OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Whenever I see I nice short setup on peloton I’m buying it
I don’t think anything is going to save that company not even if they get purchased

Any concerns you may be late to the party to short. The best time to short was when it was $150. Now it's around $30/share and any news that things are not that bad will send the stock higher.

I’m a total rook when it comes to stocks. I bought stuff years ago( apple, google, Tesla among others ) but never really managed them. Where can I get some advice for a casual holder. Just trying to have consistent long gains but a huge jump would be appreciated too!
ETFs are your friend for long gains and instant diversification. VOO, SPY, QQQ, VTI, etc.

www.etf.com is a good resource I use to compare ETFs. It also lets you search funds that hold a company you are interested in.

I would hate if that's the reason why he left. He's pounded the table on doing your DD, and I've been a big Core Satellite guy with SPY/ACWI guy in the thread since I've started posting usually off the back of his posts cause I know how much time it takes to do proper DD. I wouldn't even call what I do DD anymore. Those days are well behind me.

I hesitate to give direct advice for reasons like this I don't want to be held liable especially since there's rules against me doing such things. But there's a lot of personal responsibility here that people aren't accepting if they blame him.

Imagine blaming your financial issues on a random person that posts for FREE in a stock thread on a sneaker message board :lol:
Cats are weird man. The guy tossed out some free stock picks to look into that people bought into and it made them money, but because the market is down globally and some may have held these companies too long, they are looking for someone to blame. I remember johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm repeatedly telling people that these gains we're seeing isn't normal and to prepare in case for the inverse to happen. Now people are upset and want to blame him . Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Small caps once loved now doing poorly:

NFA

$dmtk
$apph
$blnd
$oscr
$alit
$vuzi
$bfly

Last edited:
My do nothing sp500/sp400/ russell 1000/ us reit index fund 401k is down 9% YTD. Sometimes the best you can do is just sustain and build and hope for the best. I can maybe retire by 70 at this point.

Edit:
Performance wise, past six months im breaking even. So we know the last three months have been brutal. The past three is showing all of the losses.. Last year is showing 9% gains and a two year out performance shows 18% overall gains. I think I shared awhile back that two years out was showing 30% gains. But 2018 was a bad bad year too. I’m doing pre tax 401k so it helps my tax situation yearly. I’m sure I may be at zero gains by the time I have to pay taxes on this.

So many pandemic stocks tricked people.

Last edited:
Cats are weird man. The guy tossed out some free stock picks to look into that people bought into and it made them money, but because the market is down globally and some may have held these companies too long, they are looking for someone to blame. I remember johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm repeatedly telling people that these gains we're seeing isn't normal and to prepare in case for the inverse to happen. Now people are upset and want to blame him . Damned if you do, damned if you dont.
This thread makes it seem like JRS was responsible for fed tapering lol

Who-Killed-Hannibal (1).jpg

We live in a surveillance state.

FB isn't going anywhere. I've always maintained that FB came to prominence and overtook myspace because zuck cut a deal with the feds. He gave the feds access to people and in return they gave him that college dropout backstory for mass acceptance of the platform by the general public.

And why is chipotle's stock price so high. Never made sense to me. It's extremely overvalued. The food is nothing to rave about.

Back
Top Bottom