OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Honestly there’s not enough volatility in snap for a short term play. It’s gonna chop around here unless they have a dreadful earnings. I could see it maybe tanking to 8 or 7 but it’ll hover around 10 for the most part.

I’m tempted to do a little risk reversal in snap eventually. Sell the Jan 21 7-5 Put spread to buy the jan 21 10 call. Would cost 200. I have to do the math on how much credit you’d get from the put spread to figure out the overall risk. Might be a cheaper option than buying the call outright but if the risk is greater than 300 it’s not worth it.

Honestly there’s not enough volatility in snap for a short term play. It’s gonna chop around here unless they have a dreadful earnings. I could see it maybe tanking to 8 or 7 but it’ll hover around 10 for the most part.

I’m tempted to do a little risk reversal in snap eventually. Sell the Jan 21 7-5 Put spread to buy the jan 21 10 call. Would cost 200. I have to do the math on how much credit you’d get from the put spread to figure out the overall risk. Might be a cheaper option than buying the call outright but if the risk is greater than 300 it’s not worth it.

I just need it to go to $8 or 7.5 and I’m cool
As of right now the calls are cheap even leading into the far future even one for 2021 is about $43

The dudes that are bearish on NKE might be in for a rude awakening
They are talking big **** on stocktwist
Even speaking on irrelevant ****

Just skip Snap and buy Twitter. Snap is worthless now that it’s main function has been “Debo’d by its competition

Watching today:
$.Jone. (This one might be a runner. Will open market buy. Hoepfully between 7.5 - 8.00
$.Cei
$.Yuma
$.Cdti

Last edited:
NKE down on earnings beat

When everyone expects a move one way and it's so predictable you often get punished just like this

Just found this thread and will be keeping up?

Anyone messing with Geron ($GERN)? Been a wild ride of volatility with them but a JnJ buy out in the future could be realistic considering they’ve been working together on a cancer fighting drug imetelstat for the past 4 years. I got in at the lower $4, Sold when it reached $7.10 before shorting once Johnson and Johnson didn’t make any specific announcement about the drug continuation. Got back in at the low $5s and it’s been rising steadily this past week because an imminent JnJ continuation decision is coming by the 30th.

All my 12-16 year old cousins are on Snap more than any other app.

I still use mine too, those Snap groups are better than anything IG got to offer.

In on $.CEI tomorrow. Possible debt free News tomorrow or Friday.

Watching $.Atos. Possible pump .

I think I’m going to be more of a options trader and stock trade with my capital gains

And got a put option with BBBY and it’s already down $3 after market hopefully it goes down some more or stay consistent where it’s at until the morning bell

That was an ugly close across all the major indices. Holding a large NQ short position overnight into tomorrow.

I think I’m going to be more of a options trader and stock trade with my capital gains

And got a put option with BBBY and it’s already down $3 after market hopefully it goes down some more or stay consistent where it’s at until the morning bell

You should definitely put a strategy together instead of being bump and go.

If you bought after 08 and held you’d be well off. Just need to time things correctly, add to winners, take profits in stages, etc.

You should definitely put a strategy together instead of being bump and go.

for example?

Is anyone a long term holder in here because I don’t see how y’all do it unless the dividen payout is worth it

what do you mean? generally, i think it depends on the the circumstance, like if you are buying a company like apple (maybe less so now), fb, amazon, or the like; even maybe got in on early on some company that looks to be ascending it could make sense to hold for a while

for example?

what do you mean? generally, i think it depends on the the circumstance, like if you are buying a company like apple (maybe less so now), fb, amazon, or the like; even maybe got in on early on some company that looks to be ascending it could make sense to hold for a while

I’m aware of everything you stated I asked a question because I’m aware everyone doesn’t make the same moves in the stock market

I have some long term hold but I don’t make as much money as I do as a stock trader that what I prefer above buy and hold
I just continued the buy and hold because people swear that I’m missing out but I see it the other way around but I have no problem doing both
Stick trading is just my preference that I will exercise until the wheels fall off

Bought what in 08
And that whole take profits in stages thing has always been silly to me in a thing that unpredictable
If you literally bought anything in 2010 and the company didn’t go bankrupt you made at least double your money if you held until today. Buy and hold is proven to pay off if you invest in good companies with strong earnings year over year.

Idk how taking profits in stages is silly. You’re literally locking in gains and if you are adding back on dips, you’re winning immensely in the long run. Read William O’Neill’s book if you haven’t.

Back
Top Bottom