OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Part of me feels that if everyone is expecting a recession there wont be one. Plus unemployment rate is the lowest it’s been in decades. Gotta be a good sign no?
We can still be in a recession during low unemployment. Negative GDP growth in these terms could develop through slowed spending and stalled wage growth. Compared to end of 2021, I dont see these components and the rest of the macro picture looking any better with inflation spiking. Literally the only positive data point is employment.

We can still be in a recession during low unemployment. Negative GDP growth in these terms could develop through slowed spending and stalled wage growth. Compared to end of 2021, I dont see these components and the rest of the macro picture looking any better with inflation spiking. Literally the only positive data point is employment.
And companies are pressed to fire people. Its gonna happen.

I just need the fed to hit the recession button and be done with it. Trying to avoid the inevitable. We need a hard reset take us down to 3400 already.

This stagflationary environment is so much worse

Cynical me feels like the underlying goal of this downturn is to really punish retail. After the gme short squeeze and like events, after all the unionizing, efforts, after all thr balsy proclamations of "buy the dip", the market makers are making moves on some "y'all gon' learn today" ishh. If you ain't "institution," this downturn is about to burn slowly like Usher circa 2003-2004.

This was the best job market of all time

It’s telling the VC/PE’s ain’t shelling out - raising ain’t gunna be what it was and you won’t see Series E spots IPOing

Been too busy grinding haven’t kept up with the madness.

Got a lot of money sitting in cash. Anything that’s at a good discount right now? Was just gonna load up on Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, and CRM while the cost is low.

Been too busy grinding haven’t kept up with the madness.

Got a lot of money sitting in cash. Anything that’s at a good discount right now? Was just gonna load up on Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, and CRM while the cost is low.
SBUX with a P/E of 19 really has my eye, with Howard coming back into the fold.

Hadn’t heard of it (much younger than I am) - don’t like it, will get gobbled up or fold

Yea, kinda agree.

There needs to be a betting app, with modular UI, real time stat tracking, and bets sent to the user based on team/player interest

Bovada not cutting it

Damn I finally decide to go back to school and start job hunting in the fall and the markets fall apart :smh:

I think the Fed should do nothing. Everybody that wants to have a job, can get a job. I'd rather have this inflation than a lot of people out of work. The Fed has not been able to find the right balance in nearly over 20 years.

They do not have a good track record for soft landings.

I’ve been sharing here off and on for awhile now. I have a do nothing 401k that I use for the 10% tax benefits. At its worst at this very moment, ytd I am down 9% (it was 12% two days ago).
It’s a nearly equal split between a sp500/sp400/russell 1000/us reit index funds. What’s funny is for a two year window, I’m up 50% still. That 2018 and again in 2020 drop were vicious. This is nothing folks.

In the same vain, many stocks are way down from just 1-2 years back. But still up from 5 years ago. How many are truly long in some of these stocks?
Triple jinx on myself. Down 18% just a few days ago. Now at -16%? All for a vague 10% tax benefit over time.

Index funds have their place in regards to general tax rebates/refunds. Long term, random $-:!! Stocks may be your best gamble. I’m okay with the % increases

642E2AE8-9BE0-4F29-A7B2-FFBABFB4D887.jpeg

Drying up quick

Back
Top Bottom