OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

crazy. some people i know going all in lump sum. 🤷‍♂️

Personally, I think DCAing is overrated. Only because it is too often taken as gospel. As a long term investor, I prefer to lump sum if I have the cash.

If I find an attractive entry point I'm comfortable with, I will go in.

I usually will DCA if I don't have full conviction in the play

So, there perhaps should be some balance. That's just my style. It's an issue of personal preference ultimately.

However, there are studies that show that you get better returns with a lump sum strategy vs DCA'ing.

Jumped in some SQ calls to early and took a l lost half my gains for the week
Account up 25% this week
I’m done until Monday
I’m in the green so I can’t complain
Was close to my first goal on this small *** account though
We will get there

Personally, I think DCAing is overrated. Only because it is too often taken as gospel. As a long term investor, I prefer to lump sum if I have the cash.

If I find an attractive entry point I'm comfortable with, I will go in.

I usually will DCA if I don't have full conviction in the play

So, there perhaps should be some balance. That's just my style. It's an issue of personal preference ultimately.

However, there are studies that show that you get better returns with a lump sum strategy vs DCA'ing.
I always dca and put in some cash on pullbacks. I will never put lump sum of 10k+ on a position in a single order anymore. I've done it in the past and thankfully it's worked out fine for me, but looking back it's not the smartest thing to do. You see a lot of new investors in the markets that are putting big money in at once, essentially going all in at ath its dumb as **** if you ask me.

I always dca and put in some cash on pullbacks. I will never put lump sum of 10k+ on a position in a single order anymore. I've done it in the past and thankfully it's worked out fine for me, but looking back it's not the smartest thing to do. You see a lot of new investors in the markets that are putting big money in at once, essentially going all in at ath its dumb as **** if you ask me.

not only that, they use these dumb platforms like robinhood where theres not a sufficient amount of data to utilitze your big plays. damn app doesnt even have a volume bar

im looking into raytheon now. corporatism is fine if blue church people do it. if its red church people do it its fascism.

Attachments

• 140602098_315222279926020_3835259830659401856_n.jpg
    140602098_315222279926020_3835259830659401856_n.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 397
If you're a champion of the science legging in doesn't actually make a difference long term. I can see the argument for single names though compared to people who doing full-fledged portfolio management.

Just one of those weird behavioral finance things. If you went all-in then looked around March 25th at the lows, you'd be pissed.

I don’t DCA stocks. I do for mutual funds and crypto. With stocks I average in over a couple of days, months, whatever. I don’t like lump sum, but I get why you would buy in two or three lots in a week or two time span vs 1% every week.

btw this is the ****ing top guys

Great thread and article

Telehealth + remote monitoring + personalized medicine = next Amazon of healthcare

long TDOC with a minimum $100 billion price target and a 10-15 year target of $1 trillion if they can expand LVGO into every chronic condition and make smart acquisitions like PGNY and Hinge Health.

I look at my book everyday and question whether I’m this good, lucky or a combination of both. I won’t know until a bear market hits but hopefully it’s the first or third point.
This is me and why I'm sold out of so many positions that won bigly last year. PTON, TSLA, almost out of CHWY and ETSY, nervous about PINS and AAPL. I dont want to be the one holding the bags, or knives, as they fall, so if that means missing the top and selling early, so be it. I cant be this "good" at stock picking. If I am, some certain local advisories and banks missed out on a genius. But I dont think so. I think a combination of luck and internet caused the most inflated market in history, which we will all look back at in 3 years saying "it was so obvious!!!"

Concerned? I love it, he's saying learn not put it all on NKLA :lol:
Let NKLA be example #1 of how we know this market is ****ed with a capital F. A company that exists because they slapped their logo on a truck, took out the engine, and pushed it down a hill, has a market cap of $8 billion. And that's only because their founder was fired for sexually assaulting multiple women, the company is under investigation by the SEC and DOJ, and the only hope they had at making cars backed out of the deal and said they would sell them the components IF PAID FOR IN FULL.

THAT company is worth 8 billy? It's worth two Gamestops? Two Jumia's? Four FUBO's? Companies with products and revenue? No. No, this market is ****ed.

Reading this now. I've become such a digital health bull. The future is limitless. Remote monitoring, genomics, personalized medicine, we don't need to suffer or be sick anymore.

"A recent American Medical Association survey of nearly 1,600 physicians and other health professionals found that 60% reported that telehealth has improved the health of their patients and 80% indicated it had improved the timeliness of care."

The reality is, you're going to go to the doctor or clinic once a year in person to draw blood (unless you need a treatment), and through wearables you'll have your vitals monitored at all times and through Telehealth you'll be able to be in constant contact with either AI or a PCP to guide you on your personal journey. And once liquid biopsies are perfected (or as close to as possible) and affordable to run with your annual blood work, we'll never see anyone die of cancer again. This is so amazing to me. We're in the middle of a revolution.

Last edited:
How soon will the public adopt telehealth and wearables? What's the cost relative to in-person visits? Do large insurers cover these types of expenses? I imagine they would prefer people use this form of health monitoring since it would theoretically improve general health and lead to quicker diagnosis for their insureds, but I feel like people would need a push to get using these services.

FWIW my college capstone class had a telehealth company come in for help for one of our capstone projects, and I was sold on the idea then and there. That was in.. 2012? The tech has obvs greatly improved and been refined, so I really hope that guy was able to keep his business alive to today and see his vision realized.

Back
Top Bottom