support nuclear energy. But nah. Coal.

Sat on the sidelines just cause I didn't want to rush anything..then in the last 30 minutes I made a crazy play. Hopefully it pays off on Monday :lol: :smh:
Was up about $1,200 minutes after buying in, but my sell order didn't fill, and I got a violation notice. Not trying to get a violation so I have to wait it out and hope it didn't screw me over big time

Last edited:
Bought a couple $1005 Calls on Amazon today just for kicks. Figured it would flirt with $1000 again but thought it had no chance of being in the money by the end of the day.

When it got to $1000 I sold em for a couple hundred dollars profit, then it shot up past $1005. I was sick :lol:

Stock is crazy right now but I sense a pullback looming.

Welp. My play on friday EOD was buying Restoration hardware cheap calls for the 9th. They tanked so hard after an ER that wasn't even bad.. figured it would bounce back, especially after the weekend. The risk was worth it and it worked out. went on a nice little run today

bought cheap OTM calls at 1.10, now at 3.0+. :pimp:

currently shorting herbalife and up a lot also, been a really good day

Last edited:
If fb stock was an actual person, I would fight it for acting so stupid.

I could have jumped on the tesla or nvda boat a long time ago but told myself to be patient...

Re: TSLA. If you think they'll deliver on their promise to deliver Model 3 cars to customers during Q3, buy now. If you don't think they'll hit their self-imposed deadline, wait until next earnings for guidance and buy after the dip.

Fwiw, I'm holding my shares until I retire and would jump on the next dip (whenever that might be) with any extra cash I have lying around.

Re: TSLA. If you think they'll deliver on their promise to deliver Model 3 cars to customers during Q3, buy now. If you don't think they'll hit their self-imposed deadline, wait until next earnings for guidance and buy after the dip.

Fwiw, I'm holding my shares until I retire and would jump on the next dip (whenever that might be) with any extra cash I have lying around.

Whats the target price for you with the dip? been hanging out at 340-350 this week. I took my money ran then bought back in now I want to buy more. TSLA is truly a novelty

The dip happened.... to the entire market though. I wonder what caused it

The dip wasnt massive imo. We are still due for one tho. I got cash sitting around so I am waiting

Whats the target price for you with the dip? been hanging out at 340-350 this week. I took my money ran then bought back in now I want to buy more. TSLA is truly a novelty

The dip happened.... to the entire market though. I wonder what caused it

The dip wasnt massive imo. We are still due for one tho. I got cash sitting around so I am waiting
The valuation right now is pricing in the company hitting their deadlines and deliveries. Not sure how much the price could be inflated by that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the stock tumbles 8% to under $300 if one of those factors isn't met. So I guess I'm saying that if it dips under 300 I'd take a look.

Of course it also depends on other factors like momentum, RSI, macroeconomic factors that might affect the company, etc. For example, if renewable energy tax credits for individuals go away under this admin (I don't think they will), I might wait to buy, even under $300, until being able to assess Model 3 demand after the fact.

Last edited:
Ive been reading up, watching videos, and taking courses and I am about to create an acct on td ameritrade. The only thing that is getting me is why do they need employer info and financial info. Can anybody give me some type of insight on that?

Ive been reading up, watching videos, and taking courses and I am about to create an acct on td ameritrade. The only thing that is getting me is why do they need employer info and financial info. Can anybody give me some type of insight on that?

Brokers offer margin accounts, which are essentially cash loans for trading/investment on their platform. They gotta make sure your finances are in order before they throw you a line of credit. Also things like higher level options trading are credit transactions, they just want to make sure you're good for it.

Brokers offer margin accounts, which are essentially cash loans for trading/investment on their platform. They gotta make sure your finances are in order before they throw you a line of credit. Also things like higher level options trading are credit transactions, they just want to make sure you're good for it.
oh ok i'm not trying to deal with margins or options, just straight buy and sell with whatever I put in, nothing else. That's why I was kind of confused.

- They don't actually call your employer do they? Don't want the company in my personal business.

Last edited:

In addition to what goldenchild said, I think these platform are treated just like regulard financial institution and are required to have some information on their "clients".

you know... feds watching :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom