OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I became a first time landlord 24 months ago… I have my tenants rent the same as day 1 and she’s in for one more year, just planning to keep the same. My market is a booming market (Tampa suburb). Actually I’ve lowered her rent when I consider that I decided after she moved in to cover her lawn maintenance and pest control. She is a single mother, minority, and active military so I feel like it’s the right thing to do. Actually this month, her 24th month of paying rent was her first time asking me to pay in an installment because she got a speeding ticket… every other time was right on time

I became a first time landlord 24 months ago… I have my tenants rent the same as day 1 and she’s in for one more year, just planning to keep the same. My market is a booming market (Tampa suburb). Actually I’ve lowered her rent when I consider that I decided after she moved in to cover her lawn maintenance and pest control. She is a single mother, minority, and active military so I feel like it’s the right thing to do. Actually this month, her 24th month of paying rent was her first time asking me to pay in an installment because she got a speeding ticket… every other time was right on time

Did you buy the property specifically as a rental, or you lived there first and kept it after moving to another place? You live local to the area or out of state landlord? I want to get a rental property but can't do it here in CO

Did you buy the property specifically as a rental, or you lived there first and kept it after moving to another place? You live local to the area or out of state landlord? I want to get a rental property but can't do it here in CO
Bought it to rent out and yeah I live in the area

Near MacDill? Always felt like a SFH investment property made sense in that area. Basically guaranteed $. Market is on fire in Tampa right now though.

So the Fed is gonna taper faster and try to mitigate the wild inflation they helped create. Nice.

sort of a financial advice question, but how much cash do you guys typically keep stowed away in a plain savings account? fairly new to investing, but I imagine its more beneficial to throw all your savings into a S&P 500 fund?

sort of a financial advice question, but how much cash do you guys typically keep stowed away in a plain savings account? fairly new to investing, but I imagine its more beneficial to throw all your savings into a S&P 500 fund?
Zero cash, all my savings is in the market, and the stuff I want to keep "safe" I keep in SPY like you mentioned. Cash is garbage

Not as extreme as antidope antidope , I keep enough for a months worth of bills. This is just for emergencies where i wouldnt be able to use credit, since it takes multiple days to get money out of Ameritrade.

I’m like antidope antidope i don’t hold more than 5k in cash. If I have emergency expenses I have my credit cards and I’m lucky to make enough monthly where it covers anything that may come up.

I’m like antidope antidope i don’t hold more than 5k in cash. If I have emergency expenses I have my credit cards and I’m lucky to make enough monthly where it covers anything that may come up.
Same and at this point I have a few bills that are just tied to my Margin line. Its pennies of interest, totally worth the peace of mind to me.

Back
Top Bottom