OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

the meme'ing of stonks in 2021 ... this is sooo 2013 #DOGE

What if this is all a ruse to divert crypto folks back into the stock market? All anyone was talking about a couple weeks ago was crypto. I haven’t heard a peep since this GME thing.

The internet and media groupthink is so insane. Things nowadays have so much momentum but people have such short attention spans. Things explode into popularity and just fade to the background when a new story breaks.

Do you guys think we will still be talking about GME a month or year from now? Or will this just be a blip. Crazy how this is unfolding!

Most of these Reddit guys got booted from the group who told them to hold so they could post gainz screenshots are now wallowing in their own regret. You do you every damn time.
What is causing the stocks gme/amc/nok to go down after hours? Who is making those trades?
a lot of it is looking at the market as a whole. If the Dow Jones and s&p500 are red, and tsla just had earnings and is red, and appl, outside pressures say this could be a red week, so they take their profits and move onto the next one. If everyone is freaking out around me, maybe I should be too.

What is causing the stocks gme/amc/nok to go down after hours? Who is making those trades?
profit taking from paper hands, hedge funds selling, a stock market that literally can’t hold a bid pushing everything down with it

lemme give y’all a lesson in reading a market

when you see a steep sell off at the open that rips up and goes red to green that’s great, profit taking happened and buyers wanted more, but when you see on that same day those stocks that went red to green then go green to red to close red, that’s distribution.

when you see the leaders of the market post stellar earnings, pop on them, then sell off and fade as if nothing happen, that’s the market telling you nothing can hold a bid and it’s under distribution. Y’all think I’m annoying but the warning signs are here and you need to be aware of what’s happening instead of blindly gambling. No one else is going to tel you the harsh truth. Unless you’re out here like アミーゴ アミーゴ with unlimited racks, you need to be smart.

it’s all emotions. Stay solvent.

the meme'ing of stonks in 2021 ... this is sooo 2013 #DOGE

**ya'll always late to everything.
I got this for you from ark’s big ideas for 2021

“Based on ARK’s simulated portfolio allocations, institutional allocations between 2.5% and 6.5% could impact bitcoin’s price by $200,000 to $500,000.”

There are some folks who are bullish on AMC long thinking that once the economy opens up they will boom.

But the stock has already boomed to way higher than pre-pandemic levels. Movie theatres in general seem to be expensive and outdated, younger people like to stream. So while investing in AMC when it was at its low made sense, fundamentally I don’t see the argument for purchasing it right now ... except for YOLO, STONKS GO BRRRRR. Which could very well end up being a lucrative gamble. I just am skeptical about “research” leading to purchasing at this inflated price.

But the stock has already boomed to way higher than pre-pandemic levels. Movie theatres in general seem to be expensive and outdated, younger people like to stream. So while investing in AMC when it was at its low made sense, fundamentally I don’t see the argument for purchasing it right now ... except for YOLO, STONKS GO BRRRRR.
I don't disagree BUT there is certainly more HOLD appeal with AMC long term over GME imo lol. That said, YOLO! Make the money and even better screw the banks/hedge funds from monopolizing the market. Love to see it. Can't believe it took this long to happen honestly.

I am sincerely happy for anyone making money, especially life changing money, during this crazy time. I do worry that a lot of folks will get burned. Some of the things I read from new investors remind me of this Simpsons bit ...

0B03961C-0F34-44B0-A2E8-1F1FF2FC1806.jpeg

I am sincerely happy for anyone making money, especially life changing money, during this crazy time. I do worry that a lot of folks will get burned. Some of the things I read from new investors remind me of this Simpsons bit ...

0B03961C-0F34-44B0-A2E8-1F1FF2FC1806.jpeg
Oh people will definitely get burned through stupidity no doubt. It's just wild what is happening.
AMC made sense under $5. Direct to consumer will cannibalize their business. Theaters don’t make money off releases, it comes from snacks for the most part. It’s a terrible market to be in at these levels.
Sound logic but as we know from GME, the companies actual performance doesn't mean anything for this current run.

Research led you to purchase AMC? Isn’t it just another YOLO stock like GME?

Yeah AMC and GameStop were part of my turnaround portfolio since last year. Invested heavyish assuming proper restructure and "rebrand". Originally meant to be 5+ year holds but that has obviously changed. Closed my GameStop position @$138 for an easy $276k. Holding 60k of AMC with average cost of ~$6 and will be fine if it goes to 0. We'll see 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom