OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Anyone have a brokerage account open with Wells Fargo? I just opened one and plan to do like $100 a month. Beginner to stocks and all of this. Currently the account is sitting at $0 and I'm reading First-Time Investor: Grow and Protect Your Money. 

Heard of Robinhood and I had it at one point. Heard it's not worth it - least that's what the little reviews I looked at are saying.

If youre a basic investor learning - hard to justify broker costs
Yes you cant short and "day trading" isn't "allowed" but most retail brokers are the same
Judging by your dollar amount, save money executing trades

TWTR almost in oversold territory :nerd:

Went in to catch a falling knife @ 22.10

Last edited:
First post papi. You picked up a nice one to start with.

Keene on the Market: Trade to Win Using Unusual Options Activity, Volatility, and Earnings by Andrew Keene
Brian Shannon's Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
William O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks
Jesse Livermore's How To Trade Stocks
David Linton's Cloud Charts
The Metaphysics of Wall Street by Justin Stone
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
2. One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch
3. The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing by Pat Dorsey
4. The Neatest Little Guide To Stock Market Investing by Jason Kelly
5. How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
6. A Beginner's Guide To Investing - How To Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way by Alex H. Frey
7. Stock Market Investing For Beginners - Tycho Press
8. Financial Fitness Forever by Paul Merriman
9. Live It Up Without Outliving Your Money! by Paul Merriman
10. First-Time Investor Grow and Protect Your Money by Paul Merriman
11. 101 Investment Decisions Guaranteed To Change Your Financial Future by Paul Merriman
Trading In The Zone
Beyond Fear and Greed
Think Twice
Markets in Profile by James Dalton
Saw this list posted on the Twitter. He's also worth a follow.
@canuck2usa: Trading Books I like The Bible of Options Strategies-Cohen / Five Waves to Financial Freedom: Learn Elliott Wave Analysis cont/
@canuck2usa: Trading Chaos: Maximize Profits with Proven Technical Techniques/Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management cont/
@canuck2usa: Dual Momentum Investing: An Innovative Strategy for Higher Returns with Lower Risk/Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets-Murphy
@canuck2usa: Market Wizards, Updated: Interviews With Top Traders
@canuck2usa: Option Volatility & Pricing: Advanced Trading Strategies and Techniques
@canuck2usa: Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets by John J. Murphy.
@canuck2usa: Following the Trend: Diversified Managed Futures Trading
The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist Hardcover by Brett N. Steenbarger

Last edited:
AAPL out here getting killed these last few weeks.

China halts trading today after market drops 5%.

It's an ugly chart in aapl but I'd start in if I had the capital. Small so I have room to add. I love this company but the technical do suck at the moment.

Wtf is going on?? China cant have this big of an effect on everyone else can it? ******* christ.

:lol:

Word. GDP greater than US & almost more than the whole EU, of course it would affect the international markets.

Anyway, re-upped on some mid & large-cap mutual funds that should've gone through at the close today. Good thing I procrastinated and didn't do it at the beginning of the week like I meant to. Hope it's just a mini-correction.

Last edited:
I get that China's got heavy influence, but to crash the entire world's markets like this is still crazy. Guess I really am not giving them enough credit. Oh well, time to buy.

My portfolio is getting hit but it's not that large so I'm not in panic mode, but I'm concerned. This whole "strong dollar" crap is hurting the market among other things

First post papi. You picked up a nice one to start with.

Keene on the Market: Trade to Win Using Unusual Options Activity, Volatility, and Earnings by Andrew Keene
Brian Shannon's Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
William O'Neil's How to Make Money in Stocks
Jesse Livermore's How To Trade Stocks
David Linton's Cloud Charts
The Metaphysics of Wall Street by Justin Stone
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
2. One Up on Wall Street by Peter Lynch
3. The Five Rules for Successful Stock Investing by Pat Dorsey
4. The Neatest Little Guide To Stock Market Investing by Jason Kelly
5. How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market by Nicolas Darvas
6. A Beginner's Guide To Investing - How To Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way by Alex H. Frey
7. Stock Market Investing For Beginners - Tycho Press
8. Financial Fitness Forever by Paul Merriman
9. Live It Up Without Outliving Your Money! by Paul Merriman
10. First-Time Investor Grow and Protect Your Money by Paul Merriman
11. 101 Investment Decisions Guaranteed To Change Your Financial Future by Paul Merriman
Trading In The Zone
Beyond Fear and Greed
Think Twice
Markets in Profile by James Dalton
Saw this list posted on the Twitter. He's also worth a follow.
@canuck2usa: Trading Books I like The Bible of Options Strategies-Cohen / Five Waves to Financial Freedom: Learn Elliott Wave Analysis cont/
@canuck2usa: Trading Chaos: Maximize Profits with Proven Technical Techniques/Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management cont/
@canuck2usa: Dual Momentum Investing: An Innovative Strategy for Higher Returns with Lower Risk/Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets-Murphy
@canuck2usa: Market Wizards, Updated: Interviews With Top Traders
@canuck2usa: Option Volatility & Pricing: Advanced Trading Strategies and Techniques
@canuck2usa: Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets by John J. Murphy.
@canuck2usa: Following the Trend: Diversified Managed Futures Trading
The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist Hardcover by Brett N. Steenbarger

nice repped

Don't mean to be a ****, but I hate seeing you guys say I'll just ride it out and be all helpless. Here's the lesson guys, you need to know how to protect yourselves. If you have long term positions you want to keep, learn how to hedge. If you're in stocks without a real plan, ask yourself why and determine your plan. Don't just get hopeful because one day, we'll be in major liquidation mode and you'll be stuck there waiting years for the turn around. Having said that, if I had the money, I'd probably nibble on some names here. Stocks like DIS, AAPL and TWTR intrigue me at these levels, as well as AGIO. Just sucks I don't have the capital free to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom