OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I have a chunk of cash I had been holding to purchase a rental property... but I should've put it into crypto / stocks for the last year+. I think I've made about $200 in "HIGH YIELD" interest...

Y'all wild...lol

I've got dependents and a mortgage. I need cash in the bank..lol. I'd probably consider yoloing all my funds into the market if I was a bachelor, but I'm not...so there's that.

You never know when you'll need money. And you don't want to need your money at the very moment the market tanks, so it's wise to keep some bread on you always.

Y'all wild...lol

I've got dependents and a mortgage. I need cash in the bank..lol. I'd probably consider yoloing all my funds into the market if I was a bachelor, but I'm not...so there's that.

You never know when you'll need money. And you don't want to need your money at the very moment the market tanks, so it's wise to keep some bread on you always.

For the latter piece that's what the paychecks cover. I organically DCA

Higher leverage means higher default risk

A proven method where return of borrowed money > cost of debt justifies higher levereage

All the ****ty consulting jobs over the past 3 decades can all be traced to that ****ty firm. Yet people still throw millions at them 🤦‍♂️

let alone the work they do with shady governments.

All the ****ty consulting jobs over the past 3 decades can all be traced to that ****ty firm. Yet people still throw millions at them 🤦‍♂️

let alone the work they do with shady governments.
Not to mention the weirdos that work there (yes generalization)

945034AD-22C4-4350-9CC5-B6DF75A4D6FC.gif

Premarket got me with the dwade pump fake this morning, smh

Finally able to start my $AMD position. Need more strong proven growth companies in my port. Played around too much with the speculatives. Made some money, lost money. But Im tryna get some real hitters and minimize my allocation to risky plays. Wanna get into $NVDA too, now would be a good time but I might have to wait

USE DEBT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
GOOD LAD. Gotta use them like they use you!

Yo, sorry for the rookie question here...but care to elaborate? We just bought our first house and I had the plan to toss a little more dough at it each month to go towards the principal.

It's funny how much of this (to me) is mental. Growing up in a family with a ton of debt, the goal has always been to eliminate it at all cost and "save for rainy day" in a traditional sense -ie banks. I am starting to understand the basics of the market and simple concepts like Index Funds vs a Savings Account (no brainer), but making it into an actual practice is hard work. Just want to keep learning and make sure i'm strategic on these first-time plays like purchasing a home.

Appreciate ya'll.

Yo, sorry for the rookie question here...but care to elaborate? We just bought our first house and I had the plan to toss a little more dough at it each month to go towards the principal.

It's funny how much of this (to me) is mental. Growing up in a family with a ton of debt, the goal has always been to eliminate it at all cost and "save for rainy day" in a traditional sense -ie banks. I am starting to understand the basics of the market and simple concepts like Index Funds vs a Savings Account (no brainer), but making it into an actual practice is hard work. Just want to keep learning and make sure i'm strategic on these first-time plays like purchasing a home.

Appreciate ya'll.
The math doesn't support it, it would tell you to invest that money. Over the last ten years (12/01/2011 to 11/30/2021) a 50/50 Stock & Bond Portfolio (using 50% S&P 500 & 50% Bloomberg Barclays) has returned +9.32% annualized.

If you're truly just trying to play the numbers, paying off a mortgage (or any sort of really cheap debt) early doesn't make financial sense if you had the option of investing that surplus vs using it to pay down debt. But its definitely more about just math.

Like you said there's a lot of emotion tied to it and it should be respected. I know people who have tens of millions of dollars who still won't do leverage even though it wouldn't hurt them at all and they just pay for everything cash. It's bad finance but what are you gonna do.

Basically as long as your investing return rate is greater than your mortgage interest rate... you should invest instead of paying extra on the loan.

Appreciate ya'll.

a) put $10,000 towards your mortgage principal to save yourself $350 a year in interest.

b) don't save $350 a year on your mortgage. put $10,000 into an index fund and make $850 in interest the first year and then compounded after that. $922 the second year, $1000 the third year and so on.

What sounds better?

Back
Top Bottom