OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I need to see the next quarterly report before I buy any more SQ. Don’t care if it’s trading at a massive discount. Need to see revenue growth in their other business areas and that bitcoin revenue percentage to come down from 50%. At the very least some reassuring forward looking statements.

My cost per share is so high that I’d have plenty room to still buy at a discount if the price goes up. Or trim and eat the L to get cash to buy something else on discount with more upside.

And why is chipotle's stock price so high. Never made sense to me. It's extremely overvalued. The food is nothing to rave about.
Yo their business plan is crazy….they basically monopolize a certain mile radius of local farmers where they get everything cheap and they always come out on top as far as margin something to that effect. But it was explained to me awhile back and it’s f’n genius. They always gonna win. Always

Is the stock market suppose to pick up anytime soon or this Russia Ukrainian thing messing everything up? my 401k is tanking my goodness

For us to go down similar to March 2020 would be a joke really. Markets once again over reacting to a war that’ll never happen.

Ukraine is the narrative but this market needed a major selloff regardless of that. These type of war scenarios dont affect the markets as much as one might think. S&P was up 120% in 20 months, I keep saying it but everything was massively overvalued. We are not going back to those levels anytime soon. We still have crazy inflation, rate hikes coming and the Fed hasnt even begun selling off their balance sheet. Not to mention continuing supply chain issues and uncertainty surrounding covid. There are literally zero bright spots right now.

This is a continued repricing of risk and does not have as much to do with ukraine as the media would have you believe.

man I'm glad I sold all my stocks in July 2021 and cashed out then...I put that money into real estate which is doing great right now.... but my 401k from my last job I transferred over to some mutual funds and it was up 12k in July 2021 now down 3k from initial investment.... so I lost 15k in less than a year... I guess just have to wait it out

Ukraine is the narrative but this market needed a major selloff regardless of that. These type of war scenarios dont affect the markets as much as one might think. S&P was up 120% in 20 months, I keep saying it but everything was massively overvalued. We are not going back to those levels anytime soon. We still have crazy inflation, rate hikes coming and the Fed hasnt even begun selling off their balance sheet. Not to mention continuing supply chain issues and uncertainty surrounding covid. There are literally zero bright spots right now.

This is a continued repricing of risk and does not have as much to do with ukraine as the media would have you believe.

I hear you. Every investor knows about upcoming rate hikes at this point. Covid uncertainty has been going on for 2 years plus now. These should be priced in.

In times of high inflation the markets didn’t tank this much either based on history.

I hear you. Every investor knows about upcoming rate hikes at this point. Covid uncertainty has been going on for 2 years plus now. These should be priced in.

In times of high inflation the markets didn’t tank this much either based on history.

Yes everyone knows rate hikes are coming and to some degree it is priced in, however the uncertainty stems from the fact that they may not work the way they are normally intended. These hikes could plunge the economy into recession due to a number of other factors. We are in a very precarious, complex position economically right now. I think people are doubting whether the fed can actually control this situation. Not to mention the fed still has an $9 trillion balance sheet they intend to start selling off soon, how much and how soon is an unknown. I dont think we have a covid type selloff but I dont think we have a V shaped recovery like we had then either. I dont think prople really understand how out of touch with reality stock prices have been over the last year or so. Americans had the largest savings rate in history during the pandemic due mainly to stimulus and shutdowns. All that money is now spent, which boosted corporate earnings significantly over the past year. Thats not going to happen again.

Zooming out, that growth from 2009 on has been just as insane. 2020 drop is very similar to this 2022 drop. I think we’re about 5% off.

Zooming out, that growth from 2009 on has been just as insane. 2020 drop is very similar to this 2022 drop. I think we’re about 5% off.

2009 recovery took almost 4 years to really get above the 120% return mark, we did it in less than 2 from covid lows. S&P dropped 36% from covid, I think we're down 10-11% this year.

Look at how the pe ratio of the s&p 500 dropped during that 2009 recession, was below 17 for most of the recovery. We're at 26 now, down from 45 last summer. I think if we get down to around 20 we'll be in a much better position barring any other major events.

Back
Top Bottom